Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Paper Pony Game

compro51

This is prefect for a paper game but about a secrect meeting spot where the oc's of the game staff and beta players are in one spot like a inn or a house somthin like that probly in pony ville or clouds dale but that might not work with my oc Lol XD

I do want to add contributors' OCs (if they have one) into the game and even talk to them! It doesn't have to be a secret meeting spot, although I may create one for extreme-looking OCs that couldn't "blend in" the environment (for instance, OCs with bat wings and bright wild colors).

(edited)

Ok just thrown an idea around I mean I have seen stuff like this in other games even by EA and other bigtime developers so I thought why not but its OK if you don't

Oh no. I really like the idea! It is something I want to add in the game.

Also, I wasn't trying to offend anypony. :kindness:  It is my personal opinion so I shouldn't let that drive the game development and should scratch the secret meeting.  :squee:

Edited by compro51

It's ok I thought it was a good idea I just wanted to see if anypony else liked that's it I mean its a cool idea like maby a shop or house that is what I am thinking but placed in a place that must be stumbled upon by accidentally walking in to the meeting for the game something like that but I don't mind if that don't make it in the final game

Now that I have seen the demo I am in all the way for the beta testing and other aspects anything not dealn with too much code i will help with i am 100% on board ;):) i will do all in my power and i am gettin a computer here soon so expect all i can do is split between this school and my extra cricullar that will help me in this feild of gaming and only 4 frames dropped during a move that is impressive for a devepoer that is probley new to this as i said in the comment box for the demo all the way support and will advertise to all my class mates i technicly did this yet the only thing i said was that i am a beta tester for a fan game based off paper mario and that is all they know

Now that I have seen the demo I am in all the way for the beta testing and other aspects anything not dealn with too much code i will help with i am 100% on board ;):) i will do all in my power and i am gettin a computer here soon so expect all i can do is split between this school and my extra cricullar that will help me in this feild of gaming and only 4 frames dropped during a move that is impressive for a devepoer that is probley new to this as i said in the comment box for the demo all the way support and will advertise to all my class mates i technicly did this yet the only thing i said was that i am a beta tester for a fan game based off paper mario and that is all they know

I'm glad that you saw the demo and really like it.  :)

I just seen an lp of paper mario and thousand year door and thought if the player missed the timing the book that twilight would use would go into the crowd dispersing it and will not have as big of a rating in the battle I mean just like if Mario would ignore a the idiot in the crowd or the enemies attacking them. And also I found the book flow twilight's attack its called Watergate a cronlogy of a crises I did misspell a word its 1000+ page book that is heaver than tartus on a bad day

• 2 weeks later...

Status Update: I took a long brake from game development and starting to get back to it. For this month, I have been developing the sprite animation editor for my game engine and it is close to being done. The animation editor, as of now, is shown below.

post-39204-0-33491000-1485641701_thumb.png

Derpy is designed by Yoshi Greenwater.

There are bugs that need to be fixed, but once they are fixed (along with a few more little features), it will be ready for animators to start creating Paper Mario-like animations for the game. I am pretty happy on how it is turning out.  :D

• Brohoof 2

ohmygod this is AMAZING. love how step by step you're creating an awesome game. looks super cute this style.

I love the first Paper Mario and i totally get the vibe in your game. I laughed when twilight said to re-reorganize the library again  :D

Also love the ideas from your chapters. 

I wish you the best and no matter how long it takes you, I'm sure you'll do an amazing game. 

congrats, and i'll following your work!♥♥♥ :wub: (i dont even know you and im already proud of you haha  :please: )

Edited by Tropico

• 2 weeks later...

ohmygod this is AMAZING. love how step by step you're creating an awesome game. looks super cute this style.

I love the first Paper Mario and i totally get the vibe in your game. I laughed when twilight said to re-reorganize the library again  :D

Also love the ideas from your chapters. 

I wish you the best and no matter how long it takes you, I'm sure you'll do an amazing game. 

congrats, and i'll following your work!♥♥♥ :wub: (i dont even know you and im already proud of you haha  :please: )

Thanks! The re-organizing joke was my older brother's idea!  :D

HI there, I'm not a really great artist, but if it helps, I do attend an art school. Maybe I can get some friends to help you! :)

That will be great! If they are interested, they can send me an email (compro510@gmail.com).

• Brohoof 1

Ok, I'll be sure to ask, but what do you need right now?  :derp:

For now, I need artists that can do concept art, environment art such as building and foliage textures, particle effects such as explosions and magic, UI art including the title screen, and other misc art. If the artist can also do 3d modeling, that will be great as well. Animators are also very important, especially since I just finished my sprite animation editor.

As a note, the art style must be Paper Mario-like with the MLP theme, but you already know that.  :-P

Again, I would really appreciate it if any artist helps out. I will reward anypony for their efforts!  :grin:

• 1 month later...

Hey everypony!

I am making slow progress with the game. With the help of an artist, I was able to add what I call the battle option selector that displays the available battle options. You can select an option and rotate them.

post-39204-0-71796200-1490382324.png

Note that some of the options are disabled (shown in gray).

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2017 at 3:56 PM, nascarfan2442 said:

I just seen the recent pic and I can't wait to tests it I am in and ready to go

I'm glad that you saw the pic. It is not ready for testing yet, but I will let you know!

On 6/19/2017 at 8:23 PM, CandleLight said:

Babyyoshi,

I'm not sure if pinkie will do that, but she will have her party cannon. Like I said, the game is still very early in progress.

Pinkie Pie will definitely have her party cannon. She will probably break the fourth wall occasionally in the dialogues. I got a list of ideas for her!

Like CandleLight said, the game is very early in progress, but it is progressing!

The concept seems interesting, considering paper mario was great, this could be really good! Best of luck!

• 4 months later...

Hey everypony!

I am still working on this game at a slow rate. With the help of Yoshi Greenwater, I added more characters and audience members as shown in the picture below. The plot is coming along well and having somepony else modifying the dialogue to be better.

Let me know if you have any ideas for the game.

BattleScene_Audience.thumb.PNG.8fe9b1be46a3439af724ac43cf3b65b8.PNG

• Brohoof 2