Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Stellaris: particular mod

Steel Accord

So this game Stellaris. I bought it because it looked really cool with how many options there were to design your own space-spanning civilization and work your will and ideals on the universe and partake in crazy space opera adventures. Problem I ran into was the interface being about as impenetrable as the Great Wall of Chine made of pure diamond.

Does anyone know of any mods that cut down and streamline the controls and setup? I can stomach a little loss in complexity if it means I can play the game.

Paradox games have notoriously opaque interfaces.  This is actually one of the better games, especially when compared to Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis.  I am not certain it is even possible to mod the user interface.  The best I can tell you is the outliner on the upper right gives you direct access to your fleets and planets.  To get to the other stuff, you need to go to the tabs on the upper left.  You need those for hiring leaders, chaning edicts, creating sectors, assigning research, designing ships and the like.  Its a fun game if you can get past all that, although the now venerable Master of Orion 2 (available on gog.com and Steam) probably does what this game is trying to do better and with a better user interface to boot.  Best of luck though, space 4X games are usually worth the trouble.