Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Would Your Magic Power Be?

Starlight1357

What you're describing is actually omniscience, not omnipotence.

sorry my brain is not completely in "gear".... I know what I was thinking, just not how to say it...lol

I still would like to have it, it would help me spell the right words...

I would rather travel, that would be better.... but as I said before, "all" isn't enough...lol

The ability to absorb knowledge from other people. Complex ideas, theories, concepts, secrets that can topple governments and entire skillsets would be mine alone to hold, and perhaps share.

I love learning, and knowing, and i can think of nothing i would enjoy more.

• Brohoof 1

Floating. I could say "flying" instead, but that would suggest that I'd fly up into the sky and go long distances. I just wanna get from place to place without walking. 

It's a thing I do in my dreams all the time. It's a thing I've always wanted to do. Just, lift my legs up off the ground, without falling, and continue on with whatever I'm doing. I guess phasing through objects and walls would be cool, too.

• Brohoof 1

Floating. I could say "flying" instead, but that would suggest that I'd fly up into the sky and go long distances. I just wanna get from place to place without walking. 

It's a thing I do in my dreams all the time. It's a thing I've always wanted to do. Just, lift my legs up off the ground, without falling, and continue on with whatever I'm doing. I guess phasing through objects and walls would be cool, too.

Douglas Adams wrote of learning to fly by being so distracted at the point of falling, that you forget to hit the ground. Arthur Dent learned how to fly by spotting a suitcase he lost years earlier while he was falling in a landslide on a distant planet. I do have to read "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" again soon!

Oh, and I do like how when Twilight teleports, we get a "bang" from the air she displaces.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

• 2 weeks later...

Telekinesis is more realistic power to obtain.. but if i got to choose, it would be between throwing fireballs from your hand, or the ability to fly (but flying is just an advanced telekinesis, 'cause you'll be using you're mind to levitate yourself in the air..)

I would want the power to always know people's true intentions.

I constantly get the feeling that people are making fun of me at school, but I can never figure out what those people's actual opinions are. This power would be really helpful to me in daily life, and it isn't very obvious either. If people are wondering about why I am suddenly so good at reading people, I can just say that I can tell because of their faces.

The greatest kind of powers in my opinion would be flying or shapeshifting. Flying because then I wouldn't need to walk all that much and also because it would probably feel really refreshing to fly around. I could also entertain people by doing cool tricks.  :icwudt:

Shapeshifting because it would be awesome to be able to turn into a monster or something. Could I just have both powers?

I wanna be OP Twilight (from that Tirek two-parter). Or Sombra. Or Discord. Or, barring ponepowers, I'd like to control gravity. That way, in addition to being able to fly, move things quasi-telekinetically, tweak relative distances/spans of time, and warp reality (providing warping spacetime = warping reality), I could help them physicist guys figure out a Theory of Everything (by participating in gravity-related experiments) and win a Nobel Prize or something for my contributions to theoretical physics. :D

Actually, come to think of it, most magical powers would result in the entirety of the world's population being jealous of me and/or trying to destroy me because I'm too great of a threat to them. Taking this into consideration, the power I'd like to have is the ability to smack people upside the head, regardless of how far away they are or how many other people I'm smacking simultaneously. Easy to keep secret and ridiculously practical.

For best effects, use on disliked politicians while they're in the middle of a speech. :-P

Edited by Duality

Talking to animals! Always been that, probably always will be. Elemental manipulation is probably the runner up, but real talk - why shoot fire when you can ride dolphins at will?

Time manipulating. The strongest weapon in the arsenal of ANYTHING, time. There is no other power that could be stronger than this. It gives you a lot of fighting power, with some other general uses in life, like reversing your problems and fails, getting to know the answers and stuff like that.

As cheesy as it maybe, if I could have any one magical power. I think I would just want to be able to bestow a state of peace onto others. While it would be great to be able to fly, control time, be super fast or strong. I really just want to be able to see others happy. I know bit of a pipe dream but still.... That's the only power I think I would really like to have. 

• Brohoof 1

Is omnipotence an answer or a cop-out? In my dreams I always turn into birds,  inter-dimensional travel (similar to time travel but you can move anywhere, along with anywhen) or the capacity to spontaneously create a dimension and rip a hole in space, complete with welcome mat to wipe your feet on where within this dimension exists a world run on my imagination that can be stepped in and out of with a thought.

Edited by fredpaisley

• 2 weeks later...

I would take whatever Discord's power is. If I can't, I would choose either the ability to control time in every aspect or the same power Purple man have (marvel). And if talking "realistic" powers, I would either pick super-intelligence, or the power to instantly learn and never forget anything I see/read/hear...

After looking at all of these posts, I'm really happy with my first decision. All of these other powers would bring so much attention to you. You'd either become a tool for others to use and abuse, a target of assassination or hate, or some beacon of hope for people. There's too much stress in all that. The only good power to have is one that keeps you sane. I think anything too flashy, obvious, or exploitable could end up messing with your head either through the megalomania, stress, or fear. Personal opinion, though.

• 2 months later...