Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If You Were In Charge Of A New Season of MLP

Odd Ball

Let's pretend Hasbro decides to make you in charge of an entire new season. You can use any characters, locations and create new storylines, the possibilities are endless. What sort of ideas and concepts would you put into the season?

• Brohoof 1

Two concepts ... I want to see each of the Mane Six in situations where they have to demonstrate the Elements from another character. One of the virtues of friendship is that you learn from one another. Having Rarity have to pull from a lesson from Rainbow Dash, or Fluttershy from Pinkie Pie, would be an excellent way to symbolize that thematically. 

Also, and this may be a missed opportunity already as both Rarity and Dash have met huge goals, what if a situation arises prompting several of the Mane Six to spend larger portions of the show in other lands, not one episode. Perhaps with some it is an opportunity to do something huge and personal, and in other cases it could be a rather complex Map problem that would take a few episodes to address. This allows the characters to have greater solo episodes with less set-up, touch on how to maintain long distance relationships, and then they could coalesce at the finale to address the big bad who is built up all season long and makes several appearances throughout. 

• Brohoof 5

Well I'd mostly do a Starswirl returns kind of theme. Twilight finds a book of forbidden spells in the Canterlot, and mainly the arc is basically Twilight getting stronger, more corrupt, and more secretive, and needs her friends now more than ever. I'd probably be good in writing the final season of MLP, cause I know of some good episodes for each of the main cast and secondary cast that would feel like an awesome conclusion for them!

Have the season premiere be about the Cutie Map sending the mane 6 to solve a problem involving Celestia and Luna.

The threat would involve the return of any sort of residue magic from the tantibus and or nightmare forces from the comics, which would lead to at least the fear of Celestia turning into this:

881951__safe_princess%2Bcelestia_card_cc

Or it could be about the mane 6 traveling to an alternate timeline where this was what happened instead of Nightmare Moon.

Outside of that, there would be a regular slice of life episode in the season where the royal sisters have an escalating prank war with one another.

A cutie map episode with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy that takes place in Hollow Shades which would be an area based around Sleepy Hollow, and where batponies such as Luna's guards live.  This episode could be a follow up of sorts to Bats!.

A cutie Map episode with Twilight and Rarty that would take place in Canterlot and could either involve Sassy Saddles or Fancy Pants in having some kind of friendship problem while dealing with the upperclass.

A cutie map episode with Applejack and Pinkie Pie that takes place in Apple Wood and could feature the return of Countess Coloratura who would be busy making some kind of biopic movie about her life for charity or something.

I would have an episode where Zephyr Breeze and Discord meet and become friends much to Fluttershy's surprise, and or an episode where Starlight meets Discord and all kinds of wacky antics would ensue.

An episode where Spike and Starlight visit the changeling kingdom and meet up with Thorax and help solve a major crises going on within the different hives, it could follow up on whatever will happen with Chrysalis and the other changelings that will probably happen in the finale.

I would also like to see an episode where Fluttershy and Spike have some decent interaction with each other.

It could involve Fluttershy finally getting over her fears of dragons by going the Dragonlands with Spike and it could also feature the return of Princess Ember.

Maybe it could involve Fluttershy turning into a dragon and them having to find a way to change her back.

I would also like to see a CMC episode featuring an adult blank flank.

There could also be a Scootaloo episode that would be a follow up to Flight to the Finish and have her come to terms with the fact that she will never be able to fly.  This could also be the episode where her parents show up and we could also have a new character introduced who would also be a flightless pegasus.

The finale could be about how all of the mane 6's lives are changing and how they no longer have the amount of time to hang out as much as they want to anymore.

Fluttershy would be busy working on that same kind of natural wildlife preserve from the Breezies episode which would be her new job, the Apple farm would be in the process of becoming a more successful business leaving Applejack with a lot to do, Twilight would be busy with even more Princess duties,  Rarity would be interested in moving to Canterlot to help out with her expanding businesses, Pinkie Pie would possibly inherent Sugarcube Corner, and Rainbow Dash would be going up in the ranks of the Wonderbolts and Spitfire is looking to make Rainbow her successor. 

This would be the series finale.

Edited by cmarston1

For starters, I would give supporting characters and background characters more depth. We have Vinyl and Octavia (both juxtaposed musicians - but musicians nevertheless) in the show that make tiny appearances, but why? Music is a hobby that's much more popular than animal care and party organisation, so why not introduce more people to it?

