Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Good shows that have bad opening themes/ending themes (and vice versa)

Alphys Hedge

What are some shows (sitcoms and other non-animated shows included) or anime that you personally like (or love), but have bad, repetitive, annoying, or just non-catchy theme songs?

As a follow-up, what are some bad/mediocre shows that have good theme songs?

For the first question I'd have to say Star vs. the Forces of Evil.

The show is amazing, and I absolutely love it, but I could never really get into the theme.

It mostly just lacks a good bass instrument, and also just missing instruments in general. If you listen, you can only really hear about 2 instruments excluding the drums.

As for the second, I unfortunately have to say the anime "Gyakuten Saiban: Sono Shinjitsu, Igiari!" (Turnabout Trial: I object to the truth!). The 2 opening themes are great, amazing almost, but the anime was... average at best. The animation is very bad at times, and it does not really stay true to the game that much.

Friendship is Magic ;)

As for bad shows with good theme songs, I have fond memories of the Ruby Spears Megaman Cartoon, but looking back, it isn't very good. But I LOVE the theme song, even if it uses the same words

• Brohoof 1

Orange is the New Black: https://youtu.be/fBITGyJynfA

While the later seasons haven't been as interesting imo, the first two were pretty good, but that intro - long, boring and Netflix don't skip it when selecting the next episode like they do with some other shows :/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A good show is still good with a bad opening. Hard to find an opening that's bad enough to make a show look bad.

I think you misread the title. I didn't say "themes that make shows look bad", I asked what shows are really good, but just don't have good themes (and vice versa).

Edited by Alphys Hedge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...