Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you feel about an MLP theme park?

Azureth

I was watching a video of top 10 theme parks that should be made, and to my surprise an MLP one was #9. I think the concept of one would be awesome, you could have different sections such as one based off Ponyville, one Canterlot, one Crystal Empire, etc. etc. And have all kinds of different rides and attractions.

Of course, I realize that realistically it's in no way plausible or practical. As popular as MLP is it's nowhere near popular enough to warrant a theme park based off of it. In all honesty I am sure the attendance would be extremely small, perhaps on its grand opening you could get a few thousand from those that would come from all over, but I am sure after just a few weeks it would be down to barely nothing sadly. Still fun to think what kinds of ride and attractions an MLP theme park could have. 

• Brohoof 5

I don't really think that MLP FIM is big enough to warrant its own theme park.

Maybe the MLP franchise could get its own section in a Hasbro themed park, but that's about it.

Yes, as one sub-theme under a larger overall name like Hasbro, maybe it could work. Otherwise, the MLP characters could be used as a theme element in another park that doesn't have a specific theme of its own. Knott's Berry Farm and Magic Mountain use characters (Looney Tunes, Peanuts) on loan from other companies, maybe someone should do the same with MLP.   :o

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 3

For those Who Don't know me. I'm a Roller Coaster Enthusiast. But I've always wanted to discuss a topic like this. Can it be possible in any way A My Little Pony Theme Park could be built? Well Not exactly.

But I wanna here some Ideas to Make a My Little Pony Theme park. After all, The show and fanbase is viewed by all ages. But Come up with some cool ideas!

• Brohoof 1

I would love to see a My Little Pony Theme Park.

I agree what DreamBisquit Said. Something Knotts Berry Farm Like.

My examples of a theme park would be divided into 5 seprate Themed areas.

Ponyville, Canterlot, Cloudsdale, and Crystal Empire. As Well As A CMC themed area (clubhouse) for kids.

Cloudsdale would be more of a Thrill seekers type area Which would include A launched Roller Coaster themed to Rainbow Dash or the Wonderbolts. Maybe include some flat rides as well

Ponyville could be similar To Knotts Ghost town with various building/props with animatronics,as well as food and shopping.

Canterlot would be more live show areas and maybe some family flat rides and a Mine Train Roller Coaster/dark ride Similar to Big thunder mountain Railroad but themed to the Two Sisters.

Crystal Empire will be another thrill and family district combined with Games, a water ride themed to The Crystal Empire itself and maybe even  

a drop tower down the Crystal Castle.

And for the CMC area. Just Kids stuff, games, small rides, kiddie coaster

• Brohoof 4

I guess you could have a couple MLP related attractions at a theme park, but there's really not enough to base a theme park off. Surely if you make too many related rides, it would just end up with rides named after random characters, and have no actual relation to them except for the landscape. I don't know, maybe it'd work. I'd be sure to check it out, but I don't think it'd do too well.

• Brohoof 1

I think a theme park just for mlp is a bit impractical. But I think it I possible that ther would be like maybe one ride based on mlp in a Hasbro theme park or something like that :3. Sadly, given the fact that Mlp is and always will be a kids show. It will probably only be a kid's ride as well. That seems a bit more probable.

P.S. If it was a kids ride... I'd still ride it x3

• Brohoof 2

as cmarston said, it could work in a section, inside an Hasbro theme park. With other franchises like Transformers, littlest pet shop, etc.

But it will only be really good, if they sell MLP Ice cream bars there. :P

• Brohoof 1

Well, I did once contemplate what attractions would suit which characters if such a park were to be made. Of course Rainbow Dash's roller coaster would have to be a thing, and not some pansy coaster either but something worthy of Dashie herself with lots of speed and dips and loops and all the fun stuff I've created countless times in sims. FYI, I always go with the most I could get away with while obeying the laws of physics, and I've always wanted to ride a ride like that in real life.

Obviously, Fluttershy's petting zoo should be a thing, along with Pinkie Pie's sweet shoppe. Maybe Rarity could have the souvenir shop and AJ could have something cute like a wood roller coaster. What? I love those. They may not be the fastest, but they're super quaint and there aren't very many around anymore. This one would actually be brand new but based on the older design of a wood coaster. That would be so AJ. I guess Twilight could have the ferris wheel, as that's all about friendship. Maybe Starlight could have the swing ride.

