Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you like about your City?

Vulcan

My city is okay. Nothing special but nothing sucky

But the city next to mine, McLean, is fancy as fuck. It has 2 malls almost next to each other. 1's .5 miles in length and the other's a galleria for the top 1%. This city is growing so fast. There's so much money in it. Capital One's HQ is right next to the big mall. There's this town of houses filled with fancy as fuck mansions in it. I wish I was rich enough to buy everything they that I could want there

• Brohoof 2

I live in one of the last strongholds of NYC's working class. I like being a bit out of the way of the hustle and bustle and overcrowding of some of the other neighborhoods, and there are some really good people living here. There's a lot of history and some decent parkland where I live, and it isn't far from Manhattan despite our slow public transit. This is one of the few parts of this city where you won't find a Starbucks on every corner and it hasn't been gentrified yet. For all of that, though, I'd still like to move out and see other places.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Anaheim, a big, bustling city and I love it! I can find anything I want here, can do anything I want here, and be anything I want here. If I can't find something I want, all I have to do is look to the greater Los Angeles area and the options increase a hundredfold. The beach is a short drive in one direction, the mountains and desert a short distance the other way. 

Granted, it's expensive, crime-filled and has all the problems you'd find in any major city, but I've tried small town living and that just isn't for me. 

I live in a small city north of Atlanta GA. It is a very old and historical town that also has a nice mix of modern architecture with it. I believe it was established in 1846 so yeah fairly old. It sits by a fairly large lake which is why it is named the lake city. Lot's of cool little shops and small mom and pop diners, and in general just a nice quite friendly city.

I live in a town, and I like that it doesn't have a lot of hustle and bustle. It's known for its down to earth people and the crime rate is pretty low. I'd say I really like how there are horses everywhere, so that there are plenty of opportunities to go riding (as I don't own one myself)! One drawback, though, is that it can get boring around town, as there aren't too many things to do. There's a major city about an hour's drive away, though, with plenty of fun activities. ^^

I live in Anaheim, a big, bustling city and I love it! I can find anything I want here, can do anything I want here, and be anything I want here. If I can't find something I want, all I have to do is look to the greater Los Angeles area and the options increase a hundredfold. The beach is a short drive in one direction, the mountains and desert a short distance the other way. 

Granted, it's expensive, crime-filled and has all the problems you'd find in any major city, but I've tried small town living and that just isn't for me. 

Well, I live on the border of Newport Beach and Irvine. There is a ridiculous amount of malls here, namely the Irvine Spectrum, Fashion Island, and right outside the two cities there's the South Coast Plaza, and a lot of large mansions especially since a lot of millionaires live against the coast. Irvine has a UC and its population is skyrocketing; we just increased 50K in population within five years. It's population growth is mostly caused by the Irvine Company, however, since they endlessly build on swaths of "planned" estate land. The estate prices are expensive, too, and you don't get a whole lot of room for your houses here.

Both cities don't have a lot of crime, mostly because people are on average richer than anywhere else in Orange County. A good deal of the population are Asian, mostly Korean or Chinese immigrants and second-generations. There are way too many Asian and Indian restaurants here. 

There are some special locations there, namely the Irvine Spectrum, Fashion Island, Corona Del Mar, Balboa Island, the Great Park (formerly a USAF base during the Cold War and WWII), Old Town Irvine, UC Irvine, and Mariner's Church – Irvine/Newport Beach. 

Also, driving sucks. The I-405 is congested. Every day. Even on weekends.

I live in a smaller town than I did before, and I'm not sure I really like it. The big stores I need to get to are all on the other side of town and it's just too far of a walk to make. We don't even have a Target, either! None of the stores on my side of town have the lime sparkling water I like and now I'm out. T.T

I guess the one thing I've noticed is that it gets cooler during the night than it does back home. I might get to see a freeze earlier and later than I did before! If we get any freezes this year at all.

The city my university is in is a relatively humble one, close to one of the biggest tourist traps in the state, but it remains bearable for the most part of the year'.

However I rather enjoy the small suburb area at home, and the actual city itself is very nice for the most part, lots of history and an small interesting shops and the like.

It's humble and we are not one of the massive state capitals like some states. It's a nice balance. 

Rochester, NY?

Canada's a couple hours away from my house.

There's quite a few good colleges near by like RIT, UofR, MCC, Brockport University, and GCC.

It's an excellent city to live in if you don't mind the blizzards during the winter.

Everything is so close together. I live in Sydney and it's really convenient how compact it is. Despite it being pretty populous, (20% of Australia's population lives in this one city), it's fairly quiet before and after midday. And everyone here is extremely nice; everyone has that 'neighbour next door' personality.

I don't live in a city. It's actually more like a spec of dust in the middle of nowhere; only 300 people. I can't really think of anything that I particularly like. I guess that there's enough room out here to own horses. Also the fire station gives out free food lol

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, Blivy said:

Nothing! I really wanna move back to small town life! 

Same here! There is honestly, nothing I like about my city. I miss living in small town population 400 :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1