Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Markings of a Legend (RP)

P-Jay

Ice didn't bother paying the other pony any mind. He simply put his hoof to his forehead, shaking his head. "Unfortunately, not everyone is as friendly as you on this train. For some reason he wanted to know about my abilities and said for me to tell him mine since he told me his. Spouted some long story stuff about going to Celestia's school, and I just..."

Realizing he was probably being a bore, Ice shook his head, putting his hoof down. "Eh, not important." He leaned in and whispered into Tyra's ear, "Though, I will say I've seen plastic toy soldiers with more tact."

Tyra tilted her head, just looking more quizzical than annoyed like Ice was. "An earth pony at a magic school? This makes no sense, yes? How does an earth pony cast magic? Well, apart from you."

She blinked, and cocked one of her ears. "We can only hope the locals at Griffonstone have more of these tacts, yes?"

Tyra tilted her head, just looking more quizzical than annoyed like Ice was. "An earth pony at a magic school? This makes no sense, yes? How does an earth pony cast magic? Well, apart from you."

She blinked, and cocked one of her ears. "We can only hope the locals at Griffonstone have more of these tacts, yes?"

Ice blinked and shook his head. "No, no. Tact means discretion, savviness. Ya know? Being clever? Something this guy over here really doesn't know how to do." He shrugged, "Said he can heal, levitate, magic blasts, I dunno. All such a dull blur. I didn't really even ask for his story. He just came out with it for some reason."

Ice blinked and shook his head. "No, no. Tact means discretion, savviness. Ya know? Being clever? Something this guy over here really doesn't know how to do." He shrugged, "Said he can heal, levitate, magic blasts, I dunno. All such a dull blur. I didn't really even ask for his story. He just came out with it for some reason."

Tyra tilted her head to the other side, still not wrapping her head around it. "Magic is such a strange thing... I still do not like it though." She shuddered. Thanks to her family's bloodlines, her intense strength and endurance came at the cost of an extreme weakness to magic.

She then grinned up at Ice. "What do we do for now, my friend?" She asked, figuring Ice would appreciate the change of subject.

Jack stared blankly at the landscape as it whizzed by, wondering what exactly had driven him to be here in the first place. Was it curiosity? Promise of adventure? Or the sheer need to have a goal in life? 

"What's the point?" Jack mumbled. "I'll never reach the top."

He slumped down on his seat, letting out a heavy sigh.

"Just like everything else at life."

Jack glanced at the pair of chattering ponies in the cabin, raising an eyebrow at their apparent cheer. "They have the look of warriors, and they're chattering at a time like this?" He wondered. "They're about to face death in the eye." His amazement slowly turned bittersweet. " Not that I'll care if I die. Might as well enjoy the last days of my life."

The brown pegasus let out a hollow chuckle. He didn't exactly plan to die. Prior to the trip, he had refined his sword skills once more, and bought the best wing blades that he could afford. He just hoped that it would be enough.

@@Unicorncob,@@J.R.,  

Getting off of his seat, he ambled over to the pair of chattering ponies, hoping he had enough charisma to join the conversation. Raising a hoof, he interrupted "Hello, you guys going up the mountain too?"

The greatest challenge of his life, and he was still using small talk.

Copper nodded automatically, and fumbled in his saddlebags, finding his I.D.  Eventually, he found it, and showed it to the stallion in question.  "Here it is.  I'm at 22 years and counting."

And it showed, his I.D. had his birth date, which was 22 years ago, and the smile that's shown in his face.

The stallion looked over it for a minute, before looking up at him with an almost sympathetic look. But still amused, vaguely. 

"Bud, this expired two weeks ago. Can't serve ya, or I'll risk my job. I can still serve ya some iced tea, or maybe some cider, though. That sound good?"

