Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Legends of Everfree Shorts Cancelled

FlareGun45

I liked the shorts, but I can also live without them. For the most part FG's shorts didn't really add anything to the film and even RR's shorts were only loosely tied to it. At least there won't be a novelization of the shorts passed off as the actual adaptation, though they didn't do that for FG so I wasn't expecting them to this time either if there were shorts. Also, I'm debating whether to read the novel or just wait for the film. Honestly, the movies are improving with each iteration IMHO, and LoE has me the most intrigued I've ever been for an upcoming EQG film, and I think it'll be just fine without shorts.

I noticed that Hasbro/DHX used the shorts to promote the movies in the past, and they were also released during a hiatus of sorts either between seasons or a forced mid-season hiatus which kind of helped catch fan interest as they were literally the only new pony material releasing in those weeks. But, regardless of when the shorts were released, the tactic with this film seems to have been releasing various short clips of the film itself. Yeah, FG had a 10 minute clip released beforehand and RR had a few short clips as well, but this time they seem to be the sole means of promoting the movie. We did get 5 of them, which I think adds up to over 11 minutes of the movie, not that I've actually taken the time to count. Hopefully the DVDs and BluRays will get more extras to make up for the lack of shorts but that is by no means a deal breaker for me.