Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OC Mystery Novel? Yay or nay?

RealityPublishing

4 users have voted

1. 1. Would you read it?

• Yeah
    • Meh...
    • Who...?

So for the 97.38% of you who don't know, I'm a FimFiction writer and lately, I've been running short on inspiration. I've got a couple ideas, but one really stuck to me. I've already got a planned release coming out in October and I was wondering if I could get one more story in by the end of the Summer Season. The fiction (novel) that I'm writing is a mystery/action-style story that'll probably span a couple of installments depending on how well received it is. (I'll post a teaser image in a follow-up discussion). I've got a sample here: 

"I staggered back, watching sparks fly through the air like an Equestrian holiday. Ponies dressed in deep red ducked in the nightly shadows, waiting for the right time to strike. Their shouts called to me, addressing me as though a victim of their plot, which... well, I was. Large crates of a ship's cargo littered the loading bay as crashing fires whizzed overhead. I put one hoof in front of the other, lowering my head as I slowly dragging myself along the concrete decks. Vaguely, I could hear each one shout in the late night's shower; everypony was against me. Fire ruptured from one of the many nearby oil tanks, launching me back with a gust of merciless force as I now hung from the edge of the dock, my hind legs dangling just three hooves above the ocean's grasp. The sounds of heavy trotting echoed around me, quickly closing in as I carefully weighed my options,

"I have to get out of here; I have to tell her..."

The papers in my dying hooves grew damp as the rain wept upon them. They were everything I needed to finish this... to finish... them."

The excerpt doesn't quite highlight the "mystery" aspect of the story, but it'll be in there; I promise. 

So... would you read it?

well i don't read much but.. in the event of relations in the book, provided they are canon of which there is like 2... mr and mrs cake and cadence and shining armour or OC + OC. i hate OC + canon character and stupid fan ships. should it meet this criteria of mine i'd read your story :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

well i don't read much but.. in the event of relations in the book, provided they are canon of which there is like 2... mr and mrs cake and cadence and shining armour or OC + OC. i hate OC + canon character and stupid fan ships. should it meet this criteria of mine i'd read your story :P

Uh... hmm... well....

I don't exactly write to make ships. In fact, this novel has hardly any canon characters with the exception of royalty. There's not exactly any romance at all (Not any planned, that is. Seriously doubt it.). Although looking back, I can kinda see where you got that from. Still, I hope you can stick around to see the finished product. 

-R.P.

Edited by RealityPublishing
  • Brohoof 1

I hope you can stick around to see the finished product. 

-R.P.

but of corse, PM me to say you are done and i will read it, you have my utmoast admiration and respect for your efforts, i look forward to its compleasion :P

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...