Rhetoric smiled greatly "Thank you sir, its been a long walk I must say..." he took the stout to his muzzle and drank deep with a sigh "Anyway, as far as stories go, why don't you tell the one you'd prefer me to hear. I've got all day and all night if need be and my ears are itching to listen" he leaned on the bar, intent on learning all he could of the little area  

"Well, I suppose I'll talk about the story that came first...See, way, way back when the idol was first lost, Griffonstone started to fall apart. The city outside the kingdom was the first to fall apart. Farms dried up, streams for spearing fish became scarce, and the hunting fields became barren. Looking back on it, if we had just toughed it out that season, perhaps Griffonstone might be standing tall toady. But alas...A rebellion was formed, and declared independence from the kingdom. They set off, to find better land to live in, taking as much rations as they could when they went. If the lowered supplies hadn't been enough of a blow to Griffonstone, the loss of their farmers, cobblers, and other small-trade workers leaving was worse then pulling out the stool they were struggling to balance on."

"This group that left the kingdom, journeyed north, and didn't stop until they found better land. Which happened to be here, at the base of a mountain. But...Strange things happen, near that mountain, there. Enough for stories to circulate, about some mystic force that reanimates someone into a fighting fiend, near the mountain. Of course, most beings disregard it as some folktale, but anyone who's come within a mile of that mountain'll tell you...They're real."

"Which of course, brings us to our next story--Mount Kaalro's folklore. Or I guess you could call this story, a legend."

"Well, I suppose I'll talk about the story that came first...See, way, way back when the idol was first lost, Griffonstone started to fall apart. The city outside the kingdom was the first to fall apart. Farms dried up, streams for spearing fish became scarce, and the hunting fields became barren. Looking back on it, if we had just toughed it out that season, perhaps Griffonstone might be standing tall toady. But alas...A rebellion was formed, and declared independence from the kingdom. They set off, to find better land to live in, taking as much rations as they could when they went. If the lowered supplies hadn't been enough of a blow to Griffonstone, the loss of their farmers, cobblers, and other small-trade workers leaving was worse then pulling out the stool they were struggling to balance on."   "This group that left the kingdom, journeyed north, and didn't stop until they found better land. Which happened to be here, at the base of a mountain. But...Strange things happen, near that mountain, there. Enough for stories to circulate, about some mystic force that reanimates someone into a fighting fiend, near the mountain. Of course, most beings disregard it as some folktale, but anyone who's come within a mile of that mountain'll tell you...They're real."   "Which of course, brings us to our next story--Mount Kaalro's folklore. Or I guess you could call this story, a legend."

Rhetoric listened intently and drank from his stout "Now, with the understanding  that the world around us is indeed magical. I take it that these legends are actually true. That this moutain can do all you say?" it was obvious the stallion was interested 

"If so, I can only imagine the type of crowd it brings to your small community sir. Sounds like the type of moutain folks try to scale, merely because "it's there", of course I am known to make many poor assumptions. So dear teller of stories, would you be so kind to fill in the gaps for me?"   

Edited by The Down Trotten

@@P-Jay

Copper looked confused as all get out at the bartender, then looked at his I.D.  It was true, it was expired.  He smacked himself in the head and said, "Stupid me, I thought I already did it.  Oh well.  Yeah, I'll go with some iced tea, please.  I need to cool down, anyways."

He put his expired I.D back in his saddlebag, making a mental note to get his I.D situation fixed.

Tyra tilted her head to the other side, still not wrapping her head around it. "Magic is such a strange thing... I still do not like it though." She shuddered. Thanks to her family's bloodlines, her intense strength and endurance came at the cost of an extreme weakness to magic.

She then grinned up at Ice. "What do we do for now, my friend?" She asked, figuring Ice would appreciate the change of subject.

Jack stared blankly at the landscape as it whizzed by, wondering what exactly had driven him to be here in the first place. Was it curiosity? Promise of adventure? Or the sheer need to have a goal in life? 

"What's the point?" Jack mumbled. "I'll never reach the top."

He slumped down on his seat, letting out a heavy sigh.

"Just like everything else at life."

Jack glanced at the pair of chattering ponies in the cabin, raising an eyebrow at their apparent cheer. "They have the look of warriors, and they're chattering at a time like this?" He wondered. "They're about to face death in the eye." His amazement slowly turned bittersweet. " Not that I'll care if I die. Might as well enjoy the last days of my life."

The brown pegasus let out a hollow chuckle. He didn't exactly plan to die. Prior to the trip, he had refined his sword skills once more, and bought the best wing blades that he could afford. He just hoped that it would be enough.

