Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Paper Pony Game

compro51

On 11/8/2017 at 2:02 PM, compro51 said:

Hey everypony!

I am still working on this game at a slow rate. With the help of Yoshi Greenwater, I added more characters and audience members as shown in the picture below. The plot is coming along well and having somepony else modifying the dialogue to be better.

Let me know if you have any ideas for the game.

BattleScene_Audience.thumb.PNG.8fe9b1be46a3439af724ac43cf3b65b8.PNG

Its looking like a paper Mario game I can't wait and it has the feel of a Nintendo product thanks to yoshi I just am shocked on how it has been 6 months since I seen it

• Brohoof 1

On 6/19/2017 at 5:20 PM, Babyyoshi309 said:

Also, Pinkie Pie better have an ability where she breaks the fourth wall. ^_^

I always find it fascinating to see how a reality-warper translates into gameplay.

That being said, will Discord be a summon (e.g., the Star Spirits from Paper Mario 64)?

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
(edited)

Your idea is super cool and the video shocked me with how silky smooth and simple everything was. I considered making a Paper MArio style RPG when I saw this dev tool called Doodle Studio 95 go on sale. Maybe you should check it out and see if it could help with developing the rest of this project. :grin:

(by the looks of things, you made your own engine from scratch the way I did! :P)

Edited by Yotes

• 11 months later...

Hey everypony.

You may be wondering what I was doing for the past year or so. Well... I am sad to say... but I am no longer working on this project. I have lost interest to what I believed was quite an ambitious project and not receiving very much help. I also have my personal life (including a full-time job) and many other much smaller things I am working on which prevents me from working on this project. However, I will not completely destroy this project that I worked very hard on. I will keep it on my shelf to admire and remember the experiences I had in working on it.

Sorry to disappoint anypony who is interested in this project. I hope that you are still enjoying the show and the fan-made projects associated with it.

Well I am sorry that it kinda flopped but am still very interested in trying to help as much as I can I could maybe turn it into something unique or something like that I am doing it for another failed game making into a radioplay/movie thingy 

• 2 years later...

Unfortunate to hear, but the experience from developing it will carry on with you.

Revisiting this reminded me that this is such a great idea. The game feel, the combat mechanics, the art styles you could try... MLP & classic Paper Mario mix like Zap-Apple Jam!