Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you pursue a relationship with a copy of yourself?

Grepper

Maybe not a ROMANTIC relationship... but I could just imagine the stand-up routines I could pull off if there were TWO of me!

Yeah, of course I would.  An opposite sex clone of me is basically my dream mate.  That sounds narcissistic, but it's just because I'll probably never be compatible with anyone else.  I'd even be willing to try a relationship with an exact clone of myself, as in same sex, even though I'm hetero.  Maybe I wouldn't like it, but I'd give it a shot, because I think it would feel completely different than being with somebody else..  I think that either way, I'd probably quickly realize that it isn't what I want.  Part of the magic of love is bringing out the best in each other, I think, and I reckon that would be lost.  I'd probably bring out the worst in me.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. Honestly, one of the things I love most about my girlfriend is how different she is from me. In a lot of ways she's like my polar opposite, yet we still agree on many things. Those differences are what make the relationship fun. If I would be dating myself, I'd never get any of that.

im trying to be not me because i don't like current me... and a relationship with someone i don't like? no id rather not :/

Edited by Ju88snow

• 3 weeks later...

I've actually thought about this. The answer is yes. I would. But I feel it wouldn't be the best relationship I could be in. If I were to project myself outward I would be able to see more clearly the qualities about myself that I dislike. And because those specific "defects" are such an importance to me, they would probably prevent me from enjoying the relationship. But I don't know for sure. Maybe I'd be happier with myself than I've ever been. After all, I do forgive myself for my choices. I've always done my best. I'll never truly know without experiencing it. But I would give it a shot. But not at the expense of my current relationship. I won't have to make that choice anyway.

Edited by K1539

No I would not.

Half the interest for me into getting a relationship with someone is learning about who they are, what makes them tick and sharing our differences while building a common ground upon it. Sure I like the idea of having things we can both share and enjoy, and having similarities is great.... but sharing every past experience and interest.... and having nothing new you can learn about each other... blahh

If I want to just spend time with me all day I can just as easily remain single.

Well now...if on a physical level....heh, heh, heh. Yes beyond a shadow of a doubt! After all, who knows you better than yourself, eh?

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, say no more!!

As you said, from cloning onward they'd be their own person. Always found that funny in animated kid's shows when they cloned themselves to get more work done, if you wouldn't want to do it, your clone is going to be just as equally lazy! Given how fast my moods & opinions change, it might be a tad bit healthier with me then most others. If I'm down, my clone is libel to be on a different mood at the same time, so we'd balance each other out. Heck, it'd do my ego a bit of good to have another me around. I for one cannot out right hate others, but tend to be real down on myself.  Me hearing me talk to me would be different then hearing my own negative thoughts and as I'm more empathetic then confident....well....things could likely get pretty intense. A circle of self-feedback, perhaps.

Hmnh....Self-cest is wincest!

It ain't pervvy if it's still you!

Also, could pull off some real annoying comedy routines doing a Tweedledee & Tweedledum shtick. Can't slap both of us at the same time!

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, I know myself well enough to know why that would be a bad idea, also, as I said, I already know myself. What's the point of doing that if I don't get the joy of discovering who the other person is?

My stance on this seems to change depending on the, uh, mood I'm in... so lately I would say that I would. Though I'm attracted to females I would want it to be another male me though, cuz, uh, reasons... as in, I couldn't imagine myself rule 63'd. :wacko:

• 2 years later...