Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you like about your City?

Vulcan

Pretty damn historical.  I live in the first American colony after all.

I don't live right in a city though, I'm a suburban mouse.  And my neighborhood is pleasant (save for frequent outages and that one time a meth lab was found in an inn).

Edited by Light of Night
  • Brohoof 6

the part i love most is its not a city ^-^ i hate that smoggy concrete cesspool, whenever i go to the city i feel so.. claustrophobic...
i love living on 5 acres :D there is fresh air, trees, birds, turtles in our dam and i can run around on grass and dirt that isn't a park, but instead my private dwelling! its bliss ^-^

Edited by Ju88snow
  • Brohoof 2

It may sound weird, but I like how bad of a reputation my city has. Whenever I leave my city and visit some place else, by just mentioning where I come from, people get this scared vibe from me.

You see, my city is the 4th most populated in my country I believe, so most people know it. Others know it from the news though, with all the robberies and thefts...

It's not so bad though, it just depends on where you're from in the city. As with any other city, there are places that are more dangerous than others.

(By the way, best way to start what could be a nice topic right? ^w^'')

• Brohoof 1

I live in an old part of town. Not too many nightclubs, or especially seedy places for young people here. Totally NOT part of the night scene.

Which is great, because it gives me the peace and quiet i yearn for, allowing me to indulge in my studies and hobbies to my heart's content.

• Brohoof 1

I like its in the mountains and has a ton of woods and wild life.     Its in the last 5 years the local collage is growing way to fast and buying a lot of old down town up to build more dorms.

There isn't a whole lot to like about where I live since it is a small town that is pretty pathetic, but I can think of a few things I like.

-There are many forest areas with trails. These are wonderful to walk through during the day, when the humidity isn't awful.

-We have around 5 different places that make pizza. XD

-We have a river that goes through town that is really nice, we also have a few areas right next to it that are wonderful, like a river deck.

-And I guess the town is peaceful for what it is. I would still prefer to live in a larger city.

• Brohoof 1

I love that we live beside a big lake, so beach time whenever in the summer! Big tourist destination with lots of outdoor activities. Such as hikes, any water sport, wine tasting, golf,  and skiing/snowboarding in the winter. Multiple ski hills in the surrounding area. I feel lucky to have been born here actually. ^^

It is starting to get busier but eh, you deal with it. xP

My town is rather small and I really like that about it. I think that I prefer living in small areas rather than places like cities. Most everyone knows everyone and those you come across are usually very friendly. The town I live in is also very safe. I have done some pretty extensive research on it and very little has ever happened here. Overall, I just enjoy the stillness... I don't like the feeling of a busy enviornment.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly there really isn't much to like about the town near where I live. Granted it does have some nice things with a few good pizza places and it's pretty quiet, but the town is pretty much dying. Not much really here anymore.

I won't say exactly where I live, but I will say that in the 11 years I've lived here, I have never had severe weather (which is pretty much my happiest fantasy come true). I've had 2 tornado warnings before, and nothing ever touched down near me. Never had wind damage either. It's actually sort of ironic considering the state I live in (Illinois) is supposed to get severe weather a lot (well, not really a lot, just slightly above average I guess).

• Brohoof 1

The thing I like most about my City is the fact that it isn't a city but a village. I really don't like to live in a city. To loud, to bright, to hectic, to hot and sticky ... here on the land, it is so wonderful. I like it when I can go on a walk through the village and have my peace. I like it that I don't have heavy and hectic traffic. And I like to watch the stars on a mild summer night. Yes, I am really happy that I don't live in a city. And to be honest, it is enough for me that I must drive into a city when I must go to the university. I don't need to live there.

I like the diversity of where I live.  There are a massive amount of people from Russia, Israel and the Philippines in the area that I live right now.  I also like that there is a waterfront (it is over an hour away by subway though) and there is a very nice riven system with a lot of places to walk.  

What I like about where I live is that it's not a city but rather a small town. It's a REALLY small town with a population of about 1500. I also like that there's a lot of farmland in my small town and not boring skyscrapers and pollution.

My city isn't really a city, more of a college town to be honest. I like that it's fairly medium-sized, easy for me to navigate, and made to accommodate students like me. It's not all smoggy and crowded like a big city.

I live in the southwest suburbs of Chicago and proudly call the place my home city. Chicago is known around the world for two things: Michael Jordan, and organized crime, but we're so much more than that. I wouldn't exchange this city for anything in the world. Yeah, the cops and politicians are crooked, but they always have been. It's a culturally ingrained part of our city. Besides that, though, we have GREAT museums. The Field Museum of Natural History is one of the greatest natural history museums in the world. The Shedd Aquarium, a world renowned fish showcase. And finally, the Adler Planetarium, the first planetarium in the western hemisphere! The Museum of Science and industry, one of the original buildings left over from the Columbian World Exposition, which hosts an original WWII U-Boat! We're the birthplace of the skyscraper! We rise from the ashes of the Great Chicago Fire, a phoenix higher, bigger, and better than ever! And while NYC has Central Park and the Atlantic, we have the nieghborhood parks and the lakefront.The Great Lakes are the largest resource of freshwater in world, and Chicago sits right on the edge of it! We've got plenty of greenspace here, and one park even hosts one of the few free zoos left in the country. Yep, Chicago is a pretty special place. 

(edited)

You ever watch that Dressrosa arc in One Piece where despite the wealth that spreads through the people there is actually a major disparity between the fortunate and the unfortunate? Well, That's my city in a nutshell, You're either living large or barely making a living at all. That's not to say there doesn't exist a middle class, but the lower classes vastly outnumber them.

It's not all terrible in my city though, Healthcare is cheap and education is extremely affordable. You could earn 10 dollars a day and still afford housing, electricity, health care, and education.

What I love most about it is the history and the culture , A lot of the buildings predate the colonial era and many of them have quite the story. The university I study in, for example, is 405 years old! There is also an abundance of trees and forest life here and You don't have to travel far to reach the mountains, which is a plus for me because I happen to like the hiking.

Edited by Crescent Light