Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What games deserve a sequel?

cider float

When is there going to be a Left 4 Dead 3? I'm just hoping it could take place in another country and maybe get a new cast of four survivors. Would be interesting what they could do with the new gaming technologies today though Left 4 Dead 2 has aged really well. Come on I'm on the edge of my seat here!

• Brohoof 1

When is there going to be a Left 4 Dead 3?

They would need to do something different, as I recall 1 and 2 being practically interchangeable so far as mechanics and aesthetics were concerned. Certainly with games such as Vermintide (to all intents and purposes Left 4 dead Warhammer albeit with some additional mechanics) and a number of other 're-imaginings' of Left 4 Dead's mechanics I don't feel that there is a lack of such games around. I wouldn't say no to a well-made sequel, but I don't feel any urgent need for another game. 

One game that I would like to see a sequel for (but almost certainly never will) was the surprisingly excellent Star Wars Republic Commando, which was a squad-based FPS that I think put a really good spin on the Star Wars setting. The characters were likable, the combat was fun and the orders system was very easy to use - there were plenty of flaws and kind of arbitrary mechanics, but I think that there was a lot of good stuff to work with and improve on.

I suppose no talk of sequels I would like to see would be complete without Half Life 3, but that is usually a given.

Saying that there will ever be a Left 4 Dead 3 is like saying there will be a Half life or Portal 3. There's been nothing like that or any news from Valve since the last instalment. Two is the magic number for them apparently. Besides, I'm pretty sure they've quit game development now that Steam is making them mega bucks.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite games that I would say need a sequel are all getting one soon. Mafia II is getting a sequel in October. Red Dead Redemption is getting a sequel soon (We don't know when, but it's pretty safe to say that they are making one). Mount and Blade is finally getting another sequel this year.

I think Bully deserves a sequel.

• Brohoof 2

Quietly takes note of the games that are being mentioned for future reference in an article. 

Honestly, I'd like to see a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil, but I know it'll never happen since Ubisoft deemed it a failure. Even if the fault was partially their own for terrible marketing and a bad release date.

I'd also like to see another .//hack series that's not incredibly rare in the west. 

Bully has been mentioned and for good reason. Why Rockstar has not even considered making a sequel to that is beyond me.

Another game? Jurassic Park Operation Genesis. Especially since the series was sorta revived with Jurassic World. I mean, it is friggin Jurassic Park tycoon essentially, why not make a sequel?

I would also love to see a Super Puzzle Fighter 3. I mean, we have gotten all the way to Street Fighter V, so where is Puzzle fighter, Capcom?

Viva Pinata also needs a next-gen sequel.

Dynasty Warriors Gundamn needs a new game, can't even remember the last game they made for this series but it was digital only and PS3 exclusive. Huge mistake. Make a proper sequel and release it on both Playstation AND Xbox like before.

• Brohoof 4

Darkstalkers 4. Pull a Super Street Fighter IV Alpha and make it a 3D game. All we get of the cast are crossover games. 

Also I wanna see a proper Dinocrisis sequel. The first two were good but the 3rd was out there. Inventive at times, but it's not very nice to throw curve-balls like that.  So a prequel sequel to DC2 would be cool. Perhaps make it a rail shooter like Resident Evil: Darkside chronicles. Speaking of, I'd like a sequel to that. Aesthetically, that was the scarier of the Resident Evil games. 

A New Colony Wars woudl be cool. Bring out a more direct sequel to the first. Probably won't, since it's old and Space combat games are dead. 

And is it possible to get a sequel to WWF: No Mercy? 

Originally I was hoping to get a Pokemon Z, but with the Zygard cores being involved in Sun and Moon, I don't really need it anymore.

However I do kinda miss the traditional third version of Pokemon Games.

• Brohoof 2

How about a new Starfox game instead of another bloody remake of Starfox 64?

I think the more accurate term would be reboot, but yeah even Starfox 64 as awesome as it was was a reboot of the original SNES Starfox which I don't think gets enough recognition. Your point is still valid though, they reboot the Starfox franchise way way too much which makes it suffer from things seeming a tad repetitive. The Lylat System is where the Starfox team lives, but I think it would be well served if they did a bit of world building and branched out to other solar systems of whatever galaxy they are in. New planets have been introduced over time, but most of them have been old planets with some changes, albeit some that make them seem completely different in some cases.

The World Ends With You: This is a highly underrated gem for the Nintendo DS that has one of the best sound tracks of any game on that system. The story revolves around shinigami which are the Japanese equivalent of grim reapers and is an interesting mix of Japanese mythology and the modern real world. There have been some hints of a possible sequel, but nothing has been said about it for a long time which is a shame.

Banjo Tooie: I know there was Nuts and Bolts, but it just wasn't the same. We are thankfully getting Yooka Laylee as a spiritual successor, but another Banjo and Kazooie game in the style of the old N64 games would still be awesome.