@@Unicorncob,@@J.R.,  

Getting off of his seat, he ambled over to the pair of chattering ponies, hoping he had enough charisma to join the conversation. Raising a hoof, he interrupted "Hello, you guys going up the mountain too?"

"Well, I was getting a little hungry. Why don't we--" Before he could finish, his piece was interrupted once again by someone else new it seemed. Ice looked over at the new pony, hoping that at least this guy would be less rude compared to the other one he had met a moment ago. "Uhh...maybe?"

"Well, I was getting a little hungry. Why don't we--" Before he could finish, his piece was interrupted once again by someone else new it seemed. Ice looked over at the new pony, hoping that at least this guy would be less rude compared to the other one he had met a moment ago. "Uhh...maybe?"

"Ah, so you're gonna check if the mountain's worth the risk?" Jack inferred. "Smart move, from what I heard, it's pretty damn dangerous. I'm still having second thoughts about going there."

The pegasus's eye briefly darted to the smaller mare. Was she his Daughter? Why would he being a kid along with him to the mountain? By their looks, they seemed pretty unrelated. Jack decided not to press the issue, on the off chance that she was just a really short pony.

"Oh, you 2 were probably deep in conversation. I'll piss off now."

Jack half hoped that they would ask him to stay. They probably had better things to do though.

Edited by Altmile

((This spooky text symbolizes the Widow. It will be underlined if audible to those nearby.))

@@DwhitetheGamer, @@P-Jay,

Lost and alone on this hellish mechanism, headed for your pitiful demise. Yet you are not fearful. Tell me why, Mori. Do you desire death?

"I desire only to deliver a sign of respite to the brave souls who have gone before."

Mori opened her eyes and brushed the mist clinging to her face to one side as she stood up, Durandos a familiar weight on her back as she adjusted her cloak and her bag. She had heard legends of this mountain, a test of courage that most never returned from, and of the legends of the spirits that resided there in defense of their fallen bodies, left to rot on the frozen mountain- and for good reason. Mere ponies could not scale the mountain, and between the spirits and the harsh conditions, merely setting hoof onto it was almost a death sentence.

But she was no mere pony. Much to her disappointment.

Quietly, Mori stood and stalked down the hall. There were bound to be others headed towards the mountaintop, and discussing with them the potential challenges ahead would be a fine place to start. Secretly, she wondered how the mainlands were different from their island home.

As she started down the hall, she came across a young stallion sitting by himself at the bar, the blue of his coat standing out from the other colors nearby. She paused, and turned to look at him. He seemed like a good place to start attempting to socialize. Before she opened the door, a familiar, harsh whisper sounded in her ears again.

A young pony, with a hidden power. But look, he is but a child, drinking tea offered as pity to a young customer! You have spent more time in the graveyards than he has been alive. What use have we for such a pitiful creature?

Mori ignored the mist and took a step forwards.

Leave him. Do not trouble your eyes with this outcast.

Opening the door, she quietly sat down a few seats away from the blue pony- but just as she did so, the Widow spoke out again, this time to the pony.

"Have you come to seek your death upon this iron contraption as well, fool? Or will you act your age and stay behind your mother's skirt?"

"Silence," Mori stated. "That is no way to speak to one who is above us."

Your attraction to this one is unreasonable. Are you stricken in your heart? Or, perhaps, in your head?

"It is called being 'respectful'," returned Mori, seemingly talking to air at this point. "Perhaps you have never heard of the term."

She took a moment to enjoy the silence before turning to the bartender. "What would you have in stock, master barkeeper? I am not from around here, and I am unfamiliar with this regions' drinks of choice."

Tyra blinked at the new pony, a bit curious at his sudden appearance and introduction. Though, she saw no reason not to answer.

"Aye, we are!" She nodded with a grin. "We are going to see into the legend of the mountain!"

"Ah, so you're gonna check if the mountain's worth the risk?" Jack inferred. "Smart move, from what I heard, it's pretty damn dangerous. I'm still having second thoughts about going there."

The pegasus's eye briefly darted to the smaller mare. Was she his Daughter? Why would he being a kid along with him to the mountain? By their looks, they seemed pretty unrelated. Jack decided not to press the issue, on the off chance that she was just a really short pony.

