Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you drink alcohol?

Member Berry

I have been buzzed a couple of times in my life, and I hated every single one of those times. Because of that, I now stay away from alcohol, although there are alcoholic drinks I like the taste of.

Up until one point i absolutely dispised alcohol. I was like "No, never, alcohol is bad." Which is true. Though...
Well.

Let's just say i love that stuff:

H      H
         |       |
H --- C --- C --- O --- H
         |       |
        H      H

Ethanol!  :D

And when i say that, i mean i love it in it's pure form. Of course, it needs to be mixed with water, otherwise i would die. But yeah, so basically what i am saying: I love Vodka  :adorkable:
I hate beer, wine, anything else, except sweet stuff like Baileys or Vodka mixed with something sweet but it needs to be done right. Otherwise i only like that 40% vodka that burns lovely in my throat  :proud:

Now, you may think "that guy must be a complete alcoholic" and you may be right. On special occasions (for instance when i'm having a great evening with my friends) i tend to drink some vodka. But when i drink, it depends on what i want. If i just want to enjoy the nice burning i might drink 2 shots. If i want to be a little dizzy i need to drink half a litre of vodka. YES. THAT'S RIGHT I AM THAT ALCOHOL TOLERANT.
3 shots of vodka and i don't even feel any different than before. My friend would be more "drunk" just by being tired. After half a litre i could still walk straight, think completelly straight and rational and just be a little dizzy. 
I think i will never be truly drunk and after 2 litres i would probably just drop dead. Better not try though.

I don't drink it often. I sometimes casually do it. But i try to keep it to a minimum.

Mostly i drink Cola <3
and mineral water.  :catface:

I can't stand the taste of alcohol. Even cider has too much alcohol in it for me. Welp, it at least saves me from ending up like my grand-dad I've never even met. Killed him before I could.

• Brohoof 1

I used to drink like a fish back in the day. I would go out and spend 100 bucks on fancy scotch, or whiskey. Whenever I went out with friends I had 40 ouncers. Now I just drink a forty once in a blue moon. My taste buds won't allow me to do hard liquor anymore. Is that normal, btw or is it that on condition where you develop an allergy to the chemical compound?

Maybe it's just you who got tired of it? Like, too much is too much? I mean, when I was much younger, I used to love cheese. Now, my nose and my tongue won't let cheese anywhere near me, so... Humans are weird, aren't they?

Not really, mostly because it still isn't legal for me here in the states. I did try wine over in Europe though where I was well over the drinking age. I can't really recommend it, as it just tastes like really bitter grapes. Not a fan of the stuff.

• Brohoof 2

I mostly drink at parties and social gatherings like in the park or something.

i only drink cider and cocktails. I love the berry ciders, but you cant beat the proper stuff from me home county of Somerset. Cider with honey <3 

The cider thing still confuses the heck out of me when talking to Americans, you have non alcoholic stuff but call it cider? isnt it just apple juice? so what on earth do you call the full alcyhol cider? is that cider too? 

also lol Tiny Pop over here refused to air the Apple Lies episode because of how much cider is mentioned because kids should be drinking that stuff XP 

• Brohoof 1

The cider thing still confuses the heck out of me when talking to Americans, you have non alcoholic stuff but call it cider? isnt it just apple juice? so what on earth do you call the full alcyhol cider? is that cider too? 

there is a pretty big difference between american apple cider and apple juice, and to equate them is a bit crass.

sure, american apple cider is basically unfiltered, unsweetened, unpasteurized apple juice, but the experience is totally different.

One, you buy in a store months after its been bottled and choked full of preservatives, and the other you literally get right off the press.  

Perhaps if you've never had fresh cider, I can see your confusion, but they are two totally different drinks.

there is a pretty big difference between american apple cider and apple juice, and to equate them is a bit crass.

sure, american apple cider is basically unfiltered, unsweetened, unpasteurized apple juice, but the experience is totally different.

One, you buy in a store months after its been bottled and choked full of preservatives, and the other you literally get right off the press.  

Perhaps if you've never had fresh cider, I can see your confusion, but they are two totally different drinks.

ive never had AMERICAN Cider mate, but i sure know what fresh British cider tastes like. 

In America, alcoholic cider is called "hard cider."

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I did once drink an entire bottle of apple juice that fermented (We made it when we made applesauce) And I got sick the next day at school. 

(Its amazing how in most countries, 21 is the legal age. Where I live, it’s 18.)

I drink quite a lot. I'm a pretty agreeable person when I drink and I rarely ever get into any trouble for it, and I don't go drinking in public unless I've got friends with me anyway. However, alcohol's always been a weekly staple for me. As I get older I lose a little more of my ability to handle lots and lots of the stuff, so I've been curbing it a little lately- keeping it to a non-work nights, but I do still occasionally go out for a drink at lunch or after work with coworkers. I seem to have gotten away with ignoring moderation, but there's really no good reason to get started on it. Don't ever begin drinking just because it's a thing other people do. It can be expensive and harmful and rarely a genuinely positive force in your life.

I still got 4 years until I'm legally old enough to drink alcohol. :lol: When the time comes, I wouldn't want to go overboard with it. Just a beer or two every once in a while. :P I'm gonna admit though, my parents have let me try little sips of beer or wine if they're drinking it.