Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Seasonal hiatus in MLP was the most painful to wait through?

Chuckles4lyfe

Which Hiatus was the most painful?  

22 users have voted

1. 1. Which Season had the worst hiatus?

• The wait for Season 2: May 2011 - Sep 2011
    • The wait for Season 3: Apr 2012 - Nov 2012
    • The wait for Season 4: Feb 2013 - Nov 2013
    • The wait for Season 5: May 2014 - Apr 2015
    • The wait for Season 6: Nov 2015 - Mar 2016
  2. 2. Which Seasonal hiatus went by the fastest?

• Season 2 hiatus
    • Season 3 hiatus
    • Season 4 hiatus
    • Season 5 hiatus
    • Season 6 hiatus

Hi everyone,

So as the title suggests, which hiatus was the hardest for you to go through? For me, it's a tossup between the season 4 & season 5 hiatus. 

For season 4, you have to remember what everyone's mindset was like back in 2013. Twilight just became an Alicorn and the 1st Equestria Girls was released in select theaters (I remember not being able to get seats during opening weekend because the tickets were all sold out  :sunbutt:). Let's just say that we were all antsy to see if anything would change in the show now that our titular main character had ascended. Speculation was at an all time high at this point as many people were throwing in their $0.02. Some people outright left the fandom, while others (myself included) stuck around knowing that the show was in good hands  ;).

For season 5, aside from replacing Twilight's library with her castle (R.I.P. Golden Oakes) nothing too dramatic occurred that would cause an uproar like the season 3 finale. However, I think we all remember the sheer length of the hiatus though. 11 MONTHS WITHOUT A NEW EPISODE OF PONY!?!?!?! I think many of us were nearly losing our minds towards the end (kinda like Twilight in Lesson Zero actually :wacko:). For the amount of time that they made us wait, i'm probably gonna go with the wait for season 5 as the most painful of them all!

On the other end of the spectrum, which hiatus went by the quickest? That award goes to the wait for season 6. After what we went through waiting for season 5, I think it only toughened all of us for any lengthy breaks that Hasbro could throw at us.

I'm curious to see what your thoughts are. Discuss away B)    

• Brohoof 1

For me, it was definitely the hiatus from season 3 to 4. That was actually the first real hiatus in the show that I experienced after joining the fandom, but none of the others have topped it in terms of horridness. Because of the events in the finale, there was just mountains of negativity and gloom. It was actually sort of painful to see so much negativity and in some ways sadness in a fandom that I was so very happy to join just months prior. Then EqG became a thing and made all of that waiting even worse, because season 3 ended with more questions than anyone could answer. Thanks to my anxiety problems I was actually worrying myself a lot over it, and that anxiety even lasted well into season 4. It wasn't until about the end of season friggin' 5 that I started to worry a lot less. Anxiety sucks.

The hiatus from season 4 to 5 was probably the most at ease one though, since season 4 ended on a really high note.

xD well see......xD

I've only experienced 2 hiatuses before....well they weren't really proper hiatuses. The mid-season 5 and 6 ones. The season 5 was the worst because I had just recently discovered mlp and I was eager to watch livestreams and start raving about current episodes, but there were none.....:(

I'd say Season 4's was the longest for me. I joined the fandom around January 2013, when Season 3 was close to ending, so I was super hyped about ponies at that time, and then bam, hiatus. :P I didn't mind it too much, neither did I mind the S5/S6 ones.

The one that felt shortest was Season 6's. It felt like no time passed at all between S5 and S6. :derp:

The toughest was definitely the wait for season 5 because it lasted almost a year. Reading posts here, I wonder how I would've felt about the wait for season 4 because I joined the fandom when it was 2/3 of the way done, so I probably missed the worst of it. The easiest was definitely the wait for season 6, and I have a feeling I'd be saying that, even if I was a fan since the beginning since it was the shortest yet.