"Oh, you 2 were probably deep in conversation. I'll piss off now."

Jack half hoped that they would ask him to stay. They probably had better things to do though.

She tilted her head to the other side. Why was everypony so hesitant to speak?

She looked up at the stallion, being a few inches shorter than mares her age. "Nay, there is no need to."

Tyra blinked at the new pony, a bit curious at his sudden appearance and introduction. Though, she saw no reason not to answer.

"Aye, we are!" She nodded with a grin. "We are going to see into the legend of the mountain!"

She tilted her head to the other side. Why was everypony so hesitant to speak?

She looked up at the stallion, being a few inches shorter than mares her age. "Nay, there is no need to."

Ice blinked, wondering why exactly the train was so...apprehensive at best. Maybe it might've been the atmosphere of which the environment took place. No matter what the case, though, the train was getting closer to the station. "Weird...everyone's awkward like this is prom night or something. Didn't realize everything made everyone a bit loose." He looked over to Tyra, "Maybe we should leave him. If he's not interested, then we shouldn't pester him. Besides, we're close to Griffonstone now."

Copper looked confused as all get out at the bartender, then looked at his I.D.  It was true, it was expired.  He smacked himself in the head and said, "Stupid me, I thought I already did it.  Oh well.  Yeah, I'll go with some iced tea, please.  I need to cool down, anyways."

He put his expired I.D back in his saddlebag, making a mental note to get his I.D situation fixed.

She took a moment to enjoy the silence before turning to the bartender. "What would you have in stock, master barkeeper? I am not from around here, and I am unfamiliar with this regions' drinks of choice."

"Sure bud." He shuffled around behind the bar, pouring the tea, and serving it up before hearing talking. Looking at the direction, and frowning when he only saw a mare. Strange, he could've sworn he heard that mare talking to someone else. But, considering how he occasionally got a visit from the shadows, talking to a being no-one else could see was nothing new. At least, to him.

"Ma'am, I have a lot of drinks, it depends on what your preference is. Here, I'll scrap up a menu..." 

He slid the plastic towards her. "Though, if I'm being honest, you look like a cider pony to me."

Rhetoric listened intently and drank from his stout "Now, with the understanding  that the world around us is indeed magical. I take it that these legends are actually true. That this moutain can do all you say?" it was obvious the stallion was interested 

"If so, I can only imagine the type of crowd it brings to your small community sir. Sounds like the type of moutain folks try to scale, merely because "it's there", of course I am known to make many poor assumptions. So dear teller of stories, would you be so kind to fill in the gaps for me?"   

"See, once we settled here, two generations later...A dragon made an appearance. It was huge, gargantuan, enough so to cast a shadow over our settlement. Blocking out the sun, as it flew into the mountain. It had to blow off the tip, to fit in, or so the stories say. That's when griffons started to make it a point, a challenge, to climb the mountain."

"Records claim that the dragon was a wyrm, with a size that allowed it to blow apart cities with minimal effort. Larger then normal dragons, and it was supposedly in  it's early adolescent stage."

"It was then that the legends surrounding the mountain became labeled as true. This dragon was no stranger to the magic arts--it's mountain was in tune with it's own power, and as a result, the land became as deadly as the fury of a dragon's wrath."

"Now...We named it Mount Kaalro, because in Griffonstone, we used to have a philosophy...That those who defeat a dragon, are recognized as champions. In the older languages spoken, Kaalro translates to Champion's. And it has been gaining infamy ever since. Most people climb it, in hopes of snagging the dragon's supposed treasure, but to us griffons...It's about seeing, if you're truly strong enough, to make a difference."

"Strong enough, to become a legend."

Edited by P-Jay

@@@P-Jay,

(Rage incoming.  Italics means fury speak.)

Copper said, "Thank you," to the stallion and began to drink his tea until looked up, swearing he heard a voice.  Then the remark of being young infuriated him even more.  The rage in his eyes was all-apparent, as he looked directly at a pony a few seats across.

"Tell whoever said that to me, that I.  Am.  No.  Child."

He turned back to the bartender and waved a dismissive hoof to him before he could ask why he was upset.  "My apologies.  I'm not in the best of moods today."  He then continued drinking his tea.

