Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Is Thorax shippable?

KillerKingBakudan

Strikes me as a potentially dangerous and unhealthy relationship (though not quite in the usual sense). Changelings feed on love. Maybe it's okay if Thorax's pony friends share their platonic love with him in small doses.

But imagine someone wasting away in love with Thorax, slowly dying/being drained by him. And Thorax's own attachment to them being based on that terrible, addictive love.

• Brohoof 1

Hey @, since your thread's discussing a character from the show, it's being moved to Show Discussion. A spoiler tag's been added too, since Thorax is from the recent episode. Have a nice day! :)

Onto answering the question: Yep, I would consider him shippable. He could find someone open-minded enough to be in a relationship with, and considering he can self-sustain if loved without forcefully draining others' love, doesn't sound like there would be any issues. Other than finding someone who accepts him for what he is, of course. :P

• Brohoof 4

Strikes me as a potentially dangerous and unhealthy relationship (though not quite in the usual sense). Changelings feed on love. Maybe it's okay if Thorax's pony friends share their platonic love with him in small doses.

But imagine someone wasting away in love with Thorax, slowly dying/being drained by him. And Thorax's own attachment to them being based on that terrible, addictive love.

Thorax would be devastated about that.

If i learned something in the last 5 years from this fandom, then the fact that everything is shippable with anything.

So yeah, he is. :P

• Brohoof 4

I saw this thread and was like, "hey I wonder if LightWing has read this?" Which he has, so thats not needed. :P

Anyway, of course he/it is, I mean who isn't honestly? The basis of his character is certainly acceptable for a romantic relationship, no doubt about it.

• Brohoof 1

I saw this thread and was like, "hey I wonder if Light Wing has read this?" Whixh he has, so thats not needed. :P

Anyway, of course he/it is, I mean who isn't honestly? The basis of his character is certainly acceptable for a romantic relationship, no doubt about it.

*pokes @Lightwing*

Shippedy ship ship shippen

Oh dear shipping god! Show us your might powers of shipping. Fill the world with your love x3

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

Shippedy ship ship shippen

Shippity ship ship shippeden? *raises ears*

Oh, shipping.. If I have learned something through my life is that everything is shippable. Just find a leg to keep your point and that will work a long way. They look cute together, and that is something you can't deny~

1229814__safe_shipping_spike_gay_changel

• Brohoof 2

Somehow, I don't think he'd be into little boys like Spike. Which is why I doubt Sparity could happen either.

Except Spike isn't a little boy anymore after living through three Hearthswarming Eves, and with Thorax also likely being an adolescent there's nothing really wrong there. Certainly nothing worse than Spike x any of the CMCs.

Where do we ever see the Changelings actually suck the love out of their victims other than the Queen. I think the Changelings can feed off love without causing harm if the love and care is mutual.

It's like a box of cookies representing love. Queen Chrysalis selfishly wants the "cookies" for herself and her species that she just Steals the love away, which would cause the ponies to be harmed in the long run.

But with Thorax following the ponies' example of Sharing the "Cookies" of love, both the Changeling and pony benefit.

Mutual love and respect shared between 2 good friends is much stronger than selfish, one-sided, stolen love.

I'm sure there must be other fans who've come to the same conclusion as I have in the years since the Changelings' debut.

To answer the OP: Yes, Thorax is shipable as long as the love is shared, not stolen.

• Brohoof 1

I think he would be shippable, ehy shouldn't he be? I doubt he would affect others by feeding on love, I don't see a big issue in that. Has it been shown to effect others in a negative way? At least if he has good intentions, and doesn't forcefully steal it like when Canterlot was invaded it should be fine.

Yep.  Chrysalis did say in 'A Canterlot Wedding' "I have been feeding off Shining Armor's love for you, every moment he grows weaker".  That certainly seems to be a fairly negative effect.

If so then he wouldn't be allowed near ponies at all, and they accepted him. If they accepted him I doubt he would be dangerous to the others.

Changelings have been shipped since A Canterlot Wedding

Toss in shape-shifting and gender doesn't matter

Spike can finally have Rarity all for himself

Ah yes, it's 10 years later and Spike has become the Lt. Barclay of MLP:FiM: He coerces/enslaves his friend to be whomever he wants him to be, spending all his time in his own little fantasy world where whatever pony, dragon, or griffon tickles his fancy can be that special somepony for him.  :wau:

Probably OOC for Spike, though.

• Brohoof 1

Except Spike isn't a little boy anymore after living through three Hearthswarming Eves, and with Thorax also likely being an adolescent there's nothing really wrong there. Certainly nothing worse than Spike x any of the CMCs.

How is he an adolescent,He could be around Twilights age , hes probally a stallion with a small build