Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How strong could Thorax become?

Tapes

In "A Canterlot wedding", Chrysalis overpowers Celestia due to the power of Shining Armor's love for Cadence.

This led me wondering if other changelings could get so much power too. Thorax befriended Spike, Twilight, crystal ponies. So thanks to his new friends' love, I wonder how much power would he gain from them in a few weeks or months. What do you think?

I see your point, but those however just broke the Canterlot shield and entered in the city. They didnt really have much time to feed (and possibly become stronger in the process?)

I don't think Shining Armor would give Thorax the same amount of loving he directs to Cadance though. Chrysalis was using that to get that strong by taking on her form. In addition to that Thorax hasn't shown he can use the same magic Chrysalis uses yet. On another note I wonder where Thorax is going to live.

Edited by cider float

• 3 weeks later...

Thorax's strength can't rely only on himself but on the other changelings too. He's been wanting love for so long and in return received nothing from his own kind and ultimately became the weakest of all changelings. As the potential to become overpowered by the right kind if love, the love of friendship he's going to prove that the changelings don't need to steal love as a source of power but as a source of sustainability.