Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should the show include more diverse pony body types?

Iggy Loo Loo

Yo

I think it would be cool if the show included more diverse body types for the ponies, because right now, most are about the same.

Personally, I think more chubby body types would be really nice since I find them to be very cute and only so many ponies have them (e.g. Torch Song, Babs Seed, and Mrs. Cake).

What about you?!

I think they are starting to experiment with more body types as the seasons go on (like Saffron in Spice up your Life)

• Brohoof 1

Thorax in his "Crystal Hoof" disguise definitely show that stallions can be smaller/different size rather than the stock stallion. This is whether if Thorax/Crystal Hoof is an adult or not.

Thorax in his "Crystal Hoof" disguise definitely show that stallions can be smaller/different size rather than the stock stallion. This is whether if Thorax/Crystal Hoof is an adult or not.

Hes probally Twilights age or a bit younger ,srsly though in his Changeling form he's also skinny . i guess he didnt eat much

The reason they don't is to not give the animators too much work. Lauren Faust has brought it up a few times. I think it would be cool but doesn't matter to me.

The ponies all have bellies do, well except muscular ones like Bulk.

But you can always see a little plumpness

post-36552-0-16568100-1471869013_thumb.png

Edited by Misscellanio

I liked Thorax's build. Adds some variety. I'd rather we not go into the Canterlot Boutique side of things. Not because I have anything against obese people, but the reaction is... yeah. Also keeping it 100% honest, I don't find that look appealing. Babs is cute, the green pony, not so much. 

I'm too cynical to think that would be a good idea.  At the moment, they have two basic puppets, with cosmetic differences to denote each character.  In addition, they have a few different ones for particular characters like the princesses, Fleur-de-Lis and so on.

I can't help thinking that if they introduced more diverse shapes then they'd be attracting a crapstorm of people complaining about fat-shaming, or why are the mane 6 all slim, why is this pony slim and that pony fat, and complaints of them pandering to one group or the other.

There will always be some people that can't be pleased no matter what is done to try and appease them, and I think it's generally best not to encourage those people by letting them think that they can always get what they want by throwing a tantrum.

Of course the above wouldn't apply if it had been done from the start, but then Hasbro had no idea that people who care about such things would end up being interested in the cartoon, or how fine a political tightrope they would end up walking.

As i said, I am probably just being cynical, but I think the cartoon is fine just as it is and there's no need to go changing it this late in the game.  Maybe it's something they could keep in mind for G5.