Spike could have the toddler's ride, or maybe that could go to the CMCs while Spike could get something like one of those experience type rides we see at Disneyland that tells a story with Spike as the narrator. The tilt-a-whirl could go to Princess Cadance as those are often pink and girly and the Princess of Love would suit something like that. Oh, Celestia could have the boat type ride that swings back and forth, though in her case it could be themed after a chariot. Luna could have her own experience type ride involving some plot relating to dreams. Oh, that leaves the type of ride that lifts you up and spins you around really fast to the tune of some kind of music. Obviously DJ Pon3 could be suitable for that. Discord could have some kind of simulated roller coaster like at Universal Studios. Yeah, I could see that. The auditorium could go to Octavia. Maybe we could give Queen Chrysallis or some other villain the G-force type ride.

It's a work in progress, but it's starting to come together.:P

• Brohoof 1

i would love an mlp world, but i would insist on animatronics or "3d, hd, cgi, hollogram" shtuff...

using live actors would be a chalange and would be too demanding of the preformer, and if you figure only the mane 6, thats 12 people... and 6 of them would have to know the voice, unless they do the "disney" and go mute!

would we want pre recorded greetings, or halfassed voices to the characters?

would we want the ponies to be portraid by actors in costumes?

I would love this so much.  I wish it could happen.

My examples of a theme park would be divided into 5 seprate Themed areas.

Ponyville, Canterlot, Cloudsdale, and Crystal Empire. As Well As A CMC themed area (clubhouse) for kids.

Cloudsdale would be more of a Thrill seekers type area Which would include A launched Roller Coaster themed to Rainbow Dash or the Wonderbolts. Maybe include some flat rides as well

Ponyville could be similar To Knotts Ghost town with various building/props with animatronics,as well as food and shopping.

Canterlot would be more live show areas and maybe some family flat rides and a Mine Train Roller Coaster/dark ride Similar to Big thunder mountain Railroad but themed to the Two Sisters.

Crystal Empire will be another thrill and family district combined with Games, a water ride themed to The Crystal Empire itself and maybe even  

a drop tower down the Crystal Castle.

And for the CMC area. Just Kids stuff, games, small rides, kiddie coaster

I love all of this.  That sounds so amazing.  Being a lover of extreme coasters, I'm more excited by the prospect of the thrill seeker areas.  I want a Kingda Ka clone called The Sonic Rainboom.

• Brohoof 1

I would love this so much.  I wish it could happen.

I love all of this.  That sounds so amazing.  Being a lover of extreme coasters, I'm more excited by the prospect of the thrill seeker areas.  I want a Kingda Ka clone called The Sonic Rainboom.

Heck yeah. That would sound amazing

• Brohoof 1

i mean.. it would be amazing. but it would be for kids, and well.. i would love to go to one, but i would feel super not welcome and super embarrassed

A replica of the cloudsdale factory with synthesized rain, wind, etc.

Fluttershy-themed petting zoo

Real life Sugar Cube corner

Discord stage show with audience involvement

Costumed actors all over the park, both mascot ponies an Equestria Girls humans

• Brohoof 1

For those Who Don't know me. I'm a Roller Coaster Enthusiast. But I've always wanted to discuss a topic like this. Can it be possible in any way A My Little Pony Theme Park could be built? Well Not exactly.

But I wanna here some Ideas to Make a My Little Pony Theme park. After all, The show and fanbase is viewed by all ages. But Come up with some cool ideas!

Hi, as there was already a thread on this topic I decided to merge yours with it. Also, now that the two topics are merged you can see my lengthy post on the subject.;)

I don't think a MLP theme park would do well on it's own, but I think it could work with something else. Maybe a Hasbro theme park or cartoon theme park or something along those lines. I have a few ideas in mind for rides and attractions. ^^

Sonic Rainboom ride would be something like a Stealth from Thorpe Park. (Maybe not so intense so little ones could ride it.) 

DUDE.

A MLP theme park would be amazing. I'd be all over that, regardless of how out of place I might look to the usual target audience.

Like others are saying, however, I don't think it would be successful in the long run...but boy, it would be awesome.

• Brohoof 1

A replica of the cloudsdale factory with synthesized rain, wind, etc.

Fluttershy-themed petting zoo

Real life Sugar Cube corner

Discord stage show with audience involvement

Costumed actors all over the park, both mascot ponies an Equestria Girls humans

I suppose make the Carousel boutique as the gift shop? Or A gift shop. Ya know with Pony earbands(pun), pony tail belts, eleastic ali/unicorn headbands, pegasus wing backpacks. Ya know the more I talk about this, the more I want it to happen.

• Brohoof 1