Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Moments From Season 2 So Far

BizzarePony

I loved the homage to The Beatles' "Yellow Submarine"

A lot of great moments, like when Discord says "Because I don't turn ponies into stone!"

The "big crowny thing" made me laugh, and Rarity with Tom was hilarious

Applejack saying "I was talking to...nopony. Nopony a't'all !"

Edited by Lupus

I loved the homage to The Beatles' "Yellow Submarine"

A lot of great moments, like when Discord says "Because I don't turn ponies into stone!"

The "big crowny thing" made me laugh, and Rarity with Tom was hilarious

Applejack saying "I was talking to...nopony. Nopony a't'all !"

Wait, Yellow Submarine? Where? I need to see that one for myself.

Everything Discord does, ever, especially his interactions with Twilight. They're so unlike each other, their scenes are bound to be interesting.

Also, like mod!Twilight said, the scenes of show!Twilight's heart breaking, as her friends left her and then how her faith is renewed, is just tearjerking. In addition, when she gets Applejack back to normal - especially with the music in the background.

And of course, the funny stuff is right when they get back to Twilight's house. Her voice actor is so great at showing anger. "It's my book and I'M GONNA READ IT!"

Also, like mod!Twilight said, the scenes of show!Twilight's heart breaking, as her friends left her and then how her faith is renewed, is just tearjerking. In addition, when she gets Applejack back to normal - especially with the music in the background.

Uh-oh. Please don't confuse me with the admin "Twilight Sparkle" - I'm "TwilightSparkle" without the space. I don't want to have to give up this name if it gets confusing.

Uh-oh. Please don't confuse me with the admin "Twilight Sparkle" - I'm "TwilightSparkle" without the space. I don't want to have to give up this name if it gets confusing.

Oh, I'm so sorry! My mistake - had to type quickly for a moment there and completely forgot to think. I doubt it'll be a problem, I just had an idiot-moment. Sorry. ^^;

the scenes of show!Twilight's heart breaking, as her friends left her and then how her faith is renewed, is just tearjerking. In addition, when she gets Applejack back to normal - especially with the music in the background.

Why do I love these ponies more when they make me cry than when they make me laugh?

Why do I love these ponies more when they make me cry than when they make me laugh?

You're onto something there. I feel the same way about 'em. I think it's because the show is usually light-hearted and comedic in nature, so we're not really expecting such deep moments. :huh:

You're onto something there. I feel the same way about 'em. I think it's because the show is usually light-hearted and comedic in nature, so we're not really expecting such deep moments. :huh:

Which, in turn, is one of the best explanations as to why we love the show so much. Its so much deeper and better produced than the other shows of it's demographics, it's in a field all it's own.

Also, another favorite moment is the part where Twilight's reading her old letters to the princess. Manly tears were shed.

• Brohoof 1

I loved it when Discord did a perfect Q-snap to disappear in a flash of light. Absolutely spot on. Made me go and rewatch a few episodes of TNG after that. :D

In fact, that was what finally turned me on to fanfiction. I never thought I would ever enjoy reading fanfic. One fan-made comic (really not the right term, what else can we call these?) I found on EqD was absolutely heart-wrenching and it was mentioned that it was based on a particular fanfic. So I thought I'd try reading the fic in question and by the end I was bawling like a baby. That showed me that fanfic can be really good if it's written by a good author who loves the source material. I've been reading fanfic ever since then, although I found I really couldn't deal with too many sad ones in a row and I need to break it up with light-hearted ones.

I loved it when Discord did a perfect Q-snap to disappear in a flash of light. Absolutely spot on. Made me go and rewatch a few episodes of TNG after that. :D

That was pretty cool, it was exactly the same way Q would teleport in STTNG.

Everything in this spoiler, and then some. The Discord two-parter was hands-down the best we've seen in the show yet. And Discord himself is a brilliant villain - he reminds me very much of Sylar from Heroes while that show was still awesome. I loved every second of Discord until his defeat - honestly, it seemed a bit rushed, and he put up no fight at all.

Everything to do with Discord. I love him so much. And... everything so far, really, except the ending to episode 2.

Other than that, I think my very favorite part so far has been... wow, this is hard... probably Rarity/Tom. I laughed really hard at that part xD

I loved everything about the new episodes, but my favorite would have to be Discord. He is such the perfect villain for the show, or any show and he made it on my list of favorite villains. He's so mischievous and awesome that it's almost impossible not to like him.I do hope they bring him back in the later episodes in some way, but I really doubt they will.

My favorite's got to be, and this is what I tell my (soon to be converted) non-brony friends about, is when Discord makes a glass appear, gets some chocolate milk that stops at the top and fills downward, then drinks the glass (not the chocolate milk), and then throws the milk behind him and it EXPLODES. I just love it xD

...does saying "Discord" count? No? I gotta flesh it out?

Okay then. How about this: WOULD YOU LIKE A CHOCOLATE MILK OF GLASS? If ya know what I mean. ;-)

But seriously, Discord was an epic character. The the aforementioned 'chocolate milk of glass' was my favorite moment from him.

Also, Twilight re-reading all of her letters was beautiful. Her remembering that she has friends worth keeping was the most inspiring thing I've ever seen in a cartoon.

And on a more design/animation view, the chaotic realm (not wanting to spoil it too much, but I'm sure you know what I mean when I say 'chaotic realm'). That was some of the craziest and most creative scenery ever. There's just so much going on, so much that doesn't make any sense. And so much that hasn't really been put to animation before. Uneating an apple? Drinking glass? It was just pure, unadultered chaos...and the animation made it perfect.

I was in love with Discord from his first line, and everything mentioned so far only made that more true. One thing that stood out to me, though, was the use of Kaa's hypnoeyes from The Jungle Book. Kaa is one of my favorite Disney characters, so more points to Discord.

Speaking of references, STAR WARS ENDING!!! Here was my progression on that:

Hey, that's kind of like Star Wars music. And they're in a hall. Probably a coincidence.

They're not talking, and AJ just did a wink. Are they?

Oh no, they're not. They can't be doing this.

*Circle to credits*

OMG THEY TOTALLY DID IT! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

And I couldn't agree more with SuperPonyLInux. That tail whip gets me every time. When they were changing Fluttershy back to normal, I was calling out "YOU IDIOTS! Why are you killing Flutterjerk? NO!!!"

In fact, that was what finally turned me on to fanfiction. I never thought I would ever enjoy reading fanfic. One fan-made comic (really not the right term, what else can we call these?) I found on EqD was absolutely heart-wrenching and it was mentioned that it was based on a particular fanfic. So I thought I'd try reading the fic in question and by the end I was bawling like a baby. That showed me that fanfic can be really good if it's written by a good author who loves the source material. I've been reading fanfic ever since then, although I found I really couldn't deal with too many sad ones in a row and I need to break it up with light-hearted ones.

Argh, you're making me want to get back into writing fan fiction. I got about 25,000 words on a Yoshi fic a couple of years ago before school and the Internet took over my life, but the sheer depth of the MLP: FiM world is making me want to start writing fan fiction all over again. :(
  • Brohoof 1

I loved every second of Discord until his defeat - honestly, it seemed a bit rushed, and he put up no fight at all.

This is why I refuse to believe he actually went down willingly. Until there's another appearance proving otherwise, I believe the elements freezing him in stone again is only a minor setback he accounted for in a larger-scale plan. He's capable of as much.

Of course, that's how I deal with it. B)

Edited by Vinyl Scratch
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...