Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rikifive

@@InklingBear, Oh yes, you should! x3

Due to reasons, you'll most likely get access to the early stages of the game anyway. If you know what I mean.  ;)

@@HereComesTom, Well... I think I shouldn't be worried about C&D... The speed, that the game is developed in is so fast, that it will take ages to develop it, so Hasbro doesn't even have to be worried.  :D Heh.. Yeah.  :adorkable:

The overall plot? ... Well.. It will sound lame, but I want to stick to the original story and probably change it slightly to give it some gameplay.

Basically the game will start just like the show ~ Twilight coming to Ponyville, meeting friends (there, the player will have a chance to get familiar with the layout of Ponyville) ~ then when the Nightmare Moon escapes ~ the game gets to the point, where the gameplay (RP'ing) starts. Mane Six will have to travel through the Everfree Forest and fight with the monsters etc..

Openings and endings of the seasons are filled with action and villains, so it should work pretty nicely. However, there might be a problem with mid-season episodes as they simply lack of that action. I'll see if some gameplay could be added to them ~ I'll most likely add some custom side quests and new locations, where the player could travel and have fun. Generally the game will be a balanced combination of show's original story and custom RPG-quests and stuff, so our favorite moments and songs will appear in game as well as other side-plots for gameplay purposes. I suspect, that the game might be boring sometimes, due to pretty long cutscenes, that will be spoiled for many of us, but yeah ~ that's what I'd love to play. As re-watching episodes isn't a problem for me ~ I'd gladly play a game like this.  :catface:

To be honest I'm not sure how it will be exactly handled yet, but I hope it will not be that bad.  :adorkable:

Developing in RPG Maker totally depends on how you're making the game.

Most of the time, people simply fill up the database, copy scripts from the internet and paste them to their game, click here and there and voila. Pretty simple if you're not too ambitious.

However, there's always place to write everything from scratch (and not even use the build-in editor) and move the development to much, much higher level.

That's more or less what I was doing ~ I've programmed the menus by myself - and I was going to write a totally custom battle system.

And that being said, it also takes forever. Thousands lines of code is nothing special there. I'm not aware how scripting in Java looks like, but scripting in Ruby is quite time consuming.

However, I plan to move this project to another game-making engine as RPG Maker is pretty limited for me. I'm barely using the RM's library, so I think I should just write the whole game from scratch. I think I'll be developing this in Game Maker Studio. This will give me more control, better performance and it generally will look more professional. I'll have to learn Game Maker Language first, but from what I saw, it's fairly easy to learn and scripting in here seems to be much faster. Sadly though, this will mean starting the project over, so ... back to nothing I guess...

@@Randimaxis, Uuuuuu Thank you!!  :wub:

@@Alphys Hedge, No worries, it's fine ~ Thank you and thank you! x3 

@, YAY! x3

I was thinking if I should increase the resolution, but I'm terrible at art, so drawing ponies would kill me ~ I feel much better in pixel art, so lower resolutions are easier to handle. =P

In the end... the game will be a combination between pixel art and non-pixel one... How silly  :adorkable:  It's difficult to do many things all by yourself.  :-P

@@Dabmanz, Why, thank you! :3 Oh I'd gladly see your game! It's always nice to see pony games and fellow developers.  :catface:  

Thank you all for visiting!  :wub:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 5

inb4 Hasbro takes this down because of trademarks, this seems very interesting.

Though, be careful to not rely TOO much on MLP for this project. If Hasbro shuts it down, the only way you can bring it back up is to go a Them Fighting Hooves route and generalize the characters and remove all trademarks or mention of MLP. Also, just using references to sell the game is gonna create a shallow game.

• Brohoof 1

@, AAYYYY  Glad to hear that!  :love: What a cute profile picture! :3

@@Lonk Chase, Yeah, I'm pretty sure it will happen someday.

Actually there's one good thing in it- when I'll receive a C&D then that will mean, that the game was that good, that its awesomeness was worrying them. Just kidding!  :lol:

Hmmm ~ I kinda have few other projects to work on anyway, so I think I'd just give up on that one in that case. This game means a lot to me, though making good RPG's is an extremely difficult task - it's one of the hardest genres to work with after all. My whole story with game development started with that game ~ if not MLP, I most likely wouldn't be making games at all. This project is important for me and I really want to see it become real. It will sound silly, but it's my destiny.  :-P

I don't plan to try to get profits from that ~ I'm not even accepting donations ~ I'll not bring that project to any cons and stuff - I don't need any kind of 'fame' ~ just working there locally, quietly and nice. I hope that will be enough... :rarity:

Thank you for visiting! :3

Edited by Rikifive

@, AAYYYY Glad to hear that! :love: What a cute profile picture! :3

@@Lonk Chase, Yeah, I'm pretty sure it will happen someday.

Actually there's one good thing in it- when I'll receive a C&D then that will mean, that the game was that good, that its awesomeness was worrying them. Just kidding! :lol:

Hmmm ~ I kinda have few other projects to work on anyway, so I think I'd just give up on that one in that case. This game means a lot to me, though making good RPG's is an extremely difficult task - it's one of the hardest genres to work with after all. My whole story with game development started with that game ~ if not MLP, I most likely wouldn't be making games at all. This project is important for me and I really want to see it become real. It will sound silly, but it's my destiny. :-P

I don't plan to try to get profits from that ~ I'm not even accepting donations ~ I'll not bring that project to any cons and stuff - I don't need any kind of 'fame' ~ just working there locally, quietly and nice. I hope that will be enough... :rarity:

Thank you for visiting! :3

Thanks a lot mate!