Secondly, I'd play around with a few ideas for the mane6, that I feel have potential. For example, Fluttershy overcoming her fears and finally reaching the level of what her friends started out at… but now what? All this wasted time breaking down barriers, most ponies never had, and we're still a little out of touch; what is are destiny, and do we still have the time to reach it? Maybe we don't, so what do we do next: find a new one or just give up? In addition, it would be nice (and more realistic, relatable and less stereotypical) if we saw other characters have fears of their own that they have to overcome.

• Brohoof 2

I would have a single story arc that spans the entire series, start off with hints of nefarious goings-on somewhere in the outskirts Equestria, then about halfway through, the villain appears  and takes over most if not all, of the country.  The mane six manage to escape, and have to find something (or someone) that will enable them to defeat the villain and the final confrontation takes place in the finale.

Besides the obligatory Celestia episode? An episode that erases Newbie Dash fro existence and give Rainbow Dash an actually satisfying conclusion to her Wonderbolt arc.

Other than that, AJ's parents and RD meets Scootaloo's parents

1. Make sure the staff stays true to their characters, and don't regress them to fit the plot. This season, plenty of the Original Six have either stagnated or went backwards in their characterization. They're really inconsistent, especially Dash and AJ.
  2. Good characterization isn't and should never be merely characters overcoming a flaw. Sometimes it's focusing more on their strengths or turning a well-known character flaw into a strength, ala AJ's stubbornness in The Mane Attraction. The O6 are ambassadors of Friendship; show them that.
  3. Well-off civilizations outside of Equestria. Don't implicate or state that the civilization needs the MoF to heal a kingdom or its relations like it's some Equestrian Jesus. It's dishonest and implicates a sense of nationalism (which in itself has a xenophobic undertone). Other kingdoms or countries shouldn't need the Magic of Friendship to thrive.
  4. Use Starlight a lot more. Progress her arc. She made a huge mistake and is now Twilight's pupil to be taught friendship. Following Tail, her arc has crawled. She's a good character, but needs to be utilized. Wasted potential is a big flaw in this show, and Starlight in S6 risks being one of its issues. Now, if they make her grow over the rest of the season with a few more appearances, maybe I'll ease off on this a bit.

• Brohoof 4

Have the season premiere be about the Cutie Map sending the mane 6 to solve a problem involving Celestia and Luna.

The threat would involve the return of any sort of residue magic from the tantibus and or nightmare forces from the comics, which would lead to at least the fear of Celestia turning into this:

sig-4650647.881951__safe_princess+celest

Or it could be about the mane 6 traveling to an alternate timeline where this was what happened instead of Nightmare Moon.

Outside of that, there would be a regular slice of life episode in the season where the royal sisters have an escalating prank war with one another.

A cutie map episode with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy that takes place in Hollow Shades which would be an area based around Sleepy Hollow, and where batponies such as Luna's guards live.  This episode could be a follow up of sorts to Bats!.

A cutie Map episode with Twilight and Rarty that would take place in Canterlot and could either involve Sassy Saddles or Fancy Pants in having some kind of friendship problem while dealing with the upperclass.

A cutie map episode with Applejack and Pinkie Pie that takes place in Apple Wood and could feature the return of Countess Coloratura who would be busy making some kind of biopic movie about her life for charity or something.

I would have an episode where Zephyr Breeze and Discord meet and become friends much to Fluttershy's surprise, and or an episode where Starlight meets Discord and all kinds of wacky antics would ensue.

An episode where Spike and Starlight visit the changeling kingdom and meet up with Thorax and help solve a major crises going on within the different hives, it could follow up on whatever will happen with Chrysalis and the other changelings that will probably happen in the finale.

I would also like to see an episode where Fluttershy and Spike have some decent interaction with each other.

It could involve Fluttershy finally getting over her fears of dragons by going the Dragonlands with Spike and it could also feature the return of Princess Ember.

Maybe it could involve Fluttershy turning into a dragon and them having to find a way to change her back.

I would also like to see a CMC episode featuring an adult blank flank.

There could also be a Scootaloo episode that would be a follow up to Flight to the Finish and have her come to terms with the fact that she will never be able to fly.  This could also be the episode where her parents show up and we could also have a new character introduced who would also be a flightless pegasus.

The finale could be about how all of the mane 6's lives are changing and how they no longer have the amount of time to hang out as much as they want to anymore.

Fluttershy would be busy working on that same kind of natural wildlife preserve from the Breezies episode which would be her new job, the Apple farm would be in the process of becoming a more successful business leaving Applejack with a lot to do, Twilight would be busy with even more Princess duties,  Rarity would be interested in moving to Canterlot to help out with her expanding businesses, Pinkie Pie would possibly inherent Sugarcube Corner, and Rainbow Dash would be going up in the ranks of the Wonderbolts and Spitfire is looking to make Rainbow her successor. 