• Brohoof 1

Ignoring all that entered and exited the tavern, a grizzled, middle aged minotaur sat upon a wooden bench that nearly faltered under his own weight, immediately to the left of the doorway. With a hide that was as blackened as the remnants of a burnt forest, his contrast against the snow could catch the eye of any whom ventured near. Of course, this was not the only cause of curiosity from among the passerby's. Perhaps it was the fact that he was armed to the teeth with a plethora of weapons to choose from. Maybe it was the shrill cry of grindstone as it struck against the blade of a zweihander, honing a great hunk of steel that, when swung full force by him, often found that those on the receiving end were akin to a stick of butter in terms of durability. 

And if even this was not enough to shoulder the burden of proof that he was indeed here in an attempt to scale the grand mountain, then surely, the quiver full of arrows that was coupled alongside a hunting bow with enough draw force to potentially ground a chimera in one fell shot spoke for him in a way that he was unable to express. But whilst the imposing zweihander and the bow seemed to occupy the forefront of his display, nothing caught the eye quite like the claymore that was lying adjacent to him upon the bench. Though it was sheathed within its leather brown scabbard, one could ascertain that this blade carried far more significance than any other armament that this minotaur owned. Its pommel, encircled by a glimmering silver, played host to an emerald gemstone that had been painstakingly crafted into a perfect sphere and mounted below the hilt of the sword. The crossguard, if one was bold enough to get close to, or was keen of sight, could be observed as having intricate engravings, depicting a great ursa at odds with a wyrm of the skies, snarling and sneering at each other as though they were bitter enemies cursed to contend with each other until the world's end. 

These engravings told stories, much like the countless sinews of scar tissue that pervaded the giant's right arm, though it was a safe guess that there were many more upon his body, shrouded from sight by his various adornments. Upon his left arm, an iron manica, finely layered with multiple metal sheets that endeavored to defend his dominant hand while trading blows with an enemy. The harness of which fit snugly around around his torso and opposite shoulder. At his hooves, sitting upon a pack of various supplies needed for survival in the wilderness, was the skull of a great elk. The skull, with antlers still intact, had been fashioned into a ceremonial  mask of some sorts, with a line of red warpaint beginning at where the right tear duct would have been, and ending with a steady stream down the cheek. From the sheer size of the skull, one could tell that the creature it had been poached from was of even greater stature than the lone minotaur was, though, it was equally obvious whom the stronger was between the both of them.

the minotaur sighed as he finished sharpening the zweihander. Looking over towards the claymore that lay beside him, the journey that he was soon to take did not come to mind. The only thing that did at this point was a small Taurette, of whom's own emerald eyes outshone even the jewel that was worked into the sword's frame. He shook his head subconsciously, burdened by the fact that the reason her eyes glimmered with such youthful hope was because she wanted to be just like her father. Just like him. And as much as he wished to dissuade her from such a path, he would rise to the occasion in an effort to ready her for anything the future held in store for his very own daughter. If she truly wanted to be recognized as a worthy warrior in her father's eyes, then she would eventually come to this hallowed mountain, as he had now. The only question was this; would even he be a match for such a perilous ascent? 

• Brohoof 1

Ice blinked, wondering why exactly the train was so...apprehensive at best. Maybe it might've been the atmosphere of which the environment took place. No matter what the case, though, the train was getting closer to the station. "Weird...everyone's awkward like this is prom night or something. Didn't realize everything made everyone a bit loose." He looked over to Tyra, "Maybe we should leave him. If he's not interested, then we shouldn't pester him. Besides, we're close to Griffonstone now."

Tyra gave Ice a small nod. "Aye, you are correct. Some ponies prefer to be alone, especially with such a perilous climb ahead of them, yes?"

She took the axe from her back and gave it one last inspection. A double-edged blade of enchanted steel, embedded with parts of the souls of her ancestors before her who had wielded the weapon. Her clan had been behind her throughout her journeys across the world and against every opponent. Hopefully they would help her once again on the mountain.

She returned the axe to its harness and grinned up at Ice. "We shall arrive soon at Griffonstone. Perhaps we may have a drink and relax a little before our journey, yes?"

Tyra gave Ice a small nod. "Aye, you are correct. Some ponies prefer to be alone, especially with such a perilous climb ahead of them, yes?"

She took the axe from her back and gave it one last inspection. A double-edged blade of enchanted steel, embedded with parts of the souls of her ancestors before her who had wielded the weapon. Her clan had been behind her throughout her journeys across the world and against every opponent. Hopefully they would help her once again on the mountain.

She returned the axe to its harness and grinned up at Ice. "We shall arrive soon at Griffonstone. Perhaps we may have a drink and relax a little before our journey, yes?"

"Probably." Suddenly, the train came to a stop, steam whooshing out from the sides as it froze to a standstill. They had finally arrived at Griffonstone station. Ice noticed this, and looked outside, "Well, here we go." He trotted towards the exit, and got off the train, beckoning Tyra to follow, "C'mon. There might be a bar or something around."

@@P-Jay,

"Tell whoever said that to me, that I. Am. No. Child."

Spectral laughter filled Mori's ears, but the Widow didn't say a word to the stallion seated nearby. Mori remained stoic, reviewing the menu as she combed her billowing mane out of her face, trying to make sense of the menu. Applewoods Special? Griffonstone Storm? Why do they give these odd names to their liquor? Another custom I do not understand... Shaking her head, she handed the menu back. "Yes, master bartender... I think cider would be the best option." She quietly produced a few coins and placed them on the table. "Thank you..."

She then turned to the obviously jarred stallion. "Forgive me the rudeness of my forced companion, master....?" She left the statement open for a second before continuing. "I came here not to insult you, but to potentially inquire for a chance of some small conversation. Are you headed towards this 'mountain' as well?"

"Of course the child is. Why would anyone be going this far otherwise? Perhaps you should ponder your questions before speaking, lest he think that you are the youngling."

"If you do not remain silent," Mori said aside, "you will be punished accordingly." She shook her head as the spirit quieted. "I beg for your forgiveness, master... she is usually not this talkative."

"See, once we settled here, two generations later...A dragon made an appearance. It was huge, gargantuan, enough so to cast a shadow over our settlement. Blocking out the sun, as it flew into the mountain. It had to blow off the tip, to fit in, or so the stories say. That's when griffons started to make it a point, a challenge, to climb the mountain."   "Records claim that the dragon was a wyrm, with a size that allowed it to blow apart cities with minimal effort. Larger then normal dragons, and it was supposedly in  it's early adolescent stage."   "It was then that the legends surrounding the mountain became labeled as true. This dragon was no stranger to the magic arts--it's mountain was in tune with it's own power, and as a result, the land became as deadly as the fury of a dragon's wrath."   "Now...We named it Mount Kaalro, because in Griffonstone, we used to have a philosophy...That those who defeat a dragon, are recognized as champions. In the older languages spoken, Kaalro translates to Champion's. And it has been gaining infamy ever since. Most people climb it, in hopes of snagging the dragon's supposed treasure, but to us griffons...It's about seeing, if you're truly strong enough, to make a difference."   "Strong enough, to become a legend."

Rhetoric finished his stout and placed the mug down, deep in thought with the old griffon's words. "A legend you say?  Hmmmm, I suppose most who treck up the moutain are warriors, fighters of skill yes?" he mused bit more and poked his head into his worn saddle bag 

"Tell me, wise story teller, where I could buy rations and a warm coat for this journey, I believe it's time for the moutain to meet a new type of visitor" he stood up from the bar, looking rather determined about the ordeal, was it spur of the moment? Certainly. Did he care? Certainly not.  

"Probably." Suddenly, the train came to a stop, steam whooshing out from the sides as it froze to a standstill. They had finally arrived at Griffonstone station. Ice noticed this, and looked outside, "Well, here we go." He trotted towards the exit, and got off the train, beckoning Tyra to follow, "C'mon. There might be a bar or something around."

Tyra beamed and hopped off the train after Ice. The air was colder here, but her thick coat made it easy to bare. She barely even felt it.

"Ahh, Griffonstone!" She sighed, breathing in the chilly air. "The finest drinks and rock food Equestria has to offer, yes?" She grinned up at her friend.

