Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lack of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon in Season 6

Odd Ball

Anyone upset that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon have only appeared in non-speaking cameos so far? I know we still have almost half a season to go, but it's still disappointing the writers haven't done anything with them. Both characters have plenty of possible stories and character development. Judging from the synopsis of the new episodes, it doesn't look like they will have a lot of screentime.

Are any of you upset about the lack of the former bullies so far?

Edited by Odd Ball
  • Brohoof 1

Well, it's hard to use characters that no longer serve the purpose they were created for: bullying lowerclass ponies not that DT has been reformed and her story pretty much revealed. Also being a recurring character in episodes where their protagonists already reached their long-sought goal doesn't help matters 

• Brohoof 1

I think their storylines are pretty much done for now,I mean after Crusaders of the Lost Mark they can't be the bully characters for the CMC anymore sooooooo... they've pretty much been 'defeated'? :P

They have become obsolete. They were there to bully the CMC, and they can't do this now, especially Diamond Tiara as her issue has been completely resolved. Kinda like Cheese Sandwich, Babs Seed, Flim and Flam, Starlight's village, and Gilda.

I know how you feel, but I think there's just not much left to do with them, given that they're already reformed. Maybe the writers want to lay off the "antagonist's been reformed, now what?" episodes after Starlight Glimmer, but that's just my guess.

With the amount of characters they keep piling up on this show you won't see every reoccurring character all the time. But really there is so many new characters they keep piling up the character roster is getting really diluted now.

Well they've kind of served their purpose, and there isn't much reason to show them in CMC episodes. That being said, I would have liked one more episode with the two of them in speaking roles, maybe even an episode all about them.

• Brohoof 1

Other than picking on the CMCs for the longest time, we don't know their general roles other than being bullies for 5 seasons. Maybe the reformed DT can still keep her snark and witty-ness because she's Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon can still be her partner-in-crime. Other than that they still have to find some role to fill in other than being background ponies/cameos without an purpose.

Um, yeah, what the others have said. I just don't know if the writers even know what to do with them. They have been fumbling with what to do with the CMCs as it is so maybe they're focusing on that first over what to do with their former bullies.

I know how you feel, but I think there's just not much left to do with them, given that they're already reformed. Maybe the writers want to lay off the "antagonist's been reformed, now what?" episodes after Starlight Glimmer, but that's just my guess.

Given the quality of a lot of villain reformations in the past, I would be perfectly fine with this.

Yeah, I am. I was really looking forward to this season since I was eager to see what the writers were going to do with them, only to be disappointed when they appeared in episodes, but had no speaking lines. I loved seeing them in "On Your Marks", but other than that, nothing, which really makes me sad because I really like these two and I'd really love to see more of them in the future.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

With the amount of characters they keep piling up on this show you won't see every reoccurring character all the time. But really there is so many new characters they keep piling up the character roster is getting really diluted now.

Really, ghe only characters this series focuses on are the Mane Six, Spike, the CMC, and Starlight Glimmer. That's eleven characters right there, but most of the other characters are either reserved for cameos or one-shot characters.

Well they've kind of served their purpose, and there isn't much reason to show them in CMC episodes. That being said, I would have liked one more episode with the two of them in speaking roles, maybe even an episode all about them.

Yeah, an entire episode dedicated to just them would be really great. We could finally see what their relationship is really like. If "Twilight Time" is anything to go by, Diamond doesn't consider Silver Spoon a friend, more like a partner-in-crime kind of thing.

Yeah, an entire episode dedicated to just them would be really great. We could finally see what their relationship is really like. If "Twilight Time" is anything to go by, Diamond doesn't consider Silver Spoon a friend, more like a partner-in-crime kind of thing.

I'm wondering if that changed at all after COLTM. An episode about the two of them could explore that, because I'm really curious to see where they stand now.

They have become obsolete. They were there to bully the CMC, and they can't do this now, especially Diamond Tiara as her issue has been completely resolved. Kinda like Cheese Sandwich, Babs Seed, Flim and Flam, Starlight's village, and Gilda.

they were bullies, they were defeated, they no longer are antagonists so i can see how they have faded into the background.

I guess that just like Princess Celestia, they have outlived their roles in the show.

I think their storylines are pretty much done for now,I mean after Crusaders of the Lost Mark they can't be the bully characters for the CMC anymore sooooooo... they've pretty much been 'defeated'? :P

I personally believe most characters in any show that has served their 'role' can still learn different things, be given new goals and continue to be expended upon.

Let's face it you guys: I was sorta right about them, but hey, they're definitely background characters now since their last speaking role in the COTLM episode (I really hate that episode a lot and the Cutie Marks too!)

I'm wondering if that changed at all after COLTM. An episode about the two of them could explore that, because I'm really curious to see where they stand now.

I thought Diamond Tiara helping Silver Spoon with that fence made it perfectly clear that they were friends again. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they have gone their separate ways, which could make for an interesting CMC episode.

Let's face it you guys: I was sorta right about them, but hey, they're definitely background characters now since their last speaking role in the COTLM episode (I really hate that episode a lot and the Cutie Marks too!)

Really? I consider it to be the show's best episode out of the whole series, bested only by "Suited for Success."

They may not have had any dialogue yet this season; but chances are, they might in "The Fault in Our Cutie Marks". I can also tell you this -- Gummy appeared for the first time this season in "28 Pranks Later", and Discord in "Dungeons & Discords". It could happen to Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon as well next week.

• Brohoof 1