Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Top 10 Cities that Deserve a Brony Convention

twilightsparkle3562

I wish there could've been one in Brisbane, Australia

It's a shame that next years con will be the last one in Australia... :(

Or one in Sydney that would be good :(

Who knows maybe there will be a con in 2018.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

Well, some more proposed con ideas are:

1. Applewood Derby in Indianapolis, IN (would make for a good racing theme con themed around the Applewood Derby)

2. Steel Pony Con in Pittsburgh, PA

3. Phoenix Pony Con in Phoenix, AZ

4. High Roller Pony Con in Las Vegas, NV

5. Canterlot Congress in Washington, DC metro area

6. Sacramento Pony Con in Sacramento, CA 

7. Southwest Florida Pony Con in Fort Myers, FL

8. Alamo Pony Con in San Antonio, TX

9. Music City Pony Con in Nashville, TN

10. Motor City Pony Con in Detroit, MI

On 18 September 2016 at 2:40 AM, Dabmanz said:

Wait theres one in Australia?

Edit I hope its in new south wales this time :)

Apparently last year it was here in Melbourne at the Melbourne conversation centre that's just outside the CBD. I've heard this year they were planning to hold the convention in Sydney instead of Melbourne. :)

On 9/3/2016 at 0:56 PM, twilightsparkle3562 said:

3. Orlando, Florida: In a city which is home to Walt Disney World and Universal Studios, a Brony convention would sort of break up the mold.  If there is a convention in Orlando, it should follow the same formula as Equestria LA in Anaheim, CA and be located near Disney World.

Damn, I really want one of those around here yo :( . Man, liberty at last, and horse fan convention still elude me :dash: 

• Brohoof 1

I'm going suggest Orlando as well. Not only for it's attractions, but the night life is not bad. Covering travel for Show Guests may be more costly, but if you schedule it where it isn't on top of MegaCon or Grand Brony Gala, or the big pony cons -- and stay out of the OCCC -- maybe a small con could actually hit black it's first year, which is unheard of.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Jeric said:

I'm going suggest Orlando as well. Not only for it's attractions, but the night life is not bad. Covering travel for Show Guests may be more costly, but if you schedule it where it isn't on top of MegaCon or Grand Brony Gala, or the big pony cons -- and stay out of the OCCC -- maybe a small con could actually hit black it's first year, which is unheard of.

What does OCCC?  Orange County Comic Con?  

20 hours ago, twilightsparkle3562 said:

Well, some more proposed con ideas are:

1. Applewood Derby in Indianapolis, IN (would make for a good racing theme con themed around the Applewood Derby)

2. Steel Pony Con in Pittsburgh, PA

3. Phoenix Pony Con in Phoenix, AZ

4. High Roller Pony Con in Las Vegas, NV

5. Canterlot Congress in Washington, DC metro area

6. Sacramento Pony Con in Sacramento, CA 

7. Southwest Florida Pony Con in Fort Myers, FL

8. Alamo Pony Con in San Antonio, TX

9. Music City Pony Con in Nashville, TN

10. Motor City Pony Con in Detroit, MI

Totally down with number 8. It's much easier to make a 2-hour drive instead of a 7-hour one. I mean chances are I still wouldn't go simply because

A. No way of getting there. My dad sure wouldn't drive 2 hours just to go to an MLP convention, and the vehicle I'm supposed to have fixed isn't because Dad won't even take the initiative to ask me for help with it.

B. Unsure of cost.

1. Oslo, Norway. Even vikings deserve to be loved.

2. Melbourne, Australia. Aussies need love too so why not expand?

3. Wellington, New Zealand. Yes, you can still do the haka dance if you're a Brony, just with a different variation.

4. Sao Paulo, Brazil. Yes, Brazil is going through tough times, but even the amazons deserve love too.

5. Barcelona, Spain. Even Spaniards/Catalonians deserve a BronyCon, right?

6. Lviv, Ukraine. Away from the troubles from further east and go with the good times.

7. Miami, Florida. Not sure if they have a brony convention there, but if there isn't, then that's a must.

8. Quebéc City, Canada. Even the French-Canadians need love too, assuming there's a good amount of them.

9. Cardiff, Wales. Yes, there's even Welsh bronies that would love to meet up there and a lovely spot for it too.

10.Anchorage, Alaska. Even with so much snow in the Arctic, could be a good place just like the BronyCon in Finland.

