Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TrotMania Euphorius preview

Lirodon

As some of you may be aware, I am involved in a TrotMania - a pony-related StepMania (read: like DDR) project (i.e. songs, a theme, and other aspects. Maybe even crazy TaroNuke-style script courses too?) that me and some friends (including, but not limited to, Woona, InklingBear, and others who may or may not be on here) have been doing for a few years now.

Today, I posted the first beta/"preview" of the new, fourth version we are working on, which is known as Euphorius; although we do have more songs either done or in progress, I chose to focus on just five of them so we'd have a good spread of difficulty in this preview. We're mainly looking for critique on them, especially from other people who are involved in the StepMania community and/or are familiar with dance games.

You can find the download link here.

Out of curiosity... Since Step Mania is really just an arrow themed game, exactly what about your game makes it distinctly... Pony related?

Out of curiosity... Since Step Mania is really just an arrow themed game, exactly what about your game makes it distinctly... Pony related?

Well, tbh I don't see how this is even a question..

There's a theme that's pony related and all songs in it have everything to do with ponies so...

Basically, anyone can ponify anything these days haha.

Edited by InklingBear

(edited)

Oh, and the arrows have horseshoes on them too.

b7C2R2O.png

We've already had a version out, but I've been poking around with the new version of SM currently under development. Pretty cool under-the-hood changes.

Edited by Lirodon
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Make it harder and give it a four-hooved mode.

Translation: I want hands and quads

Maybe on special occassions, but we mainly stick to DDR-style charts, and DDR never used hands. Closest thing they had was on the Solo version, which had a 6-panel mode song with a 74-96 jump (i.e. look at your numpad)

Although, we are making things harder, come to think of it.

Edited by Lirodon

Translation: I want hands and quads

Maybe on special occassions, but we mainly stick to DDR-style charts, and DDR never used hands. Closest thing they had was on the Solo version, which had a 6-panel mode song with a 74-96 jump (i.e. look at your numpad)

Although, we are making things harder, come to think of it.

I once saw Trotmania, a Beatmania skin that had a four-hooved mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just recently discovered your project, and I think it's awesome! Even greater to find out now that there'll be yet a newer version. Can't wait!  :P

...and it runs on Arch Linux beautifully by the way.

Edited by Keystroke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...