Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Be A Protagonist Or An Antagonist In An Anime?

Venomous

I would be an Anti-Hero Protagonist who criticizes the main group, but hangs around for information for my own version of the plan I think would be good.

Or if I were an antagonist I would explain to them their main logical fallacy in a way they wouldn't comprehend, because they cannot accept their quest had mistakes in it, they were 'doing the right thing'. And then I would prove they cannot by setting up a scenario which can only be defeated by someone who admits their mistakes.

Or I would be a character who obsesses over power, similar to Orochimaru. I would want to self-preserve myself into immortality and learn everything there is to know about power, and the power is the search for freedom. That's the motivator, freedom. To be free you need power, the power to stay free, and the power to be free in new ways. Which could be a villain or hero depending on context.

• 3 years later...

Protagonist, but like, the kinda protagonist who's not exactly a hero but the peeps she's fighting against are a whole lot worse. I'm more of a chaotic darkness as opposed to a ruling the world one for instance~

In your own anime I think you would always be the protagonist. Yet I mean in animes I watch I would relate with both but I think more as the protagonist. Though in a sense in many animes the protagonist worldview is very simple and as such can be difficult to relate to though I'd say the protagonist. 

• Brohoof 1

I would probably be the minor character that’s in the background of like every shot and the main characters never notice until like 130 episodes in. They’re in the middle of a discussion on how to defeat what evil is plaguing the world, then they turn around and there I am at a food cart, and they’re just like “Who the hell is that guy?”

• Brohoof 1

I feel like I'd be the type of person who starts out as a protagonist, but slowly turns into the antagonist later on. I know I wouldn't be self-aware and would be thinking I'm doing the right thing, even as the antagonist.

• Brohoof 1

I'd be the trap character that falls in love with generic anime protagonist before being sidelined in favor of generic big tiddy female love interest. 

Probably neither. I love to mess around and play class clown and all that but being stuck in the limelight as a good guy would stress me out. If the ends met the means though I could be an antagonist that does what they feel is right though maybe. If I was passionate enough. Think Shimoneta's SOX terrorists kinda deal I guess where they are technically the antagonists of the world.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2016 at 1:40 AM, Buck Testa said:

Aren't we all Protagonists from our own point of views? 

I agree with that statement there, I would be an antagonist but in my head I would be thinking that what I'm doing is right and justified (when in reality it isn't) 

I'm not sure if I would be a very good antagonist, but being bad is always so much more fun :sneer:

Depending on the anime, I'd be one of:

- the team leader and protagonist

- the team member that keeps everyone organized and everything from falling apart while the protagonist charges ahead and gets in trouble (by far the most likely in a typical shonen anime)

- that secondary character who can't help directly until the real protagonists accomplish something first

• 2 years later...