Seriously though.. Reading through that actually made me sad. You seem like a really nice person and you aren't getting enough attention that you deserve. I wish you all the best with your games dude, really excited for it, I'm sure it'll all be good.

Edited by Guest

If this ends up getting shut down, if it's a download able game, that means will still have it on drive. It's not like Hasbro will get a warrant and search through everyone's files and delete the game. So really, I don't see a problem for all those who want it played in full.

As for the people that use the downloaded game later on and try to extort money from it, that may be a problem...

I guess what I'm saying, is don't worry bout nothing. Nothing serious can become of a non profit (clearly stated to be so, without even donations) game. And not to mention we are talking about a RPG of MLP, nothing Mature rated, just fanwork. But I don't know the legal system well, but I'm still sure it'll be alright.

Edited by Overlord0909
  • Brohoof 1

@, Your words are so heartwarming, thank you kindly.  :rarity:  You also seem like a good pony, just like your profile picture.  :muffins:

@@Overlord0909, Yeah that's true ~ that's kinda what currently happens with Fighting is Magic ~ the game is still available somewhere, though sadly it's not developed further and that's a bad thing already.  :sunny:

Mhm, I'll always consider that game as my little big project ~ it is 100% free and kid friendly. While it still may be not good for the target audience (little girls usually don't play RPG's), I'll still keep it pretty balanced between making it easy to understand, yet interesting to experiment with things. Colorful spells and star particles upon hitting will make it look light-weight. Let's not forget that the battle between Twilight and Tirek wasn't that colorful, so I don't think I'll exceed that border. I hope, that the game will not bring any problems for anypony.  :catface:

Legal system depends on each company. For example Nintendo shutdown over 500 fanworks 'just because'. Hasbro is kinda on the border ~ they do care about their trademark, yet they let few minor works slide by.

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

@@Overlord0909, Ooh, that would make me extremely happy.  :pinkie:  I'd double the effort then!  :squee:

I kinda wish I was jobless ~ then I could fully focus on game development...  :-P Since I got the job, I barely have some time for anything and that makes me feel bad...  :twi:

• Brohoof 1

@@Overlord0909, Ooh, that would make me extremely happy.  :pinkie:  I'd double the effort then!  :squee:

I kinda wish I was jobless ~ then I could fully focus on game development...  :-P Since I got the job, I barely have some time for anything and that makes me feel bad...  :twi:

Job makes money though, that make game and you go round.

Sad truth, I know.

• Brohoof 1

@@Overlord0909, Well said. To be honest I don't want money ~ or I should say I'd love to not need money~  I just want freedom and live calmly, not having to be stressed all over the place.  :twi:

But yeah, our silly world requires that, so we have to deal with it.  :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

@ Yep. I hate money, but like it at the same time. The idea of currency and reward is good, but the pleasure and greed that comes with it makes it evil... or does it make people so?

Anyways, I'm getting off topic lol. Good luck with the game, looking forward to testing it!

• Brohoof 1

@@Overlord0909,  Yeah, we both went a little off topic.  ^_^ Thanks!  :)

@@C. Thunder Dash, Heh yeah ~ I'm playing with fire anyway, so to be honest it doesn't make any bigger difference.  :P

There's kinda no point in hiding things ~ if they'll want to shutdown the game, they will do that anyway sooner or later. The game will get into the 'spotlight' upon beta/demo release anyway, so the music will be the last thing they will notice. If they'll want to close that, they will do that and I believe they won't be even giving the game a try, so there are other factors, that put the game in danger, like characters.  :rarity:

Anyway, thank you for offer! Currently I don't have much planned, so I don't know what I'll be needing yet, but if you're interested, I can sign up you as a volunteer music composer and we'll see how it will go in future. I was browsing through your soundclound/pony.fm profiles and you're doing a great work. I also saw your profile and I'd love to have these toys myself to fiddle and possibly learn playing on them. 

By the way, your tracks 'Fluttershy's Afternoon in the Meadows' and 'Music In The Treetops[20% Sweeter Nature Ensemble Remix]' are really nice!  :fluttershy:  (I've kinda listened to few random tracks ~ currently I'm listening to more)  :P

~ And on the other hoof, some of them are pretty messy. (crowd of notes) :3

@@Overlord0909, Yeah, it can't get worse. ^_^  

Edited by Rikifive

if you don't mind, I can help you with the debugging, since we both using the same engine so i think i can do it well  ;)

about the scripting, do you know git? It's a convenient version control system, you can read it here;

(I also want to make a tutorial about how to git and post here, but since I'm extremely bust these months so it is just a thought so far)  

anyway, I can provide some interesting scripts, and it's always good to have some communications; If you want my game's scripts github link you can PM me if you wish

i'm curious about your hitbox and turn-based combat honestly  :-P  

Edited by Compeador