What did you think of the episode?  

159 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No goal; lame! -_-
    • Could've been way better...
    • Meh; average.
    • That was enjoyable; not bad.
    • MEGA-AWESOME, ALL THE POINTS!!! <3

;)I think Fluttershy was the most enjoyable I love her spinning tail moves and how she uses only her tail to play buckball it's adorable Fluttershy was my favorite in this episode:fluttershy:

1240735.png

1240876.png

1242404__safe_fluttershy_screencap_spoiler-colon-s06e18_buckball+season.png

1240812.jpeg

mlps6e18fluttershyiscute.jpg

ocyvqw2asbN6oO4j22S-o.png

Edited by NathanW200

• 3 months later...

This episode was quite interesting. I liked the fact that Rainbow Dash grew to accept that Fluttershy may be better than her in some sports. Watching the sport itself was also entertaining, with all the action going on.

However, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy felt out of chatacter a bit. There were some moments when their actions for some reason didn't feel natural. :laugh:

• 3 months later...

This is such a mediocre episode. There are a couple things I like, like Snails and the game of Buckball being interesting, but most of the episode is so boring and somewhat frustrating with Pinkie's really grating voice.

Score: 4/10

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

This episode is so cute. It holds a special place in my heart because after I stopped keeping up with the show in 2012 and before fully catching up in November 2018, I'd only catch episodes occasionally if my husband had it on to watch with my daughter on Saturday mornings. Buckball Season was one of the few I caught that way, and I liked it back then. Anyway, even though this was more about Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie being naturals and struggling under pressure, I caught at least some of my adorable athletic Rainbow Dash, so that was nice too.

• 1 year later...

Great episode to have AJ and Dash bested in sports by other ponies. It was a well developed plot and I really enjoyed it. Great message as well, I feel I should possible take heed of it.

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

Fluttershy is so cute in this episode but how her and Pinkie felt at the start is something I definitely understood and felt that myself. I like the way Snails was in here though.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would say, the only good thing that I liked from this episode was Fluttershy's anger reaction. I don't know why, but the way the animation expresses Fluttershy's anger was just so priceless.

• 2 weeks later...

A good episode in my opinion.

I really love seeing Flutter and Pinkie here. I was a bit surprised for AJ and RD voluntary offering there places to Flutter and Pinkie, but there is of course some time restraint and I can live with this. The part of Snails being so good here because he's not thinking about it was also a great moment.

That not everyone is driven by pressure is something not many people want to understand. So I really like this  message here because it's really important to understand that.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...
On 2016-09-03 at 10:44 AM, Truffles said:

She would be real good at levitating it, but I think she lacks the coordination to maneuver the basket accurately. Snails seems to be the pro here. XD

Lol .. I love Twi, but she would be too busy trying to calculate and anticipate all the possible trajectories the ball might come from to actually fill the role ;)

I had a good time with this episode, and this is an early night for me every week, so it is the one I'm ending tonight with.  I admit, I was not only surprised at how good Fluttershy and Pinkie were at the game almost at the getgo, but truly surprised when especially RBD stepped aside in favor of them competing.  I did see the writing on the wall so to speak when AJ/RBD tried to put them through the practice drills and the peer pressure, but they made it right.  The final game was fun to watch as well, and hey ... both Fluttershy and Pinkie really have the moves and look good doing it too.

• Brohoof 2

Looking back at this episode, I can testify this is a perfect illustration of tiger mentality. When people have passions about something, you cannot put pressure on them, because they could lose that and then what? What was something they once loved could be something they hate now. That was almost the case in this episode. 

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I feel like every show has to have its own baseball/baseball knock off episode. Even JoJo had one. This happens to be a really good one! It’s full of cute moments, we get to see a past side character (Snails) get some screen time, and the moral is a pretty relatable one. Not everyone does their best when under pressure. Not a bad episode at all!