Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler S6 Ep 22: PPOV

EquestriaGuy

We still have four more episodes after this! Hopefully "Where the Apple Lies" will be a CMC episode. It does sound like an AJ episode, but at least the CMCs should play a part in it, since they need an episode near the closure of the season. If we're lucky, maybe Babs is the Apple lying! Cool! More Babs content! Hopefully, but not probable.

Top Bolt - obviously a Twilight/Rainbow map episode to the Wonderbolts Academy, no questions about that! The only question is whether we see Lightning Dust and Wind Rider again!

To Where and Back Again - obviously starring Starlight, and it sounds like a travelling episode. I do believe it might be about Starlight running away because of something around the category of Twilight not trusting her for something and feels betrayed. If that's the case, then the finale might also co-star Spike again like in the season 5 finale! In that case, we could see Trixie, Sunburst, Ember, and Thorax again!

• Brohoof 1

It's not really a Rarijack episode. I think it's just a Twilight episode featuring Pinkie, Rarity, and AJ.

I hope that's not the case. Pinkie, Rarity and Applejack are all far more entertaining than Twilight. 

Yeah, I don't think they've ever had an episode together, kinda weird since they're they Unicorns(sorta with Twilight) of the group.

Even if they've covered all the possible pairings there's still plenty they could return to, either because they were dropped after the first season(FS/Rarity, AJ/RD) and/or still feel woefully underused(FS/AJ, RD/Rarity, Pinkie/FS)

But if we could actually go through a season without so much damn Rarijack I can be a lot happier 

They can give me all the Rarijack they want, it's just more fuel for my mighty ship. I just wish their episodes could be better than their last two though. Apparently Stable Best Buddies Rarijack isn't as fun to watch as bickering old married couple Rarijack.

But it's not. Based on the synopsis, it's Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie, and even taking out Twilight, there's still Pinkie involved in the boat incident. It's like calling On Your Marks a Rarijack and ignoring that Dash and the Crusaders are part of the story. Plus, the episode sounds very much like it's going the Rashomon style, and it's likely Applejack and Rarity, along with Pinkie, were chosen based on the way they'd tell their stories (and hopefully they may even have their own artistic style when retelling the story).

That would be really freaking neat and I completely hope they do that. 

Just great another Rarijack episode. They have the worst and most boring character dynamic out of all the mane six. At least Twilight will get some much needed screentime this season. But I am not overly thrilled with how Rarity keeps stealing screentime from every member of the mane six besides Rainbow Dash. If there is a season 7 than I would hope she would get season 3 treatment. Also I really hoped this would have been a Celestia episode, but now I guess there is no hope for her to ever get any character development.

Rarity will barely have had more episodes where she stars or co-stars than Rainbow Dash and Applejack when all is said and done probably, really your vastly overexaggerating how much focus she's gotten. 

I get Fluttershy's your favorite and yeah, she's been pretty screwed over 2 seasons in a row now (though hey, at least the one episode she had so far was really good despite what some people say, and I say that as someone very meh on her. Flutter Brutter is probably a top 20 episode to me) But that doesn't mean other characters who are getting use should be punished going forward. Especially when they aren't getting many pure solo episodes. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

The plot sounds like a detective story  :P  I like multiple characters tell the same story to see the bigger picture, this is one of my personal favorite story-telling  :orly: , in any shapes. If they just do what i think it would be and a big plot twist (not too obvious like Rarity Investigate), it already got a 6/10 from me, the rest are characterization, humor, pacing blah blah... Just hope they dont go overboard with the character or the fandom will throw more tomatoes at this ep just like 28 Pranks Later (dont worry i love you, 28, let me give you a bath  :orly: ). 

Plz be Nick, plz be Nick, plz Nick. Only Nick can pull it off... :awuh:  

Edited by Lambdadelta

This is threads like this that show how difficult it is to please everyone in the fandom x)...

Some are excited because it could be a Twillight episode, but others would rather like to have an episode about Pinkie, Rarity and Applejack because they are more entertaining. At the same time if an episode is a Pinkie/Rarity people will said it's overused, but if it's a pure Rarity or a pure Pinkie there is too much solo episodes for them. People wants more solo episode for some ponies, but when Rainbow gets some, people don't like it and prefer when she supports.

Nobody on this thread agree on what they want the episode to be, so there will be people disapointed by the episode at the end.

There's no other way ^^

This is threads like this that show how difficult it is to please everyone in the fandom x)...

Some are excited because it could be a Twillight episode, but others would rather like to have an episode about Pinkie, Rarity and Applejack because they are more entertaining. At the same time if an episode is a Pinkie/Rarity people will said it's overused, but if it's a pure Rarity or a pure Pinkie there is too much solo episodes for them. People wants more solo episode for some ponies, but when Rainbow gets some, people don't like it and prefer when she supports.

