Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you drink alcohol?

Member Berry

Only vodka mixed with some ginger ale, or whatever fruit juice I'm feeling at the moment. Peppermint vodka with hot cocoa's good :catface: 

Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey and Crown Royal are the only non-clear liquors I really care for.

I only really drink liquor on the weekend, sometimes every two weekends. If we have beer, I'll occasionally have one after work.

I'm currently 22 years old. Between today and my 21st birthday, I can count how many times I've drank anything with alcohol on just one hand. Alcoholic beverages do not agree with my stomach at all, they give me very bad heartburn, so I very rarely drink.

• 2 weeks later...

Occasionally.  I mean I think I made history by serving my entire 6 years in the navy without getting drunk once.  I tend to prefer sweet wines, mead & other drinks that taste good to me, which oddly enough, includes straight Jack Daniels & Jägermeister.  Still, moderation is the word with me:  I bought a bottle of Jäger the day after the election in 2016 & didn't finish it until the middle of last year, which shows how infrequently I drink.

No, I've never had any real interest in it. Just the usual "I kind of want to know how it tastes like" but nothing else - after I got familiar with the taste I understood the appeal of alcohol even less. :maud: Even if I've tasted alcohol before, I've never been drunk and I'm not planning to be.

Yep - two or three times a week. Sometimes not at all.

I like the gamut of beer from cheap to, well, better. Some include, in order of $ to $$$: Miller High Life, Busweiser, Yeungling, Dos Equis, Shiner Boch, HB, Spaten. As you can see, German based.

I like cheap wine to good wine. I have a soft spot for Carlo Rossi Paesano, because that's my in-laws house wine for special occasions, but have been known to go to wineries for wine tastings and bottle buying.

Regarding liquor, I like Captain Morgan spiced rum (big surprise), Maker's Mark bourbon, Titos vodka and Chivas Regal Scotch.

My heaviest drinking time of the year is Thanksgiving to Christmas for wine and liquor and hot summer days for beer.

I used to like Jack and Coke as my go to back in my early 20s, but that's too sweet for my taste nowadays.

4 hours ago, Sunshower Raindrops said:

Beer, Wine, Cider, lemonade. Best with a group of friends with moderation. ;)

Amen to that.

I choose not to drink alcohol for two reasons... One being I do not agree with it morally. Second, I am on medications that interact with alcohol that can result in serious medical issues. It's just best for me to stay away from it.

Not as much as I used to.  There was a time when I would be going out and getting blasted every weekend, and sometimes during the week if I had a particularly stressful incident.  I tapered off drastcally as I moved out of that life, and now I mainly have a glass of wine with dinner once a week.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

I did, but I think I'am gonna stop soon, mainly because I discovered much better party drugs which make me more confident and alert, and not drowsy like alcohol does. I just noticed it's so much more fun being super alert at parties then being tired and dizzy lol. On top of that I tend to be an emotional mess and do emarressing things when I'am drunk.

So yeah, alcohol sucks in my opinion.

Edited by Br O N Y