Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Daily Forums

brambleshadow4

I feel like it's really just competition at best and redundant at worst...I only visit EqD for art, comics, PMVs, animations, and the like (and to see what kind of comments my comics get :P), and I always felt like the comment system there was enough, so I'm not really sure if this is really necessary.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see myself joining simply because I'm familiar with the EQD community. Yeah, no thanks.

This seems so weird. I remember when i was very active on EQD in 2011 and 2012. People Have been begging for Forums since then and they only NOW decide to create a Forums, eventhough the big boom period of fandom is gone now? Very weird.

I will stay here, because no other brony site has been so good to me then MLPForums and i already spend my time on EQD long enough.

• Brohoof 1

I've had my account for a few hours and the site already scares me. Welp, that only means I have no need to worry about which forum I like more.  :lol:

I joined up as Rainbowdashfan I don't know if it's me or my iPod touch that I am posting on but every topic thread looks like

T

h

i

s

a

n

d

m

a

k

e

s

i

t

f

i

f

t

y

t

i

m

e

s

h

a

r

d

e

r

f

o

r

m

e

t

o

r

e

a

d

that's how it looks to me, this will always be my home but I will give this forum a shot too.

Like most people have decided, I may give it a shot, but I'm gonna keep my account here more active. I used to be a more frequent EqD visitor, but I use other new sites now, and this doesn't feel like the time for me to join a whole new community.

Sure, they can have their forums, people have been asking for ages, but MLPF will most likely remain the largest, and best!

Equestria Daily has a forum, well MLP Forums is way better as the largest and best pony forum on the internet rather than other pony forums, so I did signed up over there though. I felt Between MLP Forums and Equestria Daily Forums aren't different, so that's familiar and curious as expected.

Edited by Allen

I'll give it a look and surely I'll join it. More to meet and to make friends, the better.

I have extreme distaste on being here cause of threads I created always gets locked except one at Life Advice. Maybe EQD would be kinder to me in making fair threads without pushing me to use status update, which like no one cares of what I put up when I need help -_-

Thoughts so far,

It feels buggy and a little slow.

The color scheme feels way too bright.

And the Roleplay section is seriously lacking in organization. I really liked the follower option though, but other than that there doesn't seem to be anything very compelling about it. I'll have to wait and see...

I’ll require higher level and better equipment if I am to clash with so many knights on their home turf. Then again, do I really want to join? No, not really. Guess lurk & laugh is the way to go.

I don't think I will join those forums to be honest.

I have made accounts on a few different social media places, that I don't really use any more, and this is pretty much the only forums that I am rather active on.

I think I will just stick with this one.

I've been a user on EQD for 1 1/2 years now. 

And the thing that always got under my skin was there moderation of comments whenever they put up nightly/morning discussions.

There is just way too much bull**** drama and it annoyed me for quite some time. However The EQD forums is probably gonna be a better place to connect with other bronies by also keeping drama down. 

But I have an account on there if you want to add me, but I might just pass on the whole EQD forums thing. Because This place "Mlp Forums" is my home away from home :)

Those forums are kinda cool I suppose, but definitely buggy right now. I don't think I will be very active at all there. Most, if not all of my forum time is spent here so I am pretty much covered in terms of an MLP community.

• Brohoof 4

I've never been one to frequent EQD, I generally only browse the site once in a while, so I'm not familiar with the community. I went ahead and joined the forums, but I probably won't use it much. MLPForums is where I'm most comfortable, so any other pony forum would be secondary. While I've heard the new EQD forums uses a more recent version of IPBoard, I still strongly prefer MLPF's layout & overall aesthetic compared to EQD's

• Brohoof 1

I joined but I already see myself not being active on it tbh

The site actually feels kinda intimidating, so I'll definitely be staying here.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this news, as I've always thought of the MLP forums as the place for MLP forums (jeez, I wonder why), and while I've only made an account just recently on this site, I'm still annoyed that now EQD is trying to, I don't know, steal the traffic of this site? The whole thing's just really weird, as it looks like it's only going to further divide the fandom  into subfandoms rather than bring it together as one community. 

MLPForums is not entitled to have a monopoly on Bronies in a forum; people can do whatever they want. Besides, there already exists many Brony forums and other discussion boards; EqD would just be one more of many.

I registered there, but I am not sure what to expect of it. I recall members here speaking poorly about EqD community though I do not remember the reason for it.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, not fan of it. I might make an account and post from time to time, but I'm going to stay here most the time. I've come to love the community here, and I see this as my home on the internet. :P 

Also not a fan of the layout. But It might grow on me. 

There are some distinct differences between here and there, and I personally like the setup here a lot better. That being said, I'll still continue to explore the other forums for a while and at least give it a chance. ^^

I've been a user on EQD for 1 1/2 years now. 

And the thing that always got under my skin was there moderation of comments whenever they put up nightly/morning discussions.

There is just way too much bull**** drama and it annoyed me for quite some time. However The EQD forums is probably gonna be a better place to connect with other bronies by also keeping drama down. 

But I have an account on there if you want to add me, but I might just pass on the whole EQD forums thing. Because This place "Mlp Forums" is my home away from home :)

I know what you mean. The ND and MD (as we like to call nightly and morning discussions) have always been like that. There's almost never any actual discussion there, as the title is more of a misnomer than anything. Still, it can be fun as long as you're okay with people posting random (and objectively terrible) comments 24/7

There's also a secret discussion on EQD that tends to be much better than the ND and MD, but it's secret (in order to keep the ND/MD people from finding it). There's no way to find it until you accidentally do so. 

• Brohoof 1

I've been a brony since early 2011. I've been with many communities, been to many cons, and have frequented EQD on daily basis. However, I've only recently gotten engaged with the Poniverse over the past few months. I don't post all that much, but I've found that the folks here at Poniverse and MLP-Forums make up a very friendly and genuine brony community. Probably the best I've experienced in the fandom. Whether you're an old-foal, new-foal, or just curious about the fandom, I think the Poniverse community gives off the best impression of the brony fandom.

I've had a enjoyable time in recent weeks working the Poniverse Twitter account and getting to know the staff. Though I have nothing against EQD, I think MLP- Forums is the place to be, and I'll keep doing what I cant to bring more folks into our friendly community.  (Apart from directly trying to drag folks from other communities of course. )

• Brohoof 1