This would be the series finale.

You stole half of these ideas from me! :P

• Brohoof 1

-I'd have some episodes dedicated to developing Big Mac's character bringing him closer to his goal of his big hero moment that was established back in Brotherhooves Social.

-I'd have episodes focusing on a few background ponies like Derpy.

-I'd have episodes dealing with slices of life on maintaining a healthy diet, dealing with safety, etc.

-I'd have episodes that focus more on other stallions such as Shining Armor, Cheese Sandwich, Dr. Hooves, Zephyr Breeze, etc.

-I'd have a multiparter in which the Mane 6 have to be rescued by 6 side characters which will include cliffhangers that won't be resolved until the next week.

Keep action-oriented episodes reduced to a minimum. They're not impressive anymore and they don't really play to the show's strengths. Specific commitment to smaller-scale premieres and finales, and an emphasis on more sitcom-style episodes like "The Saddle Row Review."

Set an agenda for the main characters at the start of the season. Just because the show can't have a serialized story doesn't mean it can't establish coherent character arcs. Specifically, give RD and Rarity more career-related episodes, and let Twilight deal with the absurd expectations she has of herself.

Get some writers who really like and understand Rainbow Dash up in here, geez. And let Twilight demonstrate personality more often.

More Starlight Glimmer, but more in Twilight episodes than anything. I don't necessarily consider her part of the core friends group at this point.

Take the Cutie Map and destroy it for good, or at least forget it exists. Instead, ponies go to other locations with actual good reasons to do so.

Maybe have non-pony societies who don't need the magic of friendship, though I'd rather just not have that level of worldbuilding at all and focus on character growth.

No more new characters for the main characters to teach. Keep the focus on those we actually care about. Maybe, MAYBE let the CMC still solve cutie mark problems, but none of this "not understanding cutie marks" nonsense.

A few episode ideas:

As mentioned previously, an escalating prank war between Celestia and Luna which ends with heartfelt conversation between the two.

Some kind of episode dealing with the fact that Rainbow Dash and Rarity are probably very recognizable faces by now. Perhaps they need to dodge paparazzi in Canterlot or something. Make it sitcom-y.

Something something Cadance and Shining Armour. I love these characters but admit that they could be afforded a little more depth. Giving them a focus episode could help, though perhaps separate focus episodes would be better.

A simple, mostly conflict-free episode of the mane six having a pizza party it up in Twilight's castle. Possibly near or at the end of the season, just as a demonstration of these characters' personalities bouncing off of each other.

An episode where Twilight starts feeling overwhelmed and turns to the mirror pool in order to be everywhere at once, leading to the various Twilights trying to micromanage each other.

Some sort of Lightning Dust redemption episode where she tries to apologize, perhaps by helping Rainbow out with something significant.

A Mother's Day episode, perhaps involving the mane six trying to find gifts for their moms (AJ getting one for Granny Smith), perhaps also including Scootaloo shopping with RD for her own mother. If allowed, I'd have the Apple kids visit their parents' graves.

• Brohoof 4

Since I'm edgy, I would essentially make MLP: Hellsing Ultimate. An anarchist group led by a unicorn named Commander invade Equestria with the sole intent on destroying the princesses and plunging the world into a complete state of anarchy. It would be a stretch, but I have this idea of bringing the Elements of Harmony back and Commander using Flurryheart as leverage to force the mane 6 to turn Discord back to stone, then making Fluttershy destroy the statue. In fact, I should have an unfinished Fanfiction in my computer somewhere...

OK. It would start with a two-part episode with Daring Do AND Zecora. I think those two characters together would make a great episode. In part one, Daring Do enlists Zecora to help her find some lost treasure, but in the process they accidentally release some kind of dark magic. In part two, they realize what they did and go to get help from the mane 6. Together, they fight back the dark force and seal it away before it is able to do any real damage (or so they think).

Throughout the season, mysterious things start happening all around Equestria. The map sends the mane 6 to various places to fix things, but they can't figure out what is causing it. Twilight figures out that there is a lot of strong dark magic, but has no idea where it is coming from. It builds up to them realizing what the cause is, but not until it is too late. It turns out that the dark magic from the first episode was actually an extremely weakened Sombra trying to free himself. All of the bad things happening throughout the season was all Sombra attempting to gather more strength. In the season finale, Sombra finally makes himself known, and they fight him. This time, they destroy him for good.

