Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming No man's sky

Yeah ok

So no man's sky just released like a week ago and it's been getting alot of hate.

So I was wondering what do you think about the game? Have to played it? What do you think of it?

I got it earlier today and I enjoy it but I can see why people don't

• Brohoof 1

I think it's a rather large let down. Tons of promised features never making it into the final game, really hurts. :c

I thoroughly enjoy it; I like the exploration and all. However, one problem I have is that, if your shields drop in combat, especially in space, it doesn't take long for you to die, though this might be partly my fault, as I don't have any shield upgrades at the moment.

I can see why people don't enjoy the game, as well, since it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but... the amount of hate the game is getting currently is absurd. 

Also, another thing that annoys me is when people try and shame others for enjoying the game; it was the same thing with Dark Souls II. Just let people enjoy the game.

I don't think it lived up to it's hype but I do think it's worth AAA price

I disagree. They failed to deliver what was promised, not even half of what was promised.

I understand that they didn't deliver on nearly all their promises and alot of people are having problems with the PC port and it crashes alot but it's all things they could fix

In all honestly part of the reason people disliked it was because of how diffrent it was compared to how it was hyped by all these diffrent people, the team that worked on it only advertised what was going to be in the game. That being said of course i think the game is slitly over priced, for me it's £40 i think it is worth somewhere between £20 and £30.

In all honestly part of the reason people disliked it was because of how diffrent it was compared to how it was hyped by all these diffrent people, the team that worked on it only advertised what was going to be in the game. That being said of course i think the game is slitly over priced, for me it's £40 i think it is worth somewhere between £20 and £30.

In a couple of months I'm sure it will drop down in price

The game was overhyped because people thought "oooo pretty colors, space, fighting, creatures," it is enjoyable but it can get boring and there is a lack of adventure to the game. You are supposed to explore everything...right...wrong certain items you can't scan some enviroments repeat thenselves. The only space pirates are in ships so sentinels are the only problem. But otherwise enjoyable

The game was overhyped because people thought "oooo pretty colors, space, fighting, creatures," it is enjoyable but it can get boring and there is a lack of adventure to the game. You are supposed to explore everything...right...wrong certain items you can't scan some enviroments repeat thenselves. The only space pirates are in ships so sentinels are the only problem. But otherwise enjoyable

That's strange; the only combat problems I've had are with space pirates, while sentinels don't prove to be too much of a problem. I mean, I'm taking this from personal experience, so I'm sure it's different for everyone.

Well you have to break into certain buildings to get info but doing that alarms the sentinels and you have dog ones the flying ones and certain things will get you the walker ones which are a pain in the butt.

Oh yeah. The highest sentinel level I've had was three, but I immediately left the planet, so I've really only had to deal with the small floating ones.

I understand that they didn't deliver on nearly all their promises and alot of people are having problems with the PC port and it crashes alot but it's all things they could fix

In a couple of months I'm sure it will drop down in price

I don't think that is excusable. If you are charging $60/60€ for a game on launch and get people's money, then you should deliver a product that works on day 1 and delivers at minimum 90% of what you promised. When you don't even deliver half, or a game that works on most people's PCs along with charging $60/60€ then dropping the price in a couple of months doesn't solve the problem. It just tells the early adopters that they got screwed. They should get a game that works on day 1 and delivers at minimum what they were told they would get.

To top that off now there is talks that the "free DLC" they promised might become paid DLC.

I think this to me proves one thing: Hello Games basically took their one chance at becoming a big AAA developer and blew it. I doubt Sony or anyone will be interested in publishing another game for them now. This game was such a huge let down there is virtually no excuse for this. Lowering the price later to what they should have charged for this unfinished game is unacceptable. Especially considering the game was delayed so many times and even delayed for an additional month before release. There's no excuse for the game to be missing core features.

I knew Key Sharkz was going to be here. No Man's Sky is incredibly disappointing. It lacks key advertised features, runs terribly on almost all PC's, and just doesn't live up to what it should have been. I'd agree with Key, they were trying to be an AAA developer without enough prior experience. Their hype train derailed and is now a smoking wreck. Similar things can be said about the game. OP shouldn't have bought it, and if you still can, return that broken game.

If you think about what was the last hyped up game that had a smooth launch?

Nearly every game, actually. Only the worst and a few big budget titles ever come out with huge issues. For every AAA game that's released buggy there's ten more that had no issues whatsoever.

As for No Man's Sky, I could care less about what was promised. When I play the game I'll judge it for what it is, not what someone else tells me it should be.

I think the biggest problem with No Mans Sky aside from the lying and not living up to the hype is that the creators didn't really seem to know what to do next. Their biggest selling point for the game was the procedurally generated universe with everything being randomly generated from planets to aliens and they spent YEARS working on that... but they didn't really have a follow up. The game is insanely repetitive and they seem to have thought less about the gameplay and put all their effort into a feature that isn't going to make the game great.

What I'm trying to say is they've wasted so much time working on a single feature instead of the whole game itself... their whole game revolves around this procedurally generated universe. You search a planet, mine resources, fly to another planet and repeat.

I guess it depends on your definition of smooth. Most games come out of the gate as perfectly functional games. Unless we're talking purely of fan reaction which..well...that's a stupid thing to even worry about. :P

At the game's current state, it's not very fun. On PC, it's buggy and it doesn't run smoothly. I've played it for a few hours, and it's not the worse game ever, it's playable and sometimes enjoyable. But 9 times out 10 I get a crappy, freezing or toxic planet where I'm hiding form the cold or hostiles most the time. I understand it's an exploring game, but exploring planets that have bugger all on them isn't fun. When I get the occasional lush planet, that's got bright and vivid colours, then it's enjoyable to wonder around it! 

For what the game is now, I think $60 is a ridiculous price for it. When more updates come in and more features are added then it might be worth it. 

Edited by SpectraDust

If you think about what was the last hyped up game that had a smooth launch?

There's a difference between a smooth launch, a launch with the usual amount of bumps and a total disaster. This teeters on total disaster.

I got it, and installed it and made sure it had the latest patches. I had to do stuff to even get it to start at all. Then, it does this really, really slow flying through space thing, and fifteen minutes later, insta-crash again. Looked up everything to fix it, found out the card didn't support OpenGL 4.5 shading, but that was the only thing wrong with a new graphics card that runs Fallout 4 just fine.

I just got a refund before it was too late. Maybe in half a year or more once I know everything's working like it should I'll get it again.