Tyra beamed and hopped off the train after Ice. The air was colder here, but her thick coat made it easy to bare. She barely even felt it.

"Ahh, Griffonstone!" She sighed, breathing in the chilly air. "The finest drinks and rock food Equestria has to offer, yes?" She grinned up at her friend.

"Yeah, for Griffons mostly, though. Ponies hardly come up here." Ice nodded in reply, and sniffed the air. It felt a bit stony around the area, but considering the name of the town they were in, it made sense. The surrounding area looked very precarious, and jagged. If one didn't have the right sort of traction on these steep ledges, they'd be needing more than a magic spell or a 1-Up to save them.

However, for Ice, this wasn't a problem since he had been in much more slick environments before.

As they neared the tavern, he noticed a massive minotaur sitting alone outside. Frankly, he was very hard to miss and he should've seen the guy as soon as he stepped hoof from the train. The bull man was very familiar as well, looking like someone whom Tyra had met awhile ago. The event was almost impossible to forget. Semantics of such weren't exactly in his repertoire to say the least.

In other words, he didn't really know exactly how to approach the minotaur, and in his mind had started trying ideas of what to say. Unfortunately, nothing popped up. What made it worse was the fact that he knew he and Tyra were good friends and seemingly had something..connected somehow. He wasn't sure exactly what, but he did know that it would only be awkward and a bit...strange if he was just...there.

Naturally, he knew avoiding a concern wasn't the best solution, but wanted to at least give Tyra some time alone to spend with another one of her friends. "I'm gonna go see if I can't find a place they sell fish at. You go ahead and grab some drinks, and I'll meet up with ya later." With a grin, he made a turn to leave her with the minotaur so they could do what they do. For now, he wanted them to get back together.

"I'm gonna go see if I can't find a place they sell fish at. You go ahead and grab some drinks, and I'll meet up with ya later."

Tyra blinked at her friend, then nodded with a grin. "I shall see you later then. Try and see if there is any frost salmon!"

She trotted toward the tavern, and halted as soon as she saw a large minotaur sitting by the door. And she recognised that minotaur.

"LOREC!!"

Her grin went ear to ear as she galloped toward the larger creature, and leaped up to wrap her hooves around his thick neck.

"How are you, my friend?!" She chirped, her braided tail waggling happily. "It has been far too long!"

@

Copper was just about ready to explode, but the thought of being called 'master' prevented any form of yelling.  Instead, he looked at the pony in question with utter confusion.  "Say what?  My apologies, but I'm not your, 'master.'"

Then he grinned at the pony.  "Well, If I'm a 'child', then why isn't this place blown to bits?  If I am a child, I wouldn't have proper control of my power."

, @DwhitetheGamer

The stallion behind the bar whistled to himself once the two started to talk, making it a point not to get involved in whatever beef might rise. Although, considering the mare's tone, it shouldn't hit the boiling point.

He set the cider in front of Memento, "the train's stopped. Just thought I'd let you two know."

@J.R., @Unicorncob,

The city of Griffonstone was, as usual, a slump. Broken down walls that used to be houses, shattered statues, and scattered griffons stalking about, in search of a profit. Ice, Tyra, and Lorec would be feeling watched. Judged. Their purpose in this city, questioned. 

Nearly all of them looked like an introvert, scavenging for whatever might be of use, on their own. A few intact houses, that were obviously occupied, and loosely guarded against visitors, was seen in the area--but for the most part, it looked as if this place held next to no possible businesses. There was a stand, in which a griffon was selling baked rocks ('Now with added hay for flavor!'), but there wasn't much any else for buying anything. Although, one could probably persuade a griffon to abandon a meal, in exchange for bits...

The tavern of the town was the only spot that could barely be passed as social. But even then, no-one inside it spoke a word to eachother. 

Edited by P-Jay

Ice realized that the place was a bit on edge with them around, but he figured that he shouldn't do anything major within the town, and he'd be fine. Unfortunately, his goal to find fish was somewhat....stalled due to the fact there was seemingly no shops around. "Crap. Looks like I'll have to go somewhere else..."

In his mind he had remembered walking past a river on the way here. "Guto River..." He made another turn, aiming towards the outermost portions of the city.