Nobody on this thread agree on what they want the episode to be, so there will be people disapointed by the episode at the end.

There's no other way ^^

There haven't been any actual solo episodes for either Rarity or Pinkie all season. More importantly, there haven't been any meaningful character studies of either all season. With Pinkie, that's sadly par for the course, but for Rarity, it's an alarming departure from the norm of previous seasons, where most of her major appearances offered some new facet of insight into her, another piece of the puzzle that is her wonderfully complex psyche. Season 6 offers nothing of the sort. If she's not out of character (Gift of Maud, Spice Up Your Life, Cart Before the Ponies, and arguably AJ's Day Off), she's just sort of there (Gauntlet of Fire). Even Saddle Row, the best of the lot, brought very little to the table, considering opening up another boutique isn't actually character development or exploration in and of itself.

Somehow, I doubt an episode dedicated to making Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie seem like petty idiots who need Twilight to solve their problems will improve my outlook.

For all her screentime, this season has resoundingly demonstrated that the bulk of the current writers have no clue how to properly utilize Rarity, and as such I feel that fans of her have every right to be unsatisfied. Of course, the same goes for most other characters as well. Poor Rainbow Dash has it even worse, and it's hard not to feel as though the staff is actively working to ruin her. The only character who's being consistently treated well is, quite ironically, Spike.

Edited by Captain Sorzo

We still have four more episodes after this! Hopefully "Where the Apple Lies" will be a CMC episode. It does sound like an AJ episode, but at least the CMCs should play a part in it, since they need an episode near the closure of the season. If we're lucky, maybe Babs is the Apple lying! Cool! More Babs content! Hopefully, but not probable

I’ll be disappointed if we are only getting three CMC episodes this season.

It does reflect poorly on Josh Haber as a story editor considering this isn't the first stock/reused plot we've seen this season.

I know the show's had its fair share of predictable plots in the past but this season, but not only have we've been seeing more of them, but the current writers aren't doing anything to make them interesting, or retreading old ideas and executing them worse

• Brohoof 2

It does reflect poorly on Josh Haber considering this isn't the first stock/reused plot we've seen this season.

I know the show's had its fair share of predictable plots in the past but this season, not only have we've been seeing more of them, but the current writers aren't doing anything to make them interesting, or retreading old ideas making them a lot worse

alot of things reflect poorly on josh haber :P

• Brohoof 2

It does reflect poorly on Josh Haber as a story editor considering this isn't the first stock/reused plot we've seen this season.

I know the show's had its fair share of predictable plots in the past but this season, but not only have we've been seeing more of them, but the current writers aren't doing anything to make them interesting, or retreading old ideas and executing them worse

I think they executed the "Christmas Tale" retelling pretty damn well actually. One of the better adapations of it iv seen. 

What if they made Mike Vogel story editor? He's been doing an awesome job this season! He really knows the show!

Well Vogels been around forever in an executive role so he damn well should. Still He's been pretty solid overall yeah, at least when he's written the scripts, some of his story ideas written by others have been more mixed.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

While I'll admit this does sound interesting, am I the only one getting flashbacks of "MMMystery on the Friendship Express?"

Huh. Not to rain on the parade, but this seems like it'll be a retread of Mystery on the friendship express.

Hmm, I guess not.

Considering two of those episodes were dedicated solely to stomping Dash's character into the ground, one being a retread of one of the show's most infamous episodes, and the other being an absolute "fuck you" of a milestone episode, Rarity still got the better end of the deal

I personally liked both of those episodes. While I do think that Dash becoming a Wonderbolt should've had a bigger payoff, I thought it was a decent episode, and "28 Pranks Later" was a fun episode, though I wished they'd spent more time on the zombie angle of the episode.

Of course it's yet another "Rarity and Applejack have a bad time together" episode.

Yeah, those are starting to get really old. I may like RariJack, but jeez! I'd like to see another RariShy episode or a RariLight episode.

Pinkie might at least shake things up, but I have a feeling she's gonna be regulated to joke status this episode

Of course. I'd expect nothing less. That's Pinkie Pie's entire character: comic relief because she has no other function other than that because the writers, like with Spike and Starlight, don't know what else to do with her.

Edited by Smitty1038

• 2 weeks later...

This episode sounds like it will be interesting and fun. It's great to see Twilight getting an episode focused around her. I can imagine Pinkie, Rarity and Applejack explaining their sides of the story, but they explain it in their own perspective. All in all, this episode sounds pretty awesome and I can't wait to see how it turns out.