It can be improved on, but that is my idea for a whole season.

have the Map have a PURPOSE. Give us some sort of overarching and weighty meta-plot for the season where their actions/missions with the map during the season come full circle in the finale to do something.
Basically, give us a payoff to its existence. After this meta-plot you can go back the WOW daily quest map missions, but give us SOMETHING here to make it feel more important and make it seem like a Worthy successor to the EOH.

Past that: Wind rider and Lightning dust team up return episode; Team up Dash with soarin, and have the two of them beat Lightning dust and WR due to an emphasis on loyalty and teamwork, in order to drive home that they lost not due to being physically inferior but due to moral inferiority and selfishness.

Another trixie Solo episode.

Show us RD's parents.

Try and find SOMETHING to give Fluttershy to focus on in life as a goal, even if its a little thing, so as to open up some more doors for episodes and growth for her.

In addition to that, more discord/fluttershy episodes.

Give us at least 2 adventure episodes in the middle of the season.

make BOTH two parters about the group as a whole instead of being Twilight (or starlight) power hours where the other 5 are cameos.
While we're on that note, kick Starlight to secondary character status and downgrade her screen time heavily.

give us a celestia episode focusing on her role as the headmaster of her school for magical unicorns.

• Brohoof 1

More Doctor Whooves, Derpy, and the other background ponies.

Story wise, I would want to make jt go dark, and the others have to stop hee, and they do, but it is through Starlight's cutie mark spell, then te would be an episode that goes more into celestia and lunas back story, and their past, and more about alicorns in general. And an episode with the return of an old villain, like sambra. And Lightning Dust too.

I would like to make it more of an adventure oriented season, i believe making it something like "Batman: The Brave And The Bold" would be the best choice: make it more action/adventure oriented(because let's face it: action oriented animated shows today are pretty rare) while still keeping it just as child-friendly and lighthearted as it is right now.

I'd also make the show less about facing the villains and more about the journey that leads to that point, here's an example: according to Lauren - at least from what i've heard - the two-parter that kickstarted season 1(and the show as a whole) was supposed to be an overarching plot that would last the whole season. And that's exactly what i'd do: make the whole season a big, crazy adventure. I mean, just look at Equestria: we've got all kinds of opportunities for creative visuals and characters, places like Saddle Arabia and Trottingham which - despite being mentioned here and there - never got to be seen, and as such have room for infinite possibilities; and that's just talking about the places we haven't seen yet: we probably still haven't seen the entirety of places like the Crystal Empire, Canterlot or Manehattan, so just think about all great settings we could find there: the ins and outs of the Canterlot Castle, the deep and dark ice caves below the empire, the hundreds upon hundreds of streets and districs all across Manehattan where every corner is an opportunity to showcase just how large and impressive the city is. It would be great.

Another thing that i think would be fun - both to me and the audience - is making the show more over the top when it's called for: whenever a very dramatic moment comes along, don't have the characters standing, have them posing; don't have them laughing, have them guffawing; don't have them walking, have them striding. Because, as an appreciator of hammy and larger-than-life characters, there's one thing i know more than anything about them: they're fun to watch AND to write, everybody wins, i'm not saying it should be like that all the time - OF COURSE not - only when the moment really calls for it.

One thing that the show does very well and that i would make sure to keep doing is the interactions between characters: each character plays off certain other characters just perfectly, and i would make sure to keep those interactions around and keep  the focus where it belongs and where it currently is: on the characters.

I'd also like to make the villain more of a character while they're still a villain - not only after they're reformed - similarly to how they did it with discord and somewhat with Starlight; because as much as some of us may like them, other villains like Chrysalis, Sunset Shimmer(BEFORE! being reformed), Tirek and Sombra as characters are pretty flat(at least according to whay's canon in the show or movies)....

[sIDETRACKING]and while that's fine and dandy if they plan on further developing them in the future...Truth is that probably won't be the case: we've already got the comics for that, so from a financial point of view it wouldn't make sense: you want people to buy the comics, but they won't need to buy the comics if an episode comes out that does something that was already done in the comics, because if that happened people would be able to just watch the episode for free rather than spending money on the comic book. That could also affect future sales: if an episode came out doing something that was already done in the comics, people would just think: "Well, i don't need to buy the comics, then! i'll just wait until an episode that does the same thing comes out"(It's the same logic used by people who just wait for the movie to come out rather than reading the book, who are usually the majority) and the sales could drop. From an artistic point of view an episode that focused on one of the villains i mentioned would be great, yes, but sometimes you have to sacrifice artistic vision for what will benefit you more in the long run.[/sIDETRACKING]

...So i think it would be nice to have one more villain who's more of a full fledged character.

