Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you drink alcohol?

Member Berry

I don't drink. I just can't. I'm an extreme lightweight. I once had a cocktail with a low alcohol concentration that was further diluted in water just for me while I was eating pizza. Despite its alcohol content, especially after the dilution, being really low, and it being soaked up by the pizza I was eating, I was still almost knocked out by that. I don't feel the need to drink anyway. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't drink alcohol very often. I'll drink beer at a party or maybe on a weekend after doing some yard work. Sometimes, I'll drink a shot of whiskey to clear out my throat after a cold or sinus infection.

Considering that I am still technically under the legal age in America to drink alcohol, not really. I mean, my father has alcohol put all around the house I'm in so I do have easy access to it if I really wanted any but I'm just not a big of the taste of most alcohol. I much rather drink something more satisfying like tea.

• Brohoof 2

Nope. For one, my parents are non-alcoholics (I currently live under their roof). I'm also terrified of getting drunk... stupid, I know. That, and I really just don't like the taste of it either.

Oh, hell yeah.  I don't drink very often, usually every other Friday night during movie night on this one stream I've been going on for a long time, but I get anywhere from moderately to very drunk when I do.  Conventions are a whole other story. If you only knew me from cons, you'd think I'm a total drunk.

I absolutely hate beer, and tend to stay away from mixed drinks since I end up drinking too much and passing out in a bathroom. I mostly stick to 100-proof vodka and apple whiskey, usually chased with a bit of soda.

Edited by zombienixon

At parties or when going out, I do my friends a favour by not drinking. You don't wanna deal with a drunk me, I often embarressed myself when drunk. I once just made a girl from my class really uncomfortable by just hugging her quite long when I was drunk. The worst thing was when they told me next week that she was glad when I left :( That really hurt, on top of that alcohol makes me really emotional and kinda sad, no joke, I sometimes cried when I was out lol. So I don't really tpuch that stuff anymore, especially when going out.

One time about forever ago I drink a bit of hard cider. Has the same taste as a non alcoholic beverage. I still enjoy it.

Edited by R.D.Dash

• 3 weeks later...

Nope. :mellow: I just don't like the taste – I'm not saying I've tried all alcoholic drinks (nowhere close to that), but I disliked the taste of the few I've had. And I don't see the appeal in getting drunk either – I prefer being in control of what I do. :P

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Very occasionally. My largest regular intake ever was ~one drink a year and a half ago for a few months, but haven't had it since. Considering the new campaign of medical authorities against alcohol in any quantities (now they're saying it is hurtful however small the dose), my current life situation, the fact that my grandpa was an alcoholic  I don't think any sort of regular drinking is a good idea.

However, one thing. I must say I don't fully understand people above who say alcoholic drinks taste awfully?

I suppose this is a matter of quality of any certain product. I once tried a can of a mass-produced widely available famous-brand hard cider. It tasted, well... not that good. Drinkable, but nothing better. Later I looked up a reputable website that reviews wines. They had a section for ciders. I bought the second-highest rated craft cider. Wasn't cheap, but it was delicious. Beer tastes worse for me, but the distinction still applies: cheap mass produced beer < good craft beer. Irish coffee was good, and many drinks from the bar were good as well.

BTW I think the same thing applies to confectioneries as well. Again, it may not be too healthy... But I do like good cakes, donuts, angel wings etc. **Good** ones. Sadly, many cakes, angel wings etc are horrible. But my Granny was able to make delicious angel wings. And a confectionery shop nearby makes quite good donuts. Better than the other two confectioneries in the neighbourhood. Sadly, they are more expensive than others.

And bread? Same thing. Many breads, especially the ones sold in supermarkets, are tasteless (though cheap). A good bread is not that cheap... but actually tastes like bread.

It doesnt mean that what is expensive is good. Many expensive foods are awful. But the good ones tend to be expensive... Unless you buy them from a befriended crafstman.

This is how I get it, anyway.

On my 21st I drank 2 boots (about 8 beers) a few craft beers and 17 shots of vodka. There was so much vomit, I Vomited all night and into the next morning. To this day 9 years later the smell of beer makes me nauseous. I do have a margarita from time to time, but like one every few months at most. 

Nope, I'm underage, though I am a little curious about trying it when I'm old enough. But I'm nervous about the effects of it and from a book I read, it doesn't taste all that good.

Edited by SkyPie