Jump to content
Banner by ~ Rikifive

General Do you drink alcohol?


Recommended Posts

I actually do not drink. I've actually only consumed alcohol once in my life, and that was like a few years ago at a seminar with my boss and the IT guy. It was anything too much; just something that mixed a Coke with alcohol. As it stands the parents do not allow the consumption of alcohol on the property, so I respect that law. No hurry to drink anyway as it's not like I have friends to hang out with around here anyway. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites


Register now to remove this ad.
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nope and i plan never too, because its bad for ones health, i would be the designated driver and i am stingy as f*** so i dont want to spend money

Absolutely not. I have seen it cause way too many problems to way too many people.

I hate the taste of beer >.> and the smell. I used to work in a pub and would always smell of beer after work >.> ewww.

Posted Images

Nope not at the moment.I'm not even allowed to,I'm only 15 years old and still in high school.I don't know if I plan to be sober the rest of my life,I may have had tasted a tiny bit of beer in my life a couple times though. :P

  • teacup 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No.

After being spooked at 13 by the effects alcohol can have on the body in Biology class, I swore to never drink a drop of alcohol. Fifteen years later, still haven't, and people are still shocked by it.

EDIT: Didn't know I already posted in this topic... oh well... good to put this fact out there again!

Edited by Vocal Analyst
  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I have to be honest, I like beer.

Many of my friends don't really like it, they prefer stronger stuff. I don't really like the things they drink...well, the most part of it, but I have to admit I'd be curious to try out Jack Daniel's with honey...It might be tasteful! :P

It's not a thing I do often, though. Now I just have a beer when I feel like I want to, but I don't wanna become a junkie like some people in this town, so I keep myself under strict control

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope. For no other reason than I don't think it tastes good

I'll never understand the obsession with it personally but there are a lot of things I don't understand about society :please:

  • Brohoof 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t give a $&!? about that. I’m Muslim why on earth would I wanna be anywhere near alcohol. — ZethaPonderer 2018

 

“I don’t give a $&!? about that. I’m black why the F?@! would I wanna be anywhere near water.” — Brought to you by KSI and ComedyShortsGamer (Youtubers) 2014 on a video Would You Rather With My Bro.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Just being funny here while being true. Bolding out the first thing.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

3 minutes ago, ZethaPonderer said:

I don’t give a $&!? about that. I’m Muslim why on earth would I wanna be anywhere near alcohol. — ZethaPonderer 2018

“I don’t give a $&!? about that. I’m black why the F?@! would I wanna be anywhere near water.” — Brought to you by KSI and ComedyShortsGamer (Youtubers) 2014 on a video Would You Rather With My Bro.

What does eing black matter for coming near water? :D

  • teacup 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Hierok, Scoffer of Music said:

What does eing black matter for coming near water? :D

In the Youtube video, the question was ‘Would you rather fly or breathe underwater?’

 

KSI answered fly cause its way cooler, but easily dismissed breathing underwater cause he’s black.

 

Idk what does being black have to do with hating water like some cats, but ok then. :muffins:

 

Might as well make the same joke with truth behind it on this post cause I feel like it. No hard feelings to anyone reading this.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, ZethaPonderer said:

In the Youtube video, the question was ‘Would you rather fly or breathe underwater?’ KSI answered fly cause its way cooler, but easily dismissed breathing underwater cause he’s black. Idk what does being black have to do with hating water like some cats, but ok then. :muffins: Might as well make the same joke with truth behind it on this post cause I feel like it. No hard feelings to anyone reading this.

Oh alright. Well, I would rather fly also. Being free as a bird, instead of being trapped under water. :icwudt:

  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people really have a lot of bad thoughts about alcohol. Just like anything, it needs to be done responsibility.

I certainly drink because I do love the different tastes of alcohol. I've done wine tastings. I love different blends of whiskeys, cognacs, bourbons...and just because I love and appreciate alcohol by no means makes me an alcoholic.

Some people enjoy fine drink, some people don't. Everything we do can become unhealthy in excess. You just have to know how to do the things you love responsibly.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

People always seemed astounded that I'm both straight edge and live in Wisconsin, the state that loves beer so much they named their baseball team after it. 

But I have too much personal responsibility, pride in being a healthy human being with honor and dignity, happiness in being free of vices, and doing my family proud by not making it a part of our lives. 

