PaintBall or Airsoft?

NearPaw Lightz

66 users have voted

1. 1. PaintBall or Airsoft

• PaintBall
    • Airsoft
    • neither
    • other

My friends and I have airsoft wars (10+ people) every few months so I would have to choose airsoft. I prefer the more realism involved in airsoft than in paintball, but that's just me being raised as a hunter and around military/law enforcement my entire life.

• Brohoof 2

Christ! No one should have to see that. Musta been tough.

Nah,living in my country makes you get used to this kind of stuff.

As for why I like real guns:

I feel like a total badass when firing a real gun even though I'm just shooting special light weight bullets for safety and I'm just firing at paper targets of humans and other objects.With nerf,you have more fun when your playing in those team battles with your friends but I don't find any fun in it.

Now with the airsoft,I find them better than nerf but still it's not the same as a real gun.So,that is why I always prefer a real lead-loading gun to nerf or airsoft any day.

• Brohoof 1

Nah,living in my country makes you get used to this kind of stuff.

As for why I like real guns:

I feel like a total badass when firing a real gun even though I'm just shooting special light weight bullets for safety and I'm just firing at paper targets of humans and other objects.With nerf,you have more fun when your playing in those team battles with your friends but I don't find any fun in it.

Now with the airsoft,I find them better than nerf but still it's not the same as a real gun.So,that is why I always prefer a real lead-loading gun to nerf or airsoft any day.

Well I know what you mean. The recoil, firepower... When you have an intense load out, Gas blowback shtuff. It's really rewarding on recoil, also when you have your camo, and having huge domination battles on acres of land. Delicious dude.

• 3 weeks later...

I play paintball every now and then, but not at a compedative level.

I try to do either whenever I can, but still not very much. There's an outdoor airsoft/paintballl field only 5min from me and I'm out of school so hope I go soon :ph34r:

• 7 months later...

I've only played Paintball, so I can't really make a decision, but oh well.

I've played paintball maybe 5 or 6 times. The last 2 times I've played, something's gone weong. Either my goggles fog up, my gun gets jammed, or I'll spill one of my canisters of balls. When I can actually play, it's fun and an Adrenaline Rush. Airsoft honestly doesn't sound as fun, so I'm going with paintball. But I do want to give Airsoft a shot sometimes. There just aren't any Airsoft places near where I live, that I know of.

Paintball every time. I have done both but I have to be honest, I didn't enjoy airsoft ever since I took a shot to the neck. Luckily it had ricocheted into my neck otherwise there would have been a lot of screaming.

I play paintball quite regularly and I've played airsoft several times. Personaly paintball is more for me as as its much more casual and you can play some really silly game modes with it. Plus people are less likely to cheat in paintball because the stewards can easily tell if you've been hit or not.

A few times that I've been to airsoft I've loved it but you tend to get people who take it far too serious for my liking and just shout at you for doing something they see wrong. 

Neither hurt that much unless you get hit somewhere like the back of your neck, and with paintball the pace I go to has got some good guns you can rent very cheaply. They also have a game mode at the end of the day where you go into an arena and just use up all your paintballs with no objective  :).

Edited by Aaramus
  • Brohoof 1

Never played AirSoft, even though I would at least like some guns to shoot in my back yard, since its safer now that there is a 9 year old girl with us.

I've played paintball a couple of times and enjoyed it. Played when I went on a fall trip with my church and loved it.

And strangely, even though I have taken no cover and just laid down on the grown with no camouflage, I've only been hit once, and I wasn't stuck in a vulnerable place and the ball didn't burst.

I've only played airsoft with my friends, but I've always wanted to play some paintball.  I never had an airsoft gun, so my friend always lent me one of his, either a full auto Uzi, or an M-14.

You know, I've never done either before. Kind of strange given my love of and affinity for weapons. Maybe I can get the brony meetup group I hang with to go paintballing sometime. I don't even know if any of them have ever done it.

I have a paintball gun and an airsoft gun. I do prefer my paintball gun though. ;)

I remember before my best friend moved away we used to go out into the wilderness with our paintball guns and have firefights without and protective gear or anything. No goggles or padding. His mom would always get pissed when we walked back to his house covered in welts where we were shot in our bare skin by each others paintballs. Good times....

:P

i went airsofting last friday, it was awesome! but this time i invited two other guys. one was from work and the other was his friend. we all had a great time and they enjoyed their first time going. we all hope to start a small four man squad. i hope so too. im not really a team player, but i enjoyed going with other and not just myself. they were a little mad at the cheaters but other than that they had fun.

• 10 months later...

Paintball!

Its super fun! sure it hurts like hell... and 99.9% of the time I lose... because I don't like to shoot other ponies.. but at the end of the day I still have a lot of fun playing it.. because I got to play with my good friends and that's what really counts.. it's not If you win or lose.. but if you had fun and you had fun with your friends.

Edited by Princess Pinkie Pie