Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler S6 Ep 22: PPOV

EquestriaGuy

facepalm-homer-simpson.jpg

Of course it's yet another "Rarity and Applejack have a bad time together" episode

Pinkie might at least shake things up, but I have a feeling she's gonna be regulated to joke status this episode

• Brohoof 6

>Not a single purely solo Rarity episode this season.

And people were complaining about her getting too many episodes. Dash has had THREE pure solo episodes already. 

Considering two of those episodes were dedicated solely to stomping Dash's character into the ground, one being a retread of one of the show's most infamous episodes, and the other being an absolute "fuck you" of a milestone episode, Rarity still got the better end of the deal

• Brohoof 6

It looks like Applejack and Pinkie Pie are each now getting a (partially) fourth episode this season for this.

Yeah but no solo episodes for ether it sames.

Kinda insane that only Dash and Fluttershy get solo eps among the Mane 6 this season. Feels unfair. 

And what is with this season and pairing up Pinkie and Rarity? I mean don't get me wrong I like it but 3 out of 4 episodes where Pinkie co-stars also Co-star Rarity. I mean I get that they had to make up for lost oppertunties with that dynamic but it might be a bit much.

• Brohoof 1

At this point in the Season, I don't care who stars in the episode, as long as it is executed well, I'll be happy.

Ultimately that's always my feelings, I just want episodes to be good. But still as a fan of certain characters I can't help but be disappointed when they don't get solo spotlight. Especially when I had to deal with people screaming about that character getting too much focus for the last few months.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah but no solo episodes for ether it sames.

Kinda insane that only Dash and Fluttershy get solo eps among the Mane 6 this season. Feels unfair. 

And what is with this season and pairing up Pinkie and Rarity? I mean don't get me wrong I like it but 3 out of 4 episodes where Pinkie co-stars also Co-star Rarity. I mean I get that they had to make up for lost oppertunties with that dynamic but it might be a bit much.

I can tell you this -- there were NO Pinkie/Rarity episodes in any of the first five seasons. Nor were there any Pinkie/Applejack episodes until Season 4. On the other hand that I must agree on, I don't want any Applejack/Rarity episodes whatsoever for Season 7. All I want for that season is a Pinkie/Crusaders episode, since Pinkie/Fluttershy's episode, Buckball Season, will mark the fact that every pairing of two ponies in the Mane Six (outside of Twilight) has been used at least once.

• Brohoof 1

I can tell you this -- there were NO Pinkie/Rarity episodes in any of the first five seasons. Nor were there any Pinkie/Applejack episodes until Season 4. On the other hand that I must agree on, I don't want any Applejack/Rarity episodes whatsoever for Season 7. All I want for that season is a Pinkie/Crusaders episode, since Pinkie/Fluttershy's episode, Buckball Season, will mark the fact that every pairing of two ponies in the Mane Six (outside of Twilight) has been used at least once.

I know that, Im just saying, it's kinda crazy how that's totally flipped around in one season now. To the point where Pinkie is like borderline attached to Rarity now. 

I want a Rarity/Twilight, cause I don't think that one has ever been done totally dedicated before. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 1

I know that, Im just saying, it's kinda crazy how that's totally flipped around in one season now. To the point where Pinkie is like borderline attached to Rarity now. 

I want a Rarity/Twilight, cause I don't think that one has ever been done totally dedicated before. 

Yeah, I don't think they've ever had an episode together, kinda weird since they're they Unicorns(sorta with Twilight) of the group.

Even if they've covered all the possible pairings there's still plenty they could return to, either because they were dropped after the first season(FS/Rarity, AJ/RD) and/or still feel woefully underused(FS/AJ, RD/Rarity, Pinkie/FS)

But if we could actually go through a season without so much damn Rarijack I can be a lot happier 

Just great another Rarijack episode. They have the worst and most boring character dynamic out of all the mane six. At least Twilight will get some much needed screentime this season. But I am not overly thrilled with how Rarity keeps stealing screentime from every member of the mane six besides Rainbow Dash. If there is a season 7 than I would hope she would get season 3 treatment. Also I really hoped this would have been a Celestia episode, but now I guess there is no hope for her to ever get any character development.

Just great another Rarijack episode. They have the worst and most boring character dynamic out of all the mane six. At least Twilight will get some much needed screentime this season. But I am not overly thrilled with how Rarity keeps stealing screentime from every member of the mane six besides Rainbow Dash. If there is a season 7 than I would hope she would get season 3 treatment. Also I really hoped this would have been a Celestia episode, but now I guess there is no hope for her to ever get any character development.

It's not really a Rarijack episode. I think it's just a Twilight episode featuring Pinkie, Rarity, and AJ.

It's not really a Rarijack episode. I think it's just a Twilight episode featuring Pinkie, Rarity, and AJ.

As long as it is mostly focused on Twilight and not Rarity and AJ's antics, than I am pretty sure there will be enough material to at least fill a 22 minute story.

Huh. Not to rain on the parade, but this seems like it'll be a retread of Mystery on the friendship express.

Considering two of those episodes were dedicated solely to stomping Dash's character into the ground, one being a retread of one of the show's most infamous episodes, and the other being an absolute "fuck you" of a milestone episode, Rarity still got the better end of the deal

Agreed so freaking much.

I don't see what the big deal is on whether the pony is starring solo or co-starring. Either can be fine. And some people will even describe episodes differently, like a lot of people tend to think of Sonic Rainboom as a Rainbow Dash episode instead of a Rarity episode or even a Dash/Rarity episode even though the lesson is something that applies specifically to what Rarity was doing.

Just great another Rarijack episode.

But it's not. Based on the synopsis, it's Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie, and even taking out Twilight, there's still Pinkie involved in the boat incident. It's like calling On Your Marks a Rarijack and ignoring that Dash and the Crusaders are part of the story. Plus, the episode sounds very much like it's going the Rashomon style, and it's likely Applejack and Rarity, along with Pinkie, were chosen based on the way they'd tell their stories (and hopefully they may even have their own artistic style when retelling the story).

Edited by Marimo
  • Brohoof 1

full.png

If we get something like this again, i am good. :P

Seriously though, glad that Twilight gets an episode, that is not a premiere or a finale. Just slice of life. :)

• Brohoof 2

Why do I get the feeling that whatever Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie are upset over, it's relatively minor and something that they're definitely making a big deal out of for nothing? Several episodes this season have had some absolutely terrible characterizations for the mane six, and I can easily see this episode being yet another one. 

And Twilight, as always, has to play the level-headed straight man and will most likely make all three of them look foolish and petty by the end of the episode. :dry: 

Yeah, not excited for this....

Oooooh... this looks interesting. At least Twilight is finally getting some time in the spotlight this season. But if it's too Rarity-centric, I'm not going to be very happy.

On a side note, the synopsis reminds me of MMMystery On The Friendship Express and Rarity Investigates!