Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most dissapointing pony merch you've purchased?

ManaMinori

Have you guys ever bought a piec of pony merch (whether official or fan made), only to find yourself dissapointed with what you purchased?

For me, it was finding 4 g3 mlp DVD's at a Goodwill, thinking I had hit the jackpot- only to find that one of them- which I only paid $2 for....was a stinkin' 11 minutes long. What a ripoff! (Pinkie, I love ya, but your "special day" should have a longer run time!)

What pony purchases have you guys found yourself being disappointed with?

• Brohoof 1

The first piece of brony merchandise I've ever purchased was a toboggan (beanie). At first I liked it, but over time, I've grown to dislike it. I don't wear it anymore.

my-little-pony-brony-cuff-beanie-5.jpg

The huge "BRONY" word on the front seems too tacky and unnecessary. If it just had the Rainbow Dash emblem on it without the words, I'd wear it more often.

I bought 2 Rainbow Dash kites, one for flying and one for keeps. When I took one out in the wind it was rather flimsy and every time the kite crash landed I would call it "Rainbow Crash". Neverless, I just kept it as a merch of collection rather than using for it's original purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much any Rainbow Dash merch I've bought....since none of the brushables nor any of the blind bags..or most of her other merch for that matter, get her mane and tail right wrong colours in wrong spots and missing colours all together.....The one exception to this is the TY plush I have of her...which actually has show accurate colours. But I still buy her merch because she's my 2nd fave pony.

Another was one of those "POP" snap together Pony kits...The ones where you could swap manes/tails and wings onto different ponies...the one I got of Fluttershy had a really off mane and tail...I Only paid $2 for her at a Dollar store so not much of a big deal. But I"ve seen a newer version of Flutters of that series with a proper mane and tail...but hadn't bothered to pick it up..

Edited by Flutter Baby <3
  • Brohoof 1

A pack of MLP trading cards.  

It was quite the impulse buy on my part (especially because I saw it had a big Rarity theme), and while it wasn't at all disappointment of the merchandise itself, it was the fact that only after buying it had I realized I had NOBODY to play with.  So the cards just kind of sat in its box, doing nothing.

I really need to work on the impulse buys.

I don't have a lot of pony merch. Mostly a few key chains and pins, but I also bought a few of the Funko vinyl figures before they stopped producing them. They were mostly really good, but the Dr Hooves figure had some flaws that once notices can't be un-noticed. It is my least favorite of my pony merch.

Way back in the day I ended up with a shirt that had an off-color Twilight, however it wasn't a very expensive shirt so I did not particularly mind. Though most all of the shirts I have have long since been retired. 

mlp-trixie-watch-in-awe-vinyl-statue.jpg

This this is my biggest disappointment. The Cutie mark is on the side facing away from you but not the leg that actually matters that is the facing side. If I can find a master painter who can do art well enough I might have to pay them to paint the cutie mark on the correct side. 

• 4 weeks later...

This this is my biggest disappointment. The Cutie mark is on the side facing away from you but not the leg that actually matters that is the facing side. If I can find a master painter who can do art well enough I might have to pay them to paint the cutie mark on the correct side. 

Google 'clear sticker printing' choose one of the sites, get an alpha cutiemark image and order up!  Custom printing sites usually have image sizing tools and whatnot as well.  Might require an exacto-knife and a steady hand to really look good.

Edited by Earthenhoof
  • Brohoof 1

I got a pony Rainbow Dash from the Kinder Surprise Egg and this thing just isn't balanced properly and keeps falling. And the little stand they come with doesn't help either, the figurine can't even fit well into that one :/

Google 'clear sticker printing' choose one of the sites, get an alpha cutiemark image and order up!  Custom printing sites usually have image sizing tools and whatnot as well.  Might require an exacto-knife and a steady hand to really look good.

oh thank you for that. I will give it a try. 

im gonna say the hasbro pop figures. the first dashie i bought...the wings didnt even match =/ so i had to wait for luna or the updated dash packs to get the correct wings for her. i know theyre full customized sets, but you dont really buy them for that do you? i just want that pony for collections

• 4 years later...

I found a used blu ray copy of the MLP movie that was supposed to come with a DVD as a bonus. I wanted a DVD of it because I can only watch the blu ray on a blu ray player (I don't have a blu ray player in my room). After I bought it I went back home and opened it up. The blu ray disc was in good condition but the DVD was missing! That made me so upset!

• 7 months later...

I ordered one particular Rainbow Dash plushie from Amazon. On the pictures it looked very nice. But what I received looked completely different and cheaper... :ButtercupLaugh: I kept her though! She is always staring at me since then.

Spoiler

Always. :maud: