Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Would Happen If Too Much Equestrian Magic Got Into The EG World?

OmegaBeamOfficial

So, this is a legitimate question concerning magic in the EG world. We've already seen the kind of chaos and havoc it can cause, and it must not be the only instance considering the first Equestria characters to enter the EG world were the Sirens. What I've noticed is that the more magic gets into this world, the more weird stuff seems to happen. Take the Humane 6 for example. They went from only being able to use their powers when the plot calls for it in the first movie, to being able to use it whenever they play their instruments in Rainbow Rocks, and then to just straight up being able to use their magic whenever they please in Friendship Games. In the first movie, the only magic in the area of the school was the magic from Sunset Shimmer and Twilight, which would make it make sense for the magic to not be that strong. In the second movie the other Humane characters have pretty much acquired that power and Twilight came back, then you also have the Dazzlings and Sunset Shimmer, so that makes 8 magical characters in the same place. Lastly, in friendship games, you see even more magic, because FIM Twilight was back for like five seconds, SciTwi and Midnight Sparkle became a thing, making it yet again 8 characters who can use Equestrian magic. That's a lot of magic! I've dragged on a bit but the point I'm trying to make is that maybe something bad might happen if too much Equestrian magic ends up in the EG world, but what it is, or even if what I'm saying holds true or not, is still in question. So what do you think? Will LOE address this, or possibly another movie in the future? Does what I'm saying even make sense? Leave a reply.

Remember when Midnight Sparkle almost destroyed reality in the climax to Friendship Games. I imagine something similar to that would happen, but on a larger scale.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. It's kinda weird how it happened though. I mean, it wasn't exactly destroying reality, but opening a rift into the pony world, which somehow rips up a part of the EG world... Man, the more I think about it the more it makes my head spin...

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. It's kinda weird how it happened though. I mean, it wasn't exactly destroying reality, but opening a rift into the pony world, which somehow rips up a part of the EG world... Man, the more I think about it the more it makes my head spin...

. I think of it as by ripping over portals to Equestria, it lead to the destruction of the EQG dimension in order to happen.
  • Brohoof 2

Not only the connection between the two worlds becoming closer, the magic may cause the two worlds to combine each other in time and space. The effects of Equestrian magic may influence and change the human world and thus allowing it to transform into present Equestria. Humans would have to adapt to the changes whether or not if the ponies would too but essentially they would have to coexist with each other and their combined world.

• Brohoof 1

Then Human world would become a Fantasy human world WHICH IS HORRIBLE

Aw, come on. Not all Fantasy human worlds are horrible. Remember Lord Of The Rings?

Not only the connection between the two worlds becoming closer, the magic may cause the two worlds to combine each other in time and space. The effects of Equestrian magic may influence and change the human world and thus allowing it to transform into present Equestria. Humans would have to adapt to the changes whether or not if the ponies would too but essentially they would have to coexist with each other and their combined world.

That is something I'd like to see! It'll probably never happen in a movie, but It'd be pretty amusing to say the least. Though I'm thinking if the worlds combined they'd turn into some kind of wacky mix up of the two worlds. Only problem with that though, is with all the magic around the humans might even turn into ponies, and then the ponies have been doubled! That would be madness!

. I think of it as by ripping over portals to Equestria, it lead to the destruction of the EQG dimension in order to happen.

OK, that's fine then, but then why Isn't that the case with the mirror portal?

• Brohoof 1

. Kind of like how Korra left the spirit portal open and for the last two seasons humans and spirits had to learn to live together. I would be interested in seeing something like this happen. It could even make for a great premise for an EQG TV series.
  • Brohoof 2

. Kind of like how Korra left the spirit portal open and for the last two seasons humans and spirits had to learn to live together. I would be interested in seeing something like this happen. It could even make for a great premise for an EQG TV series.

Same here. But sadly, I don't think Hasbro will ever make a TV show for EG. Ah well, I can live without one, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see one, this whole idea is sounding pretty neat.

• 4 weeks later...

I figure the same thing would happen in the movies as what happened in the Reflections arc of the comics. The barrier between the worlds would start to fall apart and possibly destroy both worlds as a consequence. Because of this, I think that ultimately Sunset will have to go back to Equestria because her presence in the human world is one of the destabilizing factors, perhaps even the biggest one.

• Brohoof 1

Well...judging from the final scene from Legend of Everfree with the portal having been ruptured by the destruction of the Wondercolt statue, allowing Equestrian magic to leak out at will without the statue to cork it, it will be interesting to see what this means in the future and as to whether or not this could mean trouble down the road and convince Sunset to return home to restore the balance.

• Brohoof 2

I'm thinking that after watching the film, I think that EQ may as well become Equestria like it being a fully magical land. It does seem to have a lot of the same magical qualities as a typical FiM episode. Sure, most humans just stand around but most ponies just stand around when a crisis hits anyway so pretty much the same thing.

• Brohoof 2

I figure the same thing would happen in the movies as what happened in the Reflections arc of the comics. The barrier between the worlds would start to fall apart and possibly destroy both worlds as a consequence. Because of this, I think that ultimately Sunset will have to go back to Equestria because her presence in the human world is one of the destabilizing factors, perhaps even the biggest one.

Whoa, sounds like the comics can get HEAVY! 0_0

Well...judging from the final scene from Legend of Everfree with the portal having been ruptured by the destruction of the Wondercolt statue, allowing Equestrian magic to leak out at will without the statue to cork it, it will be interesting to see what this means in the future and as to whether or not this could mean trouble down the road and convince Sunset to return home to restore the balance.

Yeah, I'm really stoked to see what caused that magic leak, maybe It'll be explained in the Season 6 finale. I don't think Sunset should leave though, after 3 movies of her on the good side now, Equestria Girls Isn't the same without her.

My theory? Mythological creatures become real. And the Dazzlings might get their power back... or the could if their pendants weren't broken.

Meh. While the Dazzlings were my favourite EG villains, I think we need to stick to a new villain for each movie, maybe with call backs to other villains though, like how Legend Of Everfree sort of brought back Midnight Sparkle.

I'm thinking that after watching the film, I think that EQ may as well become Equestria like it being a fully magical land. It does seem to have a lot of the same magical qualities as a typical FiM episode. Sure, most humans just stand around but most ponies just stand around when a crisis hits anyway so pretty much the same thing.

That would be pretty cool to see. I wonder what the reaction would be of the public at large. The world suddenly becoming all magical would be a real game changer, and then again, there are those who could use the magic for evil...

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I'm really stoked to see what caused that magic leak, maybe It'll be explained in the Season 6 finale. I don't think Sunset should leave though, after 3 movies of her on the good side now, Equestria Girls Isn't the same without her.

Meh. While the Dazzlings were my favourite EG villains, I think we need to stick to a new villain for each movie, maybe with call backs to other villains though, like how Legend Of Everfree sort of brought back Midnight Sparkle.

That would be pretty cool to see. I wonder what the reaction would be of the public at large. The world suddenly becoming all magical would be a real game changer, and then again, there are those who could use the magic for evil...

With the new villain thing...

Now that you mention it, they could introduce a human Sombra, Chrysalis, or Tirek.

• Brohoof 1

The comics are darker than the show and have more humor that's geared towards adults, as well as more references. Some arcs are really good, but others are really hit and miss. I personally consider Reflections one of the best arcs, but I know some other people who didn't like it at all.

• Brohoof 1

With the new villain thing...

Now that you mention it, they could introduce a human Sombra, Chrysalis, or Tirek.

That'd be pretty cool, if we're talking human versions of more MLP characters though, I'd like to see Discord more than anyone else.

I agree. Sunset has become a major part of Equestria Girls, and her going home would probably be the end of the Equestria Girls without her there to keep it going. However, if like with the previous movies, the Season 6 finale explains the magic leak from the portal seen at the end of Legend of Everfree, that will be interesting to see what actually leads to it.

• Brohoof 1

Oh well. To each their own.

That's the magic of opinions.

I agree. Sunset has become a major part of Equestria Girls, and her going home would probably be the end of the Equestria Girls without her there to keep it going. However, if like with the previous movies, the Season 6 finale explains the magic leak from the portal seen at the end of Legend of Everfree, that will be interesting to see what actually leads to it.

Yeah, it makes me more excited just thinking about it.

The comics are darker than the show and have more humor that's geared towards adults, as well as more references. Some arcs are really good, but others are really hit and miss. I personally consider Reflections one of the best arcs, but I know some other people who didn't like it at all.

I've never read them myself, mainly because I can't get them in my area, but they sound interesting.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it makes me more excited just thinking about it.

Yeah, same here, and with the finale only a few weeks away, it will be interesting to see what happens as Starlight takes command of a mission to save the Mane Six and Equestria as well and whether that ties into Legend of Everfree or not.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yeah, same here, and with the finale only a few weeks away, it will be interesting to see what happens as Starlight takes command of a mission to save the Mane Six and Equestria as well and whether that ties into Legend of Everfree or not.

Oh yes, seeing more Starlight development would line up perfectly with Sunset's development in Legend Of Everfree, but now I'm also interested to see how she'll do in command. I mean, when we aren't looking at her bad intentions and just look at how she was doing in the S5 Premiere, Starlight made a damn good leader, I'd love to see her leading skills applied as a force for good.

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial
  • Brohoof 1

Oh yes, seeing more Starlight development would line up perfectly with Sunset's development in Legend Of Everfree, but now I'm also interested to see how she'll do in command. I mean, when we aren't looking at her bad intentions and just look at how she was doing in the S5 Premiere, Starlight made a damn good leader, I'd love to see her leading skills applied as a force for good.

Yeah, I agree. Seeing who she rounds up as her unlikely allies to take command of to save the Mane Six so they can go Rainbow Power on the villain of the Season 6 finale will be interesting. Just like Sunset acting as leader of the Rainbooms and helping them out with their new powers and human Twilight with getting control of her magic as well to help stop Gloriosa.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I agree. Seeing who she rounds up as her unlikely allies to take command of to save the Mane Six so they can go Rainbow Power on the villain of the Season 6 finale will be interesting. Just like Sunset acting as leader of the Rainbooms and helping them out with their new powers and human Twilight with getting control of her magic as well to help stop Gloriosa.

Yeah, I wonder who they mean by unlikely allies...

• Brohoof 1