Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Painting my OC - WIP

Katze

Getting close, only the hair and fine tuning left.

This is the first time I have tried this style, and I'm really loving it!

I'm posting this at 3:00 AM just after I stopped painting... so I'm going to sleep, so I wont respond for a few hours  :P

post-37786-0-73035300-1472489420_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miamora Cadenza
  • Brohoof 2

Not bad, not bad at all. You have a good idea on anatomy and perspective. However I would avoid choosing to shade with black. Black hardly exists in real life as every shadow is made up of varying degrees of reflected light. Everything has a colour. If you consider what kinds of colour are connecting to your subject, you'll have a much livelier drawing.

Even in neutral and simpler(simpler in topic, not technique) drawings such as this, colour is always important. Rather than going from that green fur and shading with a green that has x% more black, instead choose a green that starts moving into a deeper blue. Considering the image below: Rather than picking a base colour and then moving directly up or down for your shade/highlight, move gradually in a diagonal direction towards your shade/highlight. So if you've got a base green, you might start shading with a lush green-blue, and finishing with a solid deep blue.

Essentially, when going for realism and detail, colour is your friend. There is a reason black and white are considered extremes. :P

color-picker.png

Edited by Unikitty