Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Daily Forums

brambleshadow4

The site actually feels kinda intimidating, so I'll definitely be staying here.

That's exactly what I was thinking too, I'm glad I'm not alone with that opinion. I could just be biased but I feel like it's going to take some time for me to get completely comfortable there.

Nevertheless however, the layout is really appealing to me. I can't help but like the darker colors and the cover photo feature is my favorite thing.  :D

The Equestria Daily Forums actually look really good and i would love to create a new Account there.

But...than i remembered who i am and knowing me, i would probably only post an Introduction to get short Attention again but than would be way to shy to ever really post something or talk to someone.

So...it wouldnt bring me anything, because i know what will happen.

Im registered in like 5-6 Forums and only use 1 frequently and 1 other sometimes.

Ah, at least I am familiar with the layout; it uses the same board as Hypnoponies. Not that it such is necessarily a good thing, as I do quite enjoy the aesthetics of this forum far more, though I must say that their icons for each section are well chosen. Would I use it? Perhaps not. More information regarding ponies, canon or otherwise, is not usually a bad thing for the fandom, however.

The mascot is certainly no Buffy, though. (But is, ironically enough, a bat pony. Oh symbolism~)

Edited by -Octavia-
  • Brohoof 1

I have been wanting to talk about seeing as how I know quite a bit about this group and this forum 

First off let me give a bit of a history lesson 

The EQD forums are not new, they are actually a year old. The 'new' EQD forums are just the Friendship is Gaming forums with a new coat of paint.

Friendship is Gaming was a sub-forum of EQD before it became the EQD forums, and it was not popular. The user-base mainly consisted of a large group of tightly knit friends from a group known as Pony Fortress 2 (disbanded in 2015) This group of friends migrated to Ponyville.net for a while before moving over to Friendship is Gaming when it was created.

How do I know? Well I knew these people and migrated to Ponyville.net along with them, however I lost touch with the group shortly after that and decided to make this place my home as far as forums go. PV.net was simply not active enough for me just didn't do it. Seeing as how I lost touch with the group but remained friends with some of the individuals in it, I caught wind of the creation of FiG very early on, first day created early on. I had the chance to make an account on there and I didn't becuase I simply didn't care enough anymore.

So why Am I telling you this? Well I figured if you know my history with this group and forums you can better understand my thoughts on the EQD forums. 

Now first off let me say I do hope the EQD forums dose well, will you see me make an account on there... No I'm pretty fine on this site. I believe the creation of the EQD forums came from the notion that FiG was not doing as well as it could have and EQD would benefit much more by re-purposing the page into a general forum and so the painting began.

It was a good move and yes the site is popular now but that's only because its new, I question it's longevity. When I showed the site to my friend he pointed out a few things. One being that the site doesn't have any real defining traits or an interesting banner. There is nothing that pops out and says EQD forums to him. It's a very cookie cutter design, simple yes, but no defining traits to differentiate it from another forum site except the name. And they could change that, the site is still in it's infancy so only time will tell, but as of now its visual appeal is close to non existent. 

What I fear will happen is that all the attention EQD will give this forum site is a link to it in the sidebar where the link to FiG was and it will be forgotten within a month or two. And seeing as how they still host Episode discussions on the main site and not on the forums It sort of like the forums are just there to be there.

I'm not saying EQD is doing anything wrong but what I am saying is that if they want these forums to be a sucess, they need to get creative, give the people a reason to go there. Yes the fact that it is EQD is a benefit and that has and will draw a fair amount of people in but a name will only get you so far no matter how big you are. The mascot is a step in the right direction but I think it need a bit more to make it unique. If EQD doesn't do this right I think these forums will just turn into a graveyard much like FiG, lots of bodies, very little activity.

I hope the EQD forums do well but they need to make a few changes if they want to stand out.

Edited by Zantetsuken

Hmmm...

I made an account there for shits and giggles, however...

And, I don't mean to demean other sites, but MLPForums is honestly superior to any other brony/pegasister forums-site.

It will never even have the chance of becoming even one-tenth of what we have here on MLPF.  It's just the nature of the beast.

~ Miles

It seems harmless enough. I mean, there are other MLP based forums out there already. I used to be on a different one before I came here. They're not as good so I don't consider them real competitors. If EQD wants to get in the forum game, sure, why not? If they have something good it's up to everyone else to step up their game to compete, if they even think they need to compete. Ultimately it's just more of a good thing. Fans have their friends all over the place and will come back to them wherever else they may go. I haven't looked at the EQD forums yet and I don't really need to. I like it here just fine.  :grin: