Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S06:E16 - The Times They Are A Changeling

Ashen Pathfinder

What did you think of the episode?  

212 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• Times are changing, and I do not approve!
    • Eh, not really.
    • Times have changed. MEH!
    • Could've been better
    • Times are changing, and THAT WAS AWESOME!

That was actually unexpected; very good episode thus far!

• Brohoof 2

Damn... The feels.  :(  I find it believable that Spike would succumb to peer pressure and throw Thorax under the bus. So far a good mix of humor, action, and angst in this episode.

• Brohoof 3

Shining Armor is taking charge; actually nice to see. :)

• Brohoof 1

That episode was freaking AWESOME!!! I want more like that!!!

• Brohoof 5

This has been an episode that I have really been looking forward to a while, and I am pretty happy that it has finally arrived.

The scene before the theme song did a decent job at warming me up to Starlight so far.  (Maybe by the end of the season I will completely like her.)

The episode has managed to have some decent bits of comedy, I really like Thorax's character and his friendship with Spike, and Spike got a really sweet solo song that more than makes up for the Crystal Empire anthem.

This was a pretty great addition to season 6.

• Brohoof 4

i really related to spike messing it up...
and it hits REALLY close to home, making me relive some of my guilt.  

but not only was it realistic, it also set up a lovely conclusion...

also, i am not normally a fan of the songs, but that was one of my favorite ever. 

• Brohoof 3

The change of heart was a bit rushed, I guess musical numbers do that? XD

I liked Spike's solo though!

I still think it would have been more effective if he had pointed out he was briefly a monster, and Starlight could have chimed in that she was once evil and they point out the ponies all forgave both of them as the thing that changes their minds.

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 5

Wow I have to say this episode is way better than I expected. I expected it to be just fanservice about changelings. But what we got is one of the best Spike episodes that I can remember.

The only thing that I didn't absolutely love about this episode was the song. I felt that was a little weak. But other than that an absolutely superb episode and I look forward to more like it.

• Brohoof 1

Shut up, I'm not crying, you're crying, and all your tears are getting on my laptop!!!  I'M NOT CRYING!!!  :(  :(  :(

• Brohoof 9

One thing I really liked about the song was Starlight's demeanor. It was subtle, but as the song when one you could see her feeling fluctuate from pure anger to concern and even regret. The episode didn't have to say it; it just hit home for her.

• Brohoof 11

Now THIS is more like it! The last couple of episodes were less than stellar but I just loved this one. Thorax was likeable, the story progression was as expected but moved along without contrivances, everypony was in character, the message was wonderful, and will surely resonate with quite a few, and Spike's song was beautiful (I will even admit I actually teared up a little). In fact, Spike himself was great throughout - I think he is the star of Season 6 as he's just been great with every appearance. Already one of my favourites of the season so far.

Edited by Golden Star
  • Brohoof 7

This episode is really beautiful, like top 10 best episode material.

Also it's really optimistic, which I kind of needed right now (there are a lot of personal stuff going on in my life right now that I don't wanna talk about).

So 10/10

• Brohoof 5