Conquers Bad Fur Day: This will unfortunately probably never happen, but it almost did. This raunchy over the top game can still make me laugh just as much as it did when I was younger.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: The Old Republic MMO is quite good (though the sidequests can get a tad repetitive if you play through multiple different stories), but I would still love to see a Knights of the Old Republic III.

Actraiser: It had a sequel which was decent but not as good as the original. The best way to describe Actraiser is it is an interesting mix of action platforming and literal world building. The main character of Act Raiser is a god who must gain worshippers to gain power, he does this by slaying monsters and building cities for said worshippers to live in. With the dramatically expanded AI options available now as well as other advancements if done right a sequel could be truly amazing.

Prince of Persia: This series has been around a long time but really got awesome with the Gamecube trilogy that began with The Sands of Time but after it dipped in quality rather significantly. The sands of time mechanic dosen't need to be done again as there are plenty of other things that can be done, but I would like something a bit better than some of the more recent entries.

• Brohoof 2

Sonic Brotherhood just because

Third Sonic Rush game is overdue

Dot Hack needs more games

And would it kill Monolith Soft to make more Xenosaga? They IIRC still own rights to it so now that Nintendo owns them why not make more? This series got me to shell out for a Playstation 2, no joke!

How about a new Starfox game instead of another bloody remake of Starfox 64?

I think the more accurate term would be reboot, but yeah even Starfox 64 as awesome as it was was a reboot of the original SNES Starfox which I don't think gets enough recognition. Your point is still valid though, they reboot the Starfox franchise way way too much which makes it suffer from things seeming a tad repetitive. The Lylat System is where the Starfox team lives, but I think it would be well served if they did a bit of world building and branched out to other solar systems of whatever galaxy they are in. New planets have been introduced over time, but most of them have been old planets with some changes, albeit some that make them seem completely different in some cases.

Did we forget about Star Fox Zero all of a sudden?

Did we forget about Star Fox Zero all of a sudden?

No I didn't forget about it, but Star Fox Zero while it is a decent game (albeit with shitty controls) is basically another reboot. 

• Brohoof 2

Quietly takes note of the games that are being mentioned for future reference in an article. 

Honestly, I'd like to see a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil, but I know it'll never happen since Ubisoft deemed it a failure. Even if the fault was partially their own for terrible marketing and a bad release date.

I'd also like to see another .//hack series that's not incredibly rare in the west.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 has been confirmed to be in development for several years. Problem is, all we've seen is a teaser trailer and little else.

• Brohoof 1

True, but reboots don't equal bad, even though they are a lot of the time.

True, but I think they are relying on them a bit too much for the Star Fox franchise.

• Brohoof 1

The first game I thought of getting a sequel was The Last Of Us. I ADORE that game and I wasn't quite satisfied at the end, I think there could be a lot more to it than that. I want to see Ellie grow, I want to see if Joel ever will feel guilty enough to reveal his lie(which is unlikely for him, since he's... Joel) and I want to see EVERYTHING that we didn't get to see in the actual game. There's a bigger story to tell and I want to see the rest of it. YEP! That's all, folks.

• Brohoof 3

Beyond Good & Evil 2 has been confirmed to be in development for several years. Problem is, all we've seen is a teaser trailer and little else.

I know it has, been following the production of it,  but I'm not holding my breath for a release. Ubisoft is working on their other titles and they deliberately avoid questions about it all the time. Especially at this past E3. 

Edited by Seraph

I honestly think the StarFox franchise needs another game that's a sequel to Assault and/or Adventures, but other than that I wouldn't mind Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness or Super Mario Sunshine getting a sequel.

• Brohoof 3

True, but reboots don't equal bad, even though they are a lot of the time.

They've redone the same game 4 damn times already. Enough's enough

I really want a Lollipop Chainsaw sequel. 

Yes please. That and No More Heroes 3

• Brohoof 2

There is only one sequal I want more than the basic Half-Life 3 and Portal 3, and that is...

Borderlands 3!!!! I am aware that gearbox is currently working on it, but seriously, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! Borderlands 2 is my favorite game of all time! And they have been building up to and hyping Borderlands 3 for a really long time! Especially after the cliffhanger at the end of Borderlands Pre-Sequal,  that was basically slapping us in the face and asking us if we are excited for the next sequal! Which is why I was kind of pissed that they delayed it to make Battleborn. Though now that they are done with Battleborn, and the game flopped, they are finally doing Borderlands 3!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :love:  :love:  :love:

• Brohoof 1

They've redone the same game 4 damn times already. Enough's enough

That's the concept of a sequel. Take what you've done before, and improve on it while keeping the game the same at It's core. Saying that is like complaining that the 2D Mario games are "the same games 4 times over" just because they have the same core gameplay.

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial
  • Brohoof 1