My first season hiatus was the wait for season five. What a wait to start with (0.0)

In many ways that was a great time period for me as a fan since I had so much I was unaware of in the fandom ... so I got to consume crazy amounts of fan content. Some of my strongest friendship were made during that period which have persisted to this day and have grown stronger. I also joined staff during the hiatus and it all culminated at my first pony convention at BabsCon 2015. The hiatus ended as we watched the season five premier with thousands of fans and voice actors.

That hiatus was rough, but what a ride and what an end!

S3 to S4, that was the longest on top of having the EQG and Twilicorn drama

EDIT: it actually wasn't that long, but all the drama sure as hell made feel long

• Brohoof 1

The hiatus between S4 and S5 was both the longest the most painful, made even worse with how much of high note S4 ended on. In just one episode we got the gut punch that was the destruction of the Golden Oaks Library, DBZ style fight between Twi and Tirek, the culmination of the Chest of Harmony arc and Twilight not only getting her own castle, but an official title as well. 

And then, even with Rainbow Rocks in-between, it was still an agonizing eleven months between seasons. After that, a mere four month gap between S5 and S6 felt like a breeze.  

Edited by PoisonClaw

For me, the wait for Season 5 was the worst. I first discovered the show around the tail end of Season 4, and I watched the entire series in about a month, so I was left waiting for about 9 months until I finally got to watch a brand new episode for the first time.

I only joined at the very end of season 3, so I wouldn't be able to tell how the other waits felt like. But the wait for season 5 seemed to go on forever! And season 6 came by really fast! Which is always good!  

The Season 2 to Season 3 Hiatus was the hardest for me as I joined the fandom a little after season 2 ended, and I watched both seasons in less than a week, and still wanted more. Now a days finding the episodes have become too hard for me so I just stopped watching after S6 E4. Been wanting to get back into watching it, but haven't found the time.

It was either between season 1-2 or 2-3. I don't really recall but back then was when I was most intently into the show. I think in the end I'd have to say 2-3 though due to it being a longer period and the fact I had S1 to rewatch a second time during that summer to keep me busy. ;P

Hi everyone,

So as the title suggests, which hiatus was the hardest for you to go through? For me, it's a tossup between the season 4 & season 5 hiatus.

For season 4, you have to remember what everyone's mindset was like back in 2013. Twilight just became an Alicorn and the 1st Equestria Girls was released in select theaters (I remember not being able to get seats during opening weekend because the tickets were all sold out :sunbutt:). Let's just say that we were all antsy to see if anything would change in the show now that our titular main character had ascended. Speculation was at an all time high at this point as many people were throwing in their $0.02. Some people outright left the fandom, while others (myself included) stuck around knowing that the show was in good hands ;).

For season 5, aside from replacing Twilight's library with her castle (R.I.P. Golden Oakes) nothing too dramatic occurred that would cause an uproar like the season 3 finale. However, I think we all remember the sheer length of the hiatus though. 11 MONTHS WITHOUT A NEW EPISODE OF PONY!?!?!?! I think many of us were nearly losing our minds towards the end (kinda like Twilight in Lesson Zero actually :wacko:). For the amount of time that they made us wait, i'm probably gonna go with the wait for season 5 as the most painful of them all!

On the other end of the spectrum, which hiatus went by the quickest? That award goes to the wait for season 6. After what we went through waiting for season 5, I think it only toughened all of us for any lengthy breaks that Hasbro could throw at us.

I'm curious to see what your thoughts are. Discuss away B)

Hi, as this discussion is about the show, or at least missing the show when it's on hiatus, it has been moved to Show Discussion.

Also, since I joined the fandom during season 4 I wasn't around for the hiatuses before that, but the wait between seasons 4 and 5 was exceptionally long and I remember it being a pain to wait for season 5 to start to the point where it took a while to set in when that season started. By comparison, the wait for season 6 was pretty short. I did not care for the lengthy mid-season hiatus in season 5 though. If there was a poll for worst mid-season hiatus I'd vote for that. By comparison season 6's mid-season hiatus wasn't so bad.