What did you think of the episode?  

159 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No goal; lame! -_-
    • Could've been way better...
    • Meh; average.
    • That was enjoyable; not bad.
    • MEGA-AWESOME, ALL THE POINTS!!! <3

6 seasons in and we finally get our very first Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie episode, I think that already gives this episode something unique to start off with.

That and the synopsis itself made the episode sound like it would be pretty fun.

With that in mind how does it actually hold up?

Well I think that it holds up pretty well.

It was really nice to see some more Appledash interaction as we haven't seen any of it in like forever and I really like their character dynamic.

There were some nice comedic moments here and there, some fun action sequences as well, some really cool background music, 

And is just me or does this feel like a better version of The Cart Before the Ponies (even though I also like that episode, or at least more than a lot of people seem to do.)

This ended up being quite an enjoyable episode.

• Brohoof 3

6-5 to Ponyville!  :love:

I have to say, this episode seems to lack depth, the moral was maybe a tad too obvious and easily solved...

On another note, Sports Pinkie is so cute...

It was decent, 4/5

Edited by Rinixx
  • Brohoof 2

oh my god are you actually kidding me!!! i missed the proper game because of an add for warthunder! i have been playing that game for 2-3 year now!! i dont need an add for it D:< so salt right now!! gonna need to go to another sight coz the CMC one doesn't let you rewind

emotionally, it hits the right buttons.

I like that they talked about the game meaning different things to different people, and how stress messes things up....

but working hard actually does make you better at sports.  

and there's this cultural thing that some people just have natural talent, which is kinda bullshit.  at any high level of sports, you find some people that may have started out naturally talented, but they had to work their butts off to turn that talent into polished skill.  

I also like that snails wouldn't let the pressure get to him...he wouldn't let the others define how he saw the game...

But that was only because he was intellectually disengaged, which isn't a full win for me.

• Brohoof 4

Wow, all those rumors about Little Strongheart reappearing. That has to be one of the most epic fake-outs the series has ever accomplished.  :lol:

The best thing about this episode? Surprisingly - it's Snails.  :)

Overall, I liked it. The message was driven home a little too overtly, and the story kind of sagged in the middle, but it was enjoyable.

I was hoping for some more well-known ponies on Braeburn's team, but ah well, it was fun anyway.

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 5

Snail's was the standout character this episode. He was "in the zone" pretty much the whole episode, and it was kinda surprising if I'm being honest. As for the rest of the episode, this felt kinda run of the mill. The set-up for most of the gags were obvious from a mile away, though there were a good number of silly expressions, not to mention Fluttershy once again proves why she's best pony by being both adorable and assertive in the same episode. 

Not only that, but it was nice to see Applejack and Rainbow Dash, both very competitive, freely admit that Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy were better than them and give them their spots on the team. Granted, they kinda ruined it a little by going overboard with the training and heaping mounds of pressure on them, but it was still a sweet bit of characterization.   

• Brohoof 5

SPORTS!!!!!! F YEAH!!!

What I liked:

Snails: Holy cow he was awesome! He had the best quips and just great timing. More of him please.

The moral: How it's more important to have fun than to win. A classic.

The Mane 6 (4?): Yeah all well done over all, some minor complaints her and there but all in all they were enjoyable. I particually like Flutterdiss when they were practicing.

Buckball: Interesting sport though rather simple, nice to see something original.

Montage guitar riff: epic guitar riff FTW!

What I didn't like:

Act 2: The cliche overworked trainer montage thing was very eh and Fluttershy and Pinkie should have probalby spoken up more quickly.

What was ???

Ponyville: Why is Ponyville's team color Indigo? 

So I liked this episode, seems to recapture the best of Sesaon 1 in my eyes and it was nice to see Pinkie and Fluttershy have some extended interactions with each other. 

• Brohoof 3

That assertive Fluttershy moment was awesome :fluttershy:

I thought this was great. Hardly anything wrong with it. I liked Snail's role in this, and it was cool to watch Pinkie and Flutters go from not knowing what buckball is, to being really awesome at it. And they beat AJ and RD!

I'd give this 8.5/10

• Brohoof 4

Well, that was a cute and fun little episode, if a bit predictable and simple. For me, the highlights were Fluttershy's breakdown and Snails. Ridiculous, because I bloody hated Snails before this. Now I think he's a cute little idiot.

"I don't think about anything. At all" is my new motto.

Also the moral should've been "both fun and discipline are important; one must find balance" rather than the obvious, cliche and simple "fun is the mostest importantest thing of all :^)"

Edited by Professional Horse
  • Brohoof 3

Remember how we were told that we'd be seeing a character who we hadn't seen in a long time? Turns out that was a lie. While I did enjoy this episode, what was the point of Rainbow Dash and Applejack offering to take Pinkie and Fluttershy's place if the latter were going to end up playing anyway? And this episode is exactly what I feared: Applejack and Rainbow Dash getting so caught up in the competition that they push Pinkie and Fluttershy too hard and end up ruining the game for them by training them so hard that it sucks the fun out of the game for them. Was that really needed? And why did Fluttershy sound like Pinkie whenever she said, "Whee?" I know Andrea voices both of them, but sometimes it sounds like she isn't even trying to make the two distinguishable from one another. I also don't understand why Applejack and Rainbow Dash felt the need to get all of the unicorns in Ponyville together when they simply could've asked Twilight or Rarity to help them. At least this led to some funny bits, and Snails was easily the best part of the whole episode, though I have to wonder what Snips was doing during this whole episode. All in all, this felt like a rehash of both "The Cart Before the Ponies" and "Fall Weather Friends."

Edited by Smitty1038
  • Brohoof 2

Really enjoyed it. Buckball seems like a cool game...like Quidditch mixed with basketball.

That Fluttershy laugh, near the beginning...I just about died from the cuteness. Haha.

But...didn't Applejack and Rainbow Dash just learn this lesson a few episodes ago in "The Cart Before The Ponies"? That bothered me throughout this episode.

Also, that Fluttershy freakout...seemed a little over the top to me. It's good to see her character progressing and all, but that scene seemed like too much. Just me?

Overall, a great addition to Season 6. Great morals too, especially since Football season starts today.

8/10.

Edited by Valiant Venture
  • Brohoof 2

I thought it was an okay episode. Enjoyable, but nothing absolutely spectacular or anything.

The best part, for me, was Snails. Given the fact he was previously established as an "idiot" type character (along with Snips), seeing him do something genuinely useful was unexpected and definitely took me by surprise.

I also think the episode was like The Cart Before The Ponies except better, as in the characters didn't come off as OOC and/or a jerk that doesn't listen to the other character's opinion and wishes.

I rate it 8/10.

• Brohoof 3