Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you feel about a VR Equestria?

pnylvr

13 users have voted

1. 1. How does this sound?

• Awesome!
    • I'm not sure
    • I don't really like the idea
  2. 2. Would you want a pony avatar?

• Yes
    • No, I'd want to stay human
    • I'd want to switch between them
    • I'd want to be something else

Assuming virtual reality becomes possible at some point, how would you feel about a VR version of Equestria? Assume there are AI versions of the characters, but at the same intelligence levels as in the show (so no Friendship is Optimal-style superintelligences). Also, what would you want to be capable of doing in this VR? I'd probably immerse myself in there for at least a few hours a day and spend most of my time in Canterlot and Ponyville, as a unicorn. 

• Brohoof 3

I would have mixed feelings, on one hand it would actually be fairly neat but on the other hand it may pose risks of unintended consequences mainly bringing us closer to the Skynet program in the Terminator movies becoming reality. Sure the program itself wouldn't be that, but the technology used to make it could easily later be used for something like that through advances in AI programs.

• 1 year later...

YUS!!! :wub:

This would be amazing!  If this happened I would turn to getting a VR Headset ASAP! (By the time something of this advancement were to happen I'd probably be mining ETH, so I'm sure I could pull off a GTX 1080 [or GTX 1180/1280 by then] along with an Oculus or or Vive.)

Edited by Superplay64
  • Brohoof 1

If the virtual reality would be as alive as Majora's Mask, the Witcher 3, or any modern Fallout at worst, I'd say goodbye to real life :D . Of course I'd rather be pony, bat pony in fact :fluttershy: . I think I'd live in Starlight's Village 

• 1 month later...

Honestly? This would be freaking awesome imo. Honestly I've wanted to get a VR headset for a while now, and this would probably be the final push I'd need to actively save up my money for one and buy it. ^_^

Of course, in the end it'd all really depend on how "alive" it felt, but in the end, it wouldn't take much for me to want to buy it.

I would LOVE to be immersed in a VR world!

I remember seeing the helmets on TV in the 90s and thinking it looked like the most amazing thing ever.  It was always a fantasy of mine to try it.

Sadly, when I had a quick go of an Oculus Rift at a retro gaming convention,  it made me really nauseous.  The sick feeling was very strong and almost instantaneous.  I hope it was just because I wasn't used to it, because I'm still hoping to get my own VR helmet one day!

I can't imagine anyone not wanting a fuller immersion into the world of the ponies! I'd jump at the chance and I'd want the experience to be as total as it could realistically be made. I'd want to be a pony and interact with other ponies. The biggest problem with most VR is that it creates a lot of motion sickness, so if that could be tweaked, I'd jump in with both feet (or all four hooves). 

• 2 years later...