11 minutes ago, Jon the Bronynerd said:

1. Oslo, Norway. Even vikings deserve to be loved.

2. Melbourne, Australia. Aussies need love too so why not expand?

3. Wellington, New Zealand. Yes, you can still do the haka dance if you're a Brony, just with a different variation.

4. Sao Paulo, Brazil. Yes, Brazil is going through tough times, but even the amazons deserve love too.

5. Barcelona, Spain. Even Spaniards/Catalonians deserve a BronyCon, right?

6. Lviv, Ukraine. Away from the troubles from further east and go with the good times.

7. Miami, Florida. Not sure if they have a brony convention there, but if there isn't, then that's a must.

8. Quebéc City, Canada. Even the French-Canadians need love too, assuming there's a good amount of them.

9. Cardiff, Wales. Yes, there's even Welsh bronies that would love to meet up there and a lovely spot for it too.

10.Anchorage, Alaska. Even with so much snow in the Arctic, could be a good place just like the BronyCon in Finland.

Miami does not have a con and would probably be expensive.  I think that to attract families, I would go more towards Fort Myers/Sanibel Island, which is about a short drive.

11 hours ago, The Cynical Lone Wolf said:

I love for my state, Colorado, to get an actual proper Brony Con.  ROTL doesn't count because its located in hotel and not in a proper convention center.

It's very expensive for a Brony Con to get a convention center treatment.  Hotels are the only cheap way to go.  All I can say is be happy with what you have.

Houston could use one, as a major city. I think Boston already has one

On 9/26/2016 at 8:59 AM, Dabmanz said:

Or one in Sydney that would be good :(

Who knows maybe there will be a con in 2018.

Cons are already planned through 2025. for bronycon, at least.

Beijing, because there's a giant brony community there. It's sad how people only think of Shanghai and Hong Kong when they think of China. Why not something in northern China? Preferably in Parkview because there is no better place for a fandom convention. Also, I am so patriotic my OC is literally a panda/sheep.

On 5/20/2017 at 6:56 AM, The Cynical Lone Wolf said:

I love for my state, Colorado, to get an actual proper Brony Con.  ROTL doesn't count because its located in hotel and not in a proper convention center.

I second that. My closest option besides ROTL was PonyExpo in Las Vegas until it got canceled. Now I really don't know...

• 2 weeks later...

Brit brony here, been at the cons in the country since 2014 and adding my fur con exp into this. 

London would be the obvious choice yeah, but its very impractical costwise. Theres a reason no fan made cons are hosted in London. Its too damn expensive to hire and run a con there. Which is why they have mainly been further up north. BUCK having had made its home in Manchester (2nd biggest city after London). North prices are cheaper all round and theres more venues to choose from. My Personal fave BUCK has been at was the 2014 one in the old Central Station. 

Furcons are the same, there was once one in London, but it died due to lack of funds and attendance to keep going due to costs and travel/stay prices for those out of the area. 

UK Ponycon, though originally being a collectors fair con, they have the right idea to kinda tour the country each year. I think the longest they stay in the same venue in a row is 2 years. Again its the cost issue of different cities, but this is also to make it fair on everyone in the country, giving them a chance to go to a con in their home area. This year its by me in Bristol!!

We also have BronySCot, but being in Scotland, its very time consuming to get up to (especially when youre from the south west). But they do ok, its not a huge con though. 

The cities in the UK that I would say are the best(could be) places for Conventions;

Bristol, Cardiff, Leicester, Manchester, Birmingham. If you want to start doing a con in the UK, then start at one of these cities. The bigger cons have already based themselves here before and for good reason. 

On 10/1/2016 at 0:35 AM, Splash flicker said:

i agree on there being one in london ( becase im a british brony)

i would say have one in scotland but id be too scared incase i saw someone i know

bronyscot already exists and is in Glasgow. Its on around November time.