Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Starlight Glimmer and the Secret Suite

NeonCobalt

So, I've actually never read any of these before, but I figured that because I do like Starlight a lot, it would be worth checking out. It was actually pretty good in my opinion! A bit short, though. I found the plot to be really interesting and unique, and the characters were written well. For those who have read it, what did you think?

• Brohoof 1

@@NeonCobalt

Considering this is new material with spoilers the appropriate tag was added.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 1

I thought the story was very enjoyable!

I could literally hear Starlight Glimmer's voice with every word!

The self-conscious sarcasm/shy jokes were spot on!

Pretty great message

Pretty dang funny

tho sometimes it felt like not much was going on.

However, G.M. did a great job to use much of that time to really delve deep into the character's mindset, mainly, Starlight Glimmer

REALLY LOVED IT!

9 out of 10

• 10 months later...

I really loved this one. The conflict between Twilight and Starlight was one that's been hinted in the show but never really explored, both of them were really well written, and it was really funny.

Yeah, nothing really happened, but I sometimes feel high concepts and drama occasionally just distract from the nice little character stuff that drew me to the show in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of many cases where I wish the book would be longer, but it's the format that's at fault, not G.M. Berrow's writing style.  A book that's closer to the length of a typical novel is one thing that's on my MLP wish-list.  I really like the moral here, and the idea of Twilight's castle having a room of requirement is kind of neat.  As usual, the pacing is a little fast, but I'm beating a dead horse at this point.  Oh, and messing with time spells of any kind is almost never a good idea.

• Brohoof 1