Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Moments From Season 2 So Far

BizzarePony

Definitely the Sweety Belle moment with the "I really...like her...mane?" and when after the spell it turned into gushing "I really like her mane!". And Applejack leaning back against the tree chewing straw. And Big Mac runnning off with the doll. And Pinkie nuzzling up to Twilight in front of the princess as if to say "Its alright, I went batshit crazy too once"

But the first 2 episodes are awesome with so many good points that that should always be remembered when discussing how good the following ones are :) I loved Pinkie's "He's standing on your head!" giggle, and Applejack's "I was talking to pony, no pony whatsoever" shifty eyes.

Too many great moments to choose, from the third episode alone. That whole thing was just one big greatest moment from start to finish.

Although particular stand-outs for me were Princess Celestia raising her voice for once - it's the first time we've ever seen her show anything less than infinite patience with Twilight - and Big Macintosh running off with the doll after the spell had been countered.

Are you guys all ready for episode 4 tomorrow? I can't wait to see Luna's characterization.

Episode 4= awesome. I really love just all the little things they slipped in. Along with just how funny Luna's character was. Favorite part? Luna trollIng rainbow dash. Priceless.

Also, confirmation that ponies can grow beards.

I loved Twilight's despair scene, where she greyed out and shed the heart shaped tear. Heartbreaking.

Correspondingly, the scene where she read the friendship reports, regaining her color and drive. Very heartwarming.

Atomic Rainbomb and Fluttershy "killing" a bear, just for awesome factor.

Twilight's Gollum impersonation.

Luna having her sort of semi-relapse into Nightmare Moon. Floating into the air, eyes aglow and surrounded by lightning. It's very easy to see how she became what she did before.

Of course, Luna's "The fun has been doubled" and "Huzzah!". Her big entrance was also pure badass. I wonder, does she always ride a black chariot, have guards with bat wings, and wear a cloak composed of bats, or was that just for Nightmare Night?

Edited by Emperor_Z

My favourite part was when Pinkie said, "I'm not a genius, I'm a chicken!"

I don't know why but I couldn't stop laughing.

It was hilarious, that's why. I had been watching it in the same room with my brother, and even though he wasn't watching it and makes fun of me for liking MLP, he laughed really hard at that line.

Also, I have to say I loved Luna's canon personality in today's episode. I can't pick a favorite moment, but the entire episode was amazing.

It was hilarious, that's why. I had been watching it in the same room with my brother, and even though he wasn't watching it and makes fun of me for liking MLP, he laughed really hard at that line.

Also, I have to say I loved Luna's canon personality in today's episode. I can't pick a favorite moment, but the entire episode was amazing.

Best luna part-

"Do I get double points!.....:D"

Oh but 'Pant's mane was star of the show!

I really like her *voice's cracks* mane?

Yes, that part made my headcanon go "Sweetie Belle is now 20% slower than the rest but still amazing in voice and cuteness"

There were plenty of hilarious, heartbreaking, mind-blowing... scenes in the first two episodes. I think they were all pointed out already.

In the 3rd ep, Big Mac running off with a doll was the biggest "WTF" moment I remember from the whole show. And I thought nothing would impress me after seeing Twilight go bats*** insane.

As for the 4th, it really made my day to hear Luna using her big, "traditional" voice in a completely casual manner. I kinda felt bad for her though - after being locked up inside the moon for a millennium, you'd expect the others (especially Trollest- erm, Celestia) to remind her of things, such as the meaning of a celebration (like Nightmare Night).

Edited by Feather Spiral

"I am not certain that did what you meant for it to do, Twilight Sparkle"

I love this quote and I also love the diction of the ponies, they often speak in full sentences and use quite complicated words. That's perhaps a personal thing, tho

One thing I've not seen noted much is why nobody beats up on the CMC for being the ones who warmed Discord's heart and woke him up from his millennium of being a stone statue? I can't believe people missed that was WHY he awoke, but the fighting fillies never got any share of the blame.

Of course in today's modern litigious society, it would have been Cheerilee who got the blame, the teacher for the students she could not control! Though I suppose she could counter-sue the parents...but none of the three actually have parents in the show...hmm their guardians then, Applejack, Rarity and...who does Scootaloo live with?

Why do I love these ponies more when they make me cry than when they make me laugh?

I ask myself the same question. :P

In response to the topic:

It would have to be Twilight's complete mental breakdown in Lesson Zero when she's at the picnic saying:

"It's the most horrific trouble I've ever been in and I really, really, REALLY need your help!"

She just pours her heart out and her friends didn't seem to care. It made me sad face and want to hug my television :(

Edited by Kodiak
  • Brohoof 1