Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you drink alcohol?

Member Berry

You say that now but its so easy to fall into problems with it

I've been drinking occasionally since I was about 16 (bad, I know) I think if I were to develop a problem with alcohol it would have happened by now. I'm 25 now. 

I try to drink from time to time but I just hate the stuff.  My parents drink a fair amount and offer it sometimes but I really have to force myself to drink.  I also don't like feeling light headed after the fact, it makes it harder to think and I'm already clumsy so I'm afraid I might do something silly.

I don't drink often due to lack of oppurtunity, but when I get the chance I getdown!

More of a beer guy. Modelo is my favorite, coronas are 2nd and heineken is third.

I really like Rum and Vodka too.

Wine is good too. 

Most Tequilas and Whiskeys usually taste really nasty to me. If I don't like it I don't drink it for the most part. Good thing I like alotta stuff. I am an opportunist drinker. If it's accessible I'm down.

Once in a blue moon, I've sipped some Pinot Grigio.

Kind of want to try Merlot next, if only to taste the difference between white and red wines.

Ah I see what you did there

"Once in a BLUE MOON" hint hint XD

There's nothing wrong with drinking responsibly. I personally choose, though, not to drink at all. :)

• Brohoof 4

Nope, I don't drink alcohol and I am happy that I never was drunk. I tasted some alcoholic drinks a few years ago (a beer and a liqueur) and both tasted awful. 

Edited by IronM17
  • Brohoof 3

I'm actually having a beer as I type this, so that's a yes from me XD

Though, I'm more of a social drinker, I rarely drink at home - the only reason I am atm is had some friends over recently and had a few left over afterwards, and on a hot muggy evening like this, a beer (well, lager in this case) is pretty refreshing.

No, i normally never drink alcohol.

But whenever a new Year starts, im drinking a little bit of sparkling wine. That wasnt my Idea, but i guess it has become a little Tradition for my Family. If i will move out some day, i would stop drinking sparkling wine as well.

Alcohol makes me feel weird and i also dont like the after taste.

• Brohoof 1

I've been drinking occasionally since I was about 16 (bad, I know) I think if I were to develop a problem with alcohol it would have happened by now. I'm 25 now. 

It can happen at any time in your life, dear.

• Brohoof 2

No, I don't. And never will. Like several other people in the thread I have lived through a lot of crap due to alcohol. And also, j'accuse! The studies (ok; I've only read European ones) seem conclusive in the fact that the more alcohol that is drunk in a society, the higher the number of people who overconsume alcohol. This means that even the moderate drinkers have a responsibility. You especially can be great rolemodels by saying no to alcohol, at least some of the times when people expect you to drink.

(Also, the personal perception: people get douchy, unpleasant and unsincere when they drink. I'd rather be somewhere else when that happens.)

• Brohoof 2

I like sweet white wine, Blue Moon beer, & sometimes I put a shot of bourbon in my cream & hot tea. Most of the time though, I drink plain ol' Coca Cola. When I do drink, it's always with food.

Edited by Darthy Hooves
  • Brohoof 1

Every now and then. Usually when me and my friend are playing Gmod in the night.

I love to drink, never been drunk though, probably takes a little more than 4 beers and 3 shots of RedBull-Vodka to get me drunk I guess ^^'

Most of the time I would drink a little glass of Martini Rosso or Muscat de Risevaltes (it's a "fortified" wine according to wikipedia, didn't know how to translate it), some red wine to finish dinner. A mojito is also great for an aperitif.

I'm french and I don't like cheese, so I've got to at least drink some wine ! What would french stereotypes become then ? :P

• Brohoof 1

Some would consider me an alcoholic. I drink frequently (every other day). But it helps me relax. It eases my mind, and helps me loosen up and avoid boredom and stress. So I drink often... I don't see it as a bad thing. I'm not overly impaired (because of how often I drink) so really other people wouldn't notice me being overly drunk or anything.  

• Brohoof 1

No way! I tried it a few months after turning 21 and found beer to be disgusting, and some fruity drink I tried to be "meh". I quickly came to the mindset that it just wasn't a taste worth acquiring. I'm not going to change now. I just dropped my bad Pop/Coke habit a month or two ago, I'm not getting anymore habits!

• Brohoof 4