Besides, drinking seems to cause more problems than solve them, and the majority of people who quit drinking, among them my heroes like Dave Mustane, James Hetfield and Randy Blythe, seem all the happier for it. 

Like Minor Threat themselves said: "I don't need a crutch." 

 

 

 

Edited by Denim&Venom
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

People always seemed astounded that I'm both straight edge and live in Wisconsin, the state that loves beer so much they named their baseball team after it. 

But I have too much personal responsibility, pride in being a healthy human being with honor and dignity, happiness in being free of vices, and doing my family proud by not making it a part of our lives. 

Besides, drinking seems to cause more problems than solve them, and the majority of people who quit drinking, among them my heroes like Dave Mustane, James Hetfield and Randy Blythe, seem all the happier for it. 

Like Minor Threat themselves said: "I don't need a crutch." 

 

 

 

I resent this a little because it's not a 'vice' for me. It's a hobby I enjoy. I hate the term 'straight edge' like it's such a sin to drink or whatever. Taking pride in being healthy I guess is okay, but I also take pride in my wine and whiskey knowledge. I can even tell you that a glass or two of wine a day is actually good for you. And that's not personal opinion, that's a scientific fact that doctors will defend
Also, saying that drinking tends to cause more problems than solve---well, I know of people who are addicted to being so 'healthy' that it actually becomes bad for them. People over-workout, or under-eat, or even take dieting and exercise to a point of unhealthy proportions to where it is just as bad of an addiction and harmful to their body as alcohol. The key word here is control. Responsibility is the thing. It's even noted that some people are more apt for addiction. Some aren't. As bull as it sounds, I used to smoke for three years then one day just went, "you know? I'm done, I'm bored with it." and I stopped.
I picked it up again when the mood suited me a few years later, then after about two months, I got bored with it and quit again. I haven't touched a cigarette in over a year. And I have no urge to. *shrugs* My husband doesn't particularly care for it, so it's mostly because of him I chose to quit for good. But I don't shake and freak out----I am not craving nicotine. 

But for others, it's not that easy. It's the same with alcohol. Some people can do it responsibly, others get hooked. Look, I'm not knockin' your lifestyle choice. People can choose not to drink for many reasons... I just don't appreciate it being called a "problem" and that it's a "crutch" or a "vice". It is a hobby, that I can find enjoyment in, understanding and defining it's taste, loving it's history and how it's made, and the craftsmanship that goes into different liquors.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I don't drink alcohol but I won't deny that I have tasted it once in my life. It was a bet my siblings made where I would get a slurpee--I know I'm old--if I were to take a sip of alcohol--it was a can of beer--and while I did take a sip, I immediately spat it back out without swallowing it. Not only did it taste terrible in my mouth, the smell of it wasn't to my liking either. Suffice to say, I got my reward though not at such an expense as that.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

No...I don't think I ever will. I just think that it's such an adult thing to do. And it's not that I don't see myself as an adult, I just don't see myself as that kind of adult. I want to keep as much of my kid-self intact as possible when I grow up, such as not drinking or smoking or any of those habits. It's just that it's something said over and over that we shouldn't do, and I just don't see why I shouldn't do it now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 01/03/2018 at 6:26 AM, Ganondorf8 said:

I don't drink alcohol but I won't deny that I have tasted it once in my life. It was a bet my siblings made where I would get a slurpee--I know I'm old--if I were to take a sip of alcohol--it was a can of beer--and while I did take a sip, I immediately spat it back out without swallowing it. Not only did it taste terrible in my mouth, the smell of it wasn't to my liking either. Suffice to say, I got my reward though not at such an expense as that.

Never really understood why people touch beer - seriously, it tastes terrible to me.

But cider, apple sourz, coffee liqueur - those all taste great (but I only really drink socially, given if I want a drink that tastes great, normally there is something non-alcoholic that is just as good)

  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't drink alcohol. It tastes bad and I don't like the effect it has on me. I don't like to cloud my mind, feel sick or be out of control. There's not enough benefit to justify it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alcohol gets you right where you need to be! There's a reason it is and has been so prevalent in human culture- I can often be found on the weekends (and maybe too many weekdays) cracking into a couple brewskis while I game/hang out with friends, pouring up a glass of wine at dinner, or at the bar drinking something hard on the rocks. Not necessary for having fun, but drinking just a bit irresponsibly is a good way to have a good time that you'll probably remember. :)

That being said, marijuana is the superior, more fun, less harmful substance

Edited by Twiliscael
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...