Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Top 10 Cities that Deserve a Brony Convention

twilightsparkle3562

Ah, Brony Conventions, the meat of the Brony Fandom where Bronies come together to spread the magic of friendship with charity auctions, cosplayers, artists, vendors, etc.  There are plenty of cities that have conventions, but this is a list with the cities that are capable or deserve a brony conventions.  This is my top 10, but feel free to throw in your suggestions as well.

1.  Boston, Massachusetts/Providence, Rhode Island:  As a native New Englander and someone that lives very close to Hasbro Headquarters, nothing would impress me more than to have a convention to be held in New England.  Most likely a hotel in Boston or the Rhode Island Convention Center in Downtown Providence would be a good location.

2. New Orleans, Louisiana: The former home of DerpyCon South.  New Orleans would be an ideal location, especially for people interested in Mardi Gras and Jazz Music.  Furthermore, a Charity auction would give the city a huge boost of confidence in the years after Hurricane Katrina.

3. Orlando, Florida: In a city which is home to Walt Disney World and Universal Studios, a Brony convention would sort of break up the mold.  If there is a convention in Orlando, it should follow the same formula as Equestria LA in Anaheim, CA and be located near Disney World.

4. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: With Fillycon in Philadelphia making its mark in Eastern Pennsylvania, it makes perfect sense that Pittsburgh hosts a Brony convention.

5. London, England:  This would be something that the British Bronies would enjoy, especially since the London ExCel center would be an ideal location or the Hilton Doubletree hotel next door.  Plus, London has so many attractions that would keep people busy if they want to get away from the convention.

6. Paris, France: Much like London, Paris would be another ideal location with its history serving as a magnet to attract Bronies to the City of Lights.

7. Shanghai, China:  I know that Project Seapony is happening in Thailand, but how about China?  Especially in one of China's largest.

8. Hong Kong, China:  They always say that Hong Kong is east meets west, so why not?

9. Seoul, South Korea:  I don't know how big the fandom is in South Korea, but I am sure that there is.

10. Belfast, Northern Ireland:  Would be ideal for people travelling through London/Heathrow and for Titanic enthusiasts in general.

• Brohoof 2

all those are in foreign af country's.. but its ok because Australia gets one next year :'D
"2017 will be the farewell to our beloved Australian grown My Little Pony convention, with that, we will surely make it one to remember!"
that's sorta good.. considering it'll be my first bonycon but my last too T-T

Edited by Ju88snow
  • Brohoof 1

Toronto!  If you live in Canada then your only option is in BC so if you live in the east where most people live then you are kind of screwed.

yeah... that's true... I hope it goes out of BC next year :P (even if I live in BC >~<)

• Brohoof 1

This city may already have it so I could be entirely wrong, but Indianapolis. Not only is it in my state, but considering that the home team is the Colts, that seems like a match made in pony heaven, right? There probably already is some kind of MLP convention there, but I can't think of any major ones there that are for bronies.

• Brohoof 1

Reno, Nevada. I know that were having our con in LV, but that is 9 hours away opposed to 45 minutes to Reno for me. Plus Reno is way more relaxed than Las Vegas and a lot nicer. (And we never have cons here)

BC isn't all that far, and neither are a few northern US ones like Seattle, but I certainly wouldn't mind a pony con to open up here in Calgary. Although Toronto could use one way more. They really don't have one already? One of the biggest cities in North America? Now that's just plain absurd. 

• Brohoof 1

Can we add Kansas city Missouri to this list?

They have Midwest Bronyfest.

Here are some honorable mentions:

1. Charlotte, North Carolina:  Home to NASCAR, it makes sense to have a Ponyville Derby-themed convention.

2. Cancun, Mexico: Would be ideal for Spring Break, but it would have to be family friendly.

3. Sacramento, California:  DustyKatt would approve and it would be a good alternative to BABSCon.

4. Washington, DC:  A likely candidate for an "Equestrian Summit" theme.  

5. Brussels, Belgium: Neighbors with Amsterdam and would be a good compliment to Hearth's Warming Con.

6. Toronto, Canada: Most populated city in North America needs a convention.  

7. San Juan, Puerto Rico: We need a convention in the Caribbean, enough said.

8. Louisville, Kentucky:  Makes sense with the horse theme.

9. Reno, NV: Would serve as a good alternative to Las Vegas.

10. Athens, Greece: Since there are Greek elements in MLP:FIM, why not?

• Brohoof 1

Atlanta, Georgia, USA

... because I live there, and it'll be about the ONLY way I ever get to one!

Plus, hey - major airport, lots of atmosphere, home of DragonCon... and peaches.

LOTS of damned peaches.

all those are in foreign af country's.. but its ok because Australia gets one next year :'D

"2017 will be the farewell to our beloved Australian grown My Little Pony convention, with that, we will surely make it one to remember!"

that's sorta good.. considering it'll be my first bonycon but my last too T-T

Wait theres one in Australia?

Edit I hope its in new south wales this time :)

Edited by Dabmanz

• 2 weeks later...

I wish there could've been one in Brisbane, Australia

It's a shame that next years con will be the last one in Australia... :(

don't worry mate. there might be more non official or smaller events for us.... i hope  :(

• Brohoof 1

Since Ponycon NYC moved to New Jersey, becoming just Ponycon, and we lost our local convention, I would have to say NYC, NY deserves a convention of it's own and needs to be added to the list. Yea I'm still going to Ponycon and I'm glad it's back kinda close, but I'm allowed to be a bit bitter about the move lol :)

Edited by bronislav84