Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Moments From Season 2 So Far

BizzarePony

WARNING! MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD!

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to talk about season 2.Every single one of us is excited about season two, and so far it has proven to be as well done as the original. I am sure that all of you have favorite moments from this new season, and this is the place to share them.

My favorite moment?

When Fluttershy goes all serious when chasing Rainbow Dash. I was almost in tears at the intensity!

What do you ponies have to say?

• Brohoof 1

Every time that Applejack lied in the second episode. (My reaction to it each time=lol)

While episode 1 felt rushed and awkward (to me, anyways), episode 2 was spectacular. Everything, from Tom the Humungous Boulder, to Spike being Rainbow Dash, to Flutter*****, Angry Pie, and Applelie (I'm sorry, but she NEEDS a better name) ganging up on Twilight was absolutely priceless.

I loved the part where the rabbits ran over Twilight and Fluttershy was like, "Good boy Angel, mama's so proud!" I thought that was hilarious.

When Fluttershy goes all serious when chasing Rainbow Dash. I was almost in tears at the intensity!

This.

So far, I love the whole thing!!! Favourite part? I really like the "Necklace!Necklace!Necklace!Necklace! annd... BigCrownThingy!"

This.

Every time that Applejack lied in the second episode. (My reaction to it each time=lol)

Aaand, this. :3

And, everytime Fluttershy was rude. :P

• Brohoof 3

Everything to do with Discord. I love him so much. And... everything so far, really, except the ending to episode 2.

Other than that, I think my very favorite part so far has been... wow, this is hard... probably Rarity/Tom. I laughed really hard at that part xD

I loved everything about the new episodes, but my favorite would have to be Discord. He is such the perfect villain for the show, or any show and he made it on my list of favorite villains. He's so mischievous and awesome that it's almost impossible not to like him.I do hope they bring him back in the later episodes in some way, but I really doubt they will.

• Brohoof 1

i loved when discord had the cool guy glasses and had the red target on him, i also liked fluttershys tail whip :D

Posted Image

Edited by superponylinux
  • Brohoof 3

My favorite's got to be, and this is what I tell my (soon to be converted) non-brony friends about, is when Discord makes a glass appear, gets some chocolate milk that stops at the top and fills downward, then drinks the glass (not the chocolate milk), and then throws the milk behind him and it EXPLODES. I just love it xD

...does saying "Discord" count? No? I gotta flesh it out?

Okay then. How about this: WOULD YOU LIKE A CHOCOLATE MILK OF GLASS? If ya know what I mean. ;-)

But seriously, Discord was an epic character. The the aforementioned 'chocolate milk of glass' was my favorite moment from him.

Also, Twilight re-reading all of her letters was beautiful. Her remembering that she has friends worth keeping was the most inspiring thing I've ever seen in a cartoon.

And on a more design/animation view, the chaotic realm (not wanting to spoil it too much, but I'm sure you know what I mean when I say 'chaotic realm'). That was some of the craziest and most creative scenery ever. There's just so much going on, so much that doesn't make any sense. And so much that hasn't really been put to animation before. Uneating an apple? Drinking glass? It was just pure, unadultered chaos...and the animation made it perfect.

I was in love with Discord from his first line, and everything mentioned so far only made that more true. One thing that stood out to me, though, was the use of Kaa's hypnoeyes from The Jungle Book. Kaa is one of my favorite Disney characters, so more points to Discord.

Speaking of references, STAR WARS ENDING!!! Here was my progression on that:

Hey, that's kind of like Star Wars music. And they're in a hall. Probably a coincidence.

They're not talking, and AJ just did a wink. Are they?

Oh no, they're not. They can't be doing this.

*Circle to credits*

OMG THEY TOTALLY DID IT! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

And I couldn't agree more with SuperPonyLInux. That tail whip gets me every time. When they were changing Fluttershy back to normal, I was calling out "YOU IDIOTS! Why are you killing Flutterjerk? NO!!!"

My favorite part in the entire series would have to be one face that Discord made that was so epic that if the episode was absolute crap, it would've made it all worth it. I can't seem to find the face in picture form, though.

Liarjack is a close second.

I loved the part where the rabbits ran over Twilight and Fluttershy was like, "Good boy Angel, mama's so proud!" I thought that was hilarious.

This.

This.

Aaand, this. :3

And, everytime Fluttershy was rude. :P

This.

I loved it when Fluttershy was being a jerk to everypony. :P

Discord drinking the outline of his cup, throwing it behind him and looking smug as it exploded in the distance.

That's the very moment that solidified him as my favorite character on the show.

• Brohoof 1

See my user name :)

Really, everything that evilshy did or said was hilarious and my favorite part.

I gotta say, a drinking a chocolate milk of glass was great as well :)

I also loved when twi was walking after being turned, and all the random stuff was flying around and being... well, random.

Flutterbitch was great at first, although I got kinda tired of her quickly. I really liked the way Discord couldn't defeat Fluttershy the way he did the others, so he had to resort to forcing her, it really underscored Fluttershy's sweet nature. I also liked Princess Celestia quickly "knighting" Twilight with her horn, and of course the Star Wars ending.

My pick for best moment so far of season two, though, is when Discord finally defeated Twilight and she turned grey. It was so heart-breaking, my eyes filled with tears. Further tears were shed shortly afterward when Twilight reread all her letters to Celestia and renewed her faith in her friends.

• Brohoof 1

^ I might've said that....until the bush stomping and the whole "your face!" thing. And "Mama's so proud" really grew on me.

I already put this up elsewhere, but...

Posted Image

Edited by Vinyl Scratch
  • Brohoof 1

My favourites are Rarity and Fluttershy's transformation scenes in ep 1 and Flutterjerk in general. Also, "Here comes Tom!" was pretty humourous.