I would do a whole bunch of other stuff too but this reply is too long already, so this is it for now.

Edited by GreenGreenWhirlWind

For one season, I would take all of the accomplishments of the Mane 6 and toss it aside.  The reason:

I would have an outside force invade Equestria and have Twilight lose EVERYTHING!  And I mean, EVERYTHING!

This outside force would be a young colt emperor from a far away land, with a grand army that dwarfs everything.  Part one of the Premier would focus on the Emperor's invasion of other parts of Equestria from the Crystal Empire and Yakyakistan, to Fillydelphia and Manehattan, to even the Griffin lands and even the land of the Dragons.

Part two would focus on the Mane 6's attempt to defend Ponyville and Canterlot from the young Emperor.  The mane 6 has the Rainbow Power, along with help from 

Spike the Dragon

Starlight Glimmer

Princess Celestia

Princess Luna

Shining Armor and Princess Cadance(Who escaped the capture of the Crystal Empire)

Discord

Sunburst

Dragon Lord Ember

And yet, even with the combined might of the Equestrian Army, as well as the Rainbow Power, they are no match for the Emperor as his army defeats the Equestrian army and he alone defeats the Mane 6. 

Even more so, he somehow manages to not only clip Twilight of her wings, he also takes away her horn, reducing her to an Earth Pony.  Then, he goes as far as to separate Twilight and all her friends from each other to another land: His own land.

Twilight, stripped of her princess status and her magic, would have to traverse this new land, recruiting new allies all while locating old friends.  She would form a rebel alliance all while learning more of the Emperor and why he came to be.  She would also have to restore not just her horn, but also her wings and return to being an Alicorn.  This would last an entire season, with the finale showing the reunited Mane 6 leading the Rebel Alliance against the Emperor, only for both sides to team up when one of the Emperor's advisers double crossed him and is ravaging the entire planet.  Later, it was revealed that this adviser was not only responsible for the death of the Emperor's father, the original Emperor, he's also an escaped prisoner from Tatarus like Tirek was.

Edit: Oh, and said adviser would be voiced by Mark Hamill.

Edited by SaburoDaimando
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, I would rather just make a spinoff series and focus on characters other than the Mane Six. I feel like the Mane Six's stories are already almost done being told...but it would be interesting if we could flesh out the other ponies and characters of Equestria, at which point it would feel like its own show rather than another season. 

• Brohoof 3

I would add these 6 characters into the show with a brand new kingdom where they come were born in and they meet the mane 6 in a way where they'd be caught in the crossfires of a brawl against some vicious predators and the mane 6 help them out. They'll soon discover that these 6 new characters actually have powers of their own despite being earth ponies. Soon they join forces to protect Equestria as a bigger and stronger group than ever before.

post-38374-0-81054600-1472976960_thumb.jpg

My season of My little pony would become very dark and mature, taking on aspects of life of life and extremely tough issues that are very hard to deal with in most shows. Dealing with Depression, suicide, loneliness, excessive anger, obesity, absusive parents or spouses,  alcohol, and drugs and how with the power of simply having good influences, friends and knowing how to deal with life's most challenging problems you can overcome anything.

I'd make it just like season 1 and 2, where the mane six actually go on adventures and save the world and all that shiz. Nowadays, we barely see all of the 6 ponies tackling problems together.

My season of My little pony would become very dark and mature, taking on aspects of life of life and extremely tough issues that are very hard to deal with in most shows. Dealing with Depression, suicide, loneliness, excessive anger, obesity, absusive parents or spouses,  alcohol, and drugs and how with the power of simply having good influences, friends and knowing how to deal with life's most challenging problems you can overcome anything.

If I may expand on this a little.

-I'd say Rainbow Dash would be the best one to tackle an alcohol addiction or maybe using steroids. In Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, she is so bent on getting that cider that it borders on addiction.

-Diamond Tiara and/or Silver Spoon would be best for dealing with abusive parents or neglect to me. With Spoiled Rich in Crusaders of the Lost Mark and Filthy being a busy businessman, I'd say this could set up for a nice broken family dynamic.

-For Lonliness and suicide, I'd say Zephyr would be a good canidate for tackling this issue. Can't quite put my finger on why, but I think he'd be good for it.

-Maybe also deal with racism with Zecora? Get her out of the Everfree for a while?

• Brohoof 1