Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you drink alcohol?

Member Berry

I've noticed that a lot of people here don't drink. Do you drink? I may have some wine every couple of weeks or something. I also genuinely like the taste of Hooch:

lemon.png

I just like being slightly drunk. I don't like being so drunk that I can barely walk and can't remember what I did the night before (I don't get how people like that)

nope :P and i plan never too, because its bad for ones health, i would be the designated driver and i am stingy as f*** so i dont want to spend money

• Brohoof 7

Yes, now and then. Considering there is evidence that shows a small amount of drinking isn't harmful to you, I don't feel bad about it either. So long as you're not excessive, drinking is fine.

I like fruity drinks myself.

I'm staying away from it. Its a lot of money because our government taxes the crap out of it. It's not so much for health reasons, I just don't like the idea of drinking.

• Brohoof 2

If there's wine, good wine, very good wine, extreamly good wine. I don't want no cheap run of the mill wine.  Consumption of said wine happens like once, maybe twice a year. As for beer, I tend to lean towards gingerale and the sweeter non alchoholic stuff.

No, but my parents did. As a "Whiskeypalian", though, I'm no stranger to people around me imbibing. A parish I used to attend served sherry at coffee hour. Actually, does a sip of communion wine when I go to church (which isn't always...) count?

Yes, but only every once in a while. It's on more of an occasion basis, like when the family and I go out to eat celebrating birthdays and whatnot. It's always mixed drinks for me, just about anything else is too strong for me to handle (rum, especially rum, just the taste of it in a mixed drink is enough to bowl me over!). Not a huge fan of most wines, either. Sooo, I've never really gotten drunk or anything since I usually stick to just one drink... though, my first mixed drink I had on my 21st birthday had vodka in it; I didn't feel particularly tipsy, but I was certainly stumbling all over the place! :P

...That might be because my sense of balance is poor anyway and it got a little worse with the liquor, but nyeh.

Once in a while I may have a couple of beers or a nice glass of wine. I like Sam Adams and Modelo for beer, I mostly like sweet wines like German ice wine or something tangy/fruity like a Reisling but also love this Italian red dry wine (the name of which I can't remember) because of its spicy aftertaste.

Absolutely not. I have seen it cause way too many problems to way too many people.

My uncle dying from alcoholism has turned me off drinking a lot. I just know I have self-control when it comes to drinking. If I feel like I'm getting too drunk I will just stop drinking, it's easy for me to do.

• Brohoof 1

My uncle dying from alcoholism has turned me off drinking a lot. I just know I have self-control when it comes to drinking. If I feel like I'm getting too drunk I will just stop drinking, it's easy for me to do.

You say that now but its so easy to fall into problems with it

• Brohoof 1

Science lessons at school telling me about the negative impacts on alcohol put me off it. I said at thirteen that I'd never drink alcohol, and eleven years later, I've stuck to it.

It's amazing what willpower can do, eh?

• Brohoof 3