Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Music to My Ears [Orchestral Cover]

JDHarding

Ok. 

It seems like the electric drum set is completely overpowering the orchestra, hence changing the genre to electro-orchestral, which I don't know was what you were looking for. 

Instead of using that electronic drumset, why not just simulate it all with the orchestral percussion? Use the snare for the build. Use a high-hat on the upbeat "and" and finally, timpani and bass drum for the kick. This way, you wouldn't have to worry about the electronic drum set being too loud. 

Also, could use a little more brass. 

All in all, good start, but try to implement the changes I suggested. That kit is just way too loud. Plus it has a little too much high end. 

I replaced the kick and snare with orchestral ones and altered the notes to make them a little more interesting.

I lowered the volumes on the rides and hats.

I'm running out of steam on this mix, so I don't know how much longer I'll actually work on it.

I replaced the kick and snare with orchestral ones and altered the notes to make them a little more interesting.

I lowered the volumes on the rides and hats.

I'm running out of steam on this mix, so I don't know how much longer I'll actually work on it.

Wow, that sounds 100x better than what you had first!

(edited)

I added brass, timpani drum, and replaced all of the hats with orchestral shakers. I also did a couple other tweaks here and there.

I'm calling it finished at this point. I'm tired of working on it.

Edited by JDHarding

I added brass, timpani drum, and replaced all of the hats with orchestral shakers. I also did a couple other tweaks here and there.

I'm calling it finished at this point. I'm tired of working on it.

Wow! That's awesome! Though I would add a little depth to that snare, even though you said you won't work on it anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...