66 users have voted

1. 1. PaintBall or Airsoft

• PaintBall
    • Airsoft
    • neither
    • other

(edited)

Double post thread?

Ah well, I still prefer my BB Gun or any real gun.

Airsoft is a poor substitute but paintball is alright.

Edited by Chigens
  • Brohoof 2

There aren't too many places to go airsoft where I live so I haven't really gotten the opportunity to play it, but I would have to say that airsoft is better of the two, chiefly due to the fact that the guns look more realistic.

• Brohoof 1

Paint ball is more fun, but I prefer airsoft.

Guns and ammo are cheaper, and the guns are smaller so you can get a trench coat and a bunch of pistols and stuff and be Neo (I've done this before. A couple dudes with huge coats full of pockets, and like 6 guns each. It was badass).

Although, the funniest thing I have ever done was a 3 day paintball war game. We had a huge piece of forest to play on, with two five man teams. Capture the flag style. We had to set up camp, manage our food and ammo, guard our perimeters. We had day and night battles. We couldn't have permadeath since each team was only 5 people, so we just had half hour respawn, and whoever killed you could take a certain amount of ammo from you. Most epic game ever. Expensive, though. Lots of CO2 and paintballs :)

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

The Multi post was a accident i was trying to ad a poll.

Double post thread?

Ah well, I still prefer my BB Gun or any real gun.

Airsoft is a poor substitute but paintball is alright.

Edited by NearPaw Lightz

Why not the real thing? B)

Kidding aside, probably airsoft. I don't want to have to change my clothes after a match, thank you very much.

• Brohoof 3

Paintball is just a royal pain in my plot, and airsoft guns almost always break the first month you buy them. I can never get an airsoft gun thats durable. Thats why I choosed other,and switched to real guns. I own a .22 LR Marlin model 795 with telescopic sights(sniper scope).

• Brohoof 1

I have never really played airsoft to an extent where it would count (as in, going somewhere with a bunch of people or a large amount of friends), and i have never played paintball. In general though i like the idea of airsoft more because for one the guns look better, and i like the idea of shooting pellets at eachother more than shooting balls of paint at eachother. Also i know a lot more about airsoft, so i guess i'm biased lol :P

(edited)

I've never tried paintball, but I used to do airsofting with my friends. The problem I have with airsoft is that sometimes you can't feel getting shot, and then there will be an argument about did you get shot or not.

One of my best memories is when I went to a pretty big airsoft battle in the middle of winter. We stayed outside for about 8 hours in the forest while the weather was freezing ^_^. Thankfully I survived out of it alive with nothing but frozen toes and fingers :)

Edited by Acleps

Although, the funniest thing I have ever done was a 3 day paintball war game. We had a huge piece of forest to play on, with two five man teams. Capture the flag style. We had to set up camp, manage our food and ammo, guard our perimeters. We had day and night battles. We couldn't have permadeath since each team was only 5 people, so we just had half hour respawn, and whoever killed you could take a certain amount of ammo from you. Most epic game ever. Expensive, though. Lots of CO2 and paintballs :)

Apart from the cost, that sounds awesome.

Pros and cons

I've always played paintball the longest and ran a shop for awhile too, head referee for 2 years under my bra lol

On the field I worked at, they offered both airsoft and paintball play.

Airsoft tends to be cheaper, but from watching it, heavily relies too much on the honor system...and there is no such thing from what I've seen. It is rare, but for the most part, players are very disgruntle about the whole concept. Also too many batteries in wet environments tend to kill any real aspect of war games.

Paintball, there is no worry of such thing, fast paced, but also more dirty and expensive. Better to own your own gear.

Both can be physically demanding, and harmful if players don't abide by the rules.

• Brohoof 1

I only use the real thing.A steel plate Ak47 with scoped sights.

My brother has a UMP. 45. Lucky man, it's a beauty to shoot! I like airsoft for its competative side. So I can simulate a battle without the destruction and shell shock of real war. Has anyone seen a shell shock victim? Scary shit.

My brother has a UMP. 45. Lucky man, it's a beauty to shoot! I like airsoft for its competative side. So I can simulate a battle without the destruction and shell shock of real war. Has anyone seen a shell shock victim? Scary shit.

No,but I have seen a man who was just standing there and minding his own business-AND THEN BOOM!Killed by a terrorist bomb going off.Let me tell you the way he flew off into the air would have made superman jealous and I was there,watching him the whole time.

No,but I have seen a man who was just standing there and minding his own business-AND THEN BOOM!Killed by a terrorist bomb going off.Let me tell you the way he flew off into the air would have made superman jealous and I was there,watching him the whole time.

Christ! No one should have to see that. Musta been tough.