Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Markings of a Legend (RP)

P-Jay

@@Unicorncob

Not given enough time to respond to Tyra's erratic embrace properly, the great bull was dumbfounded to find her presence here at first, but that was soon replaced by a proper emotional response: the sheer joy of jubilant reunion. With the small Viking pony dangling from his neck, Lorec returned the hug with an envelopment of his own, with all lingering worries ceasing to bother him.

Squeezing her tight, Lorec chuckled out loud, an action that not many could get him to perform. Allowing the Zweihander to tip over in favor of having more room to maneuver, he stood with her still in tow, allowing her hooves to dangle in the air. The size comparison was almost humorous, with his own fist being comparable to that thick skull she was so famous for having. Indeed, she was like a goddaughter to him. If it hadn't been for the grand battle that had taken place in Bangcolt months prior between them, then Lorec would not be in the elevated state that he occupied today, both spiritually, and mentally as well.

" Tyra.... It's been months since our last meeting! How have you been? " Lorec took a knee, though being as stubborn as he was, he wouldn't allow his grip to falter until she decided to let go... Some habits, such as his stubborn competitiveness amongst close friends and kin, never truly ceased to exist as a personality quirk of his.

Not given enough time to respond to Tyra's erratic embrace properly, the great bull was dumbfounded to find her presence here at first, but that was soon replaced by a proper emotional response: the sheer joy of jubilant reunion. With the small Viking pony dangling from his neck, Lorec returned the hug with an envelopment of his own, with all lingering worries ceasing to bother him.

Squeezing her tight, Lorec chuckled out loud, an action that not many could get him to perform. Allowing the Zweihander to tip over in favor of having more room to maneuver, he stood with her still in tow, allowing her hooves to dangle in the air. The size comparison was almost humorous, with his own fist being comparable to that thick skull she was so famous for having. Indeed, she was like a goddaughter to him. If it hadn't been for the grand battle that had taken place in Bangcolt months prior between them, then Lorec would not be in the elevated state that he occupied today, both spiritually, and mentally as well.

" Tyra.... It's been months since our last meeting! How have you been? " Lorec took a knee, though being as stubborn as he was, he wouldn't allow his grip to falter until she decided to let go... Some habits, such as his stubborn competitiveness amongst close friends and kin, never truly ceased to exist as a personality quirk of his.

Tyra was elated to share a hug with Lorec, after becoming close friends with the enormous minotaur following the toughest fight she had ever been in. She still found it hard to believe that, technically, she had won.

She grinned from the tight squeeze, and gave it back slightly, making sure not to hurt his neck.

"I have been quite well, old friend!" She chirped, looking right at his face. "How have you been? Oh, Sifana too! Is she here with you also?"

@@J.R.,

"Oh, interesting. We are more similar that I initially thought, then... I am one of the last from my home, too..."

Mori shouldered her shovel, having cleared a large swath of the library ground. She gave one last look around before smiling slightly towards Ice and bowing. "It was nice to meet you, Master Ice. I hope that our paths may cross again. May your road be ever blessed before you..."

Straightening, she began to walk away towards the local tavern on her last stop before she would begin her journey northwards- lingering just a moment, however, giving Ice an opportunity to speak if he so desired.

@,

"Heh. That's pretty interesting." Ice nodded, giving her a quick wave of his hoof. "Hey, it was good to meet ya. Hope to see you around and uh...good luck to you too and all that stuff." After finding the books he needed, he looked around to see if there was any sort of place to check them out.

@@Unicorncob@@@P-Jay,

So they must be good friends, which didn't bother Copper.  He didn't mind seeing what he was seeing, but now he had to get himself ready for the trip up the mountain.  So he trotted a small distance away from the duo in the center of town, then stood on his back hooves.  He was used to standing on his back hooves ever since gaining his unicorn powers, and though it may look weird, it served a purpose.  He began at a slow pace, moving his fore-hooves back and forth in a swaying motion, to try and keep his magic intact.

Rhetoric laughed "you need the money way more then I do, so sounds like a deal to me." he would wait for the transaction to occur and with a thankful bow and one last goodbye to the kind folks trotted outside and searched for the Inn.

The small settlement was easy enough to navigate so finding the cozy looking inn was simple. Plodding in he trotted up to main desk "Excuse me I was told I could acquire a jacket here? I don't have any money to pay you, but perhaps I could split some wood, or do some work for you in exchange?" he smiled warmly, hoping to convoy the idea that he indeed worked for most of the things he had in life anyway 

"Best of luck!" The griffon called out after him, as he left. Adding 'he'll definitely need it', once he was out of earshot...

The inn was homely, and radiated a positive vibe. It was surprisingly stocked, as if the majority of the hamlet's people resided inside there. A younger, male griffon sat at the desk, raising an eyebrow when the newcomer asked for a jacket. 

He must be going up the mountain. That's why anyone ever comes around here, anyways. 

"Yeah, we could use some split wood. Gets cold at night this time of year, and I've kinda neglected that chore. I'll trade ya my jacket--it's pretty durable and insulates warmth well, and I just got a new one--no sense keeping both. There's an ax and logs out back, knock yourself out."

Tyra was elated to share a hug with Lorec, after becoming close friends with the enormous minotaur following the toughest fight she had ever been in. She still found it hard to believe that, technically, she had won.

She grinned from the tight squeeze, and gave it back slightly, making sure not to hurt his neck.

"I have been quite well, old friend!" She chirped, looking right at his face. "How have you been? Oh, Sifana too! Is she here with you also?"

Lorec, now looking into her eyes as well, smiled warmly. Deciding that a friendly competition between two of the world's most stubborn beings could wait for another time, the beastly Minotaur lowered her to the ground, and broke off the encirclement around her small frame.

" I've been doing well, Tyra. In fact, I feel as though I'm still in my early twenties these days. " He rested his elbows on his bent knee, and continued onward, though there was some hesitation within his voice when it came to speaking of his daughter. " ... Sifana is as healthy and hardy as ever. Due to our fight, she's decided to follow in the steps of her old man, it seems... " He shook his head, grin turning to a visage of bittersweet pride. "... Not exactly the road I wished for her to take, but if that's what she wants, I've got no right to hold her back. Due to her training, along with my own, we've temporarily moved back home, to Sadauris. She's been left in capable hands, while I'm here to complete a sacred pilgrimage. "

For a moment, Lorec turned his head towards the elk skull, which was still resting upon his rucksack. His brows rose a tad, remembering how difficult it was to talk down a Great Saduarian Ash Elk with bare minimal equipment and while solo. His actions indicated that this skull must have been an integral part of his journey... Snapping his head back to Tyra, he spoke out one last time. " So Tyra, what brings you here? "

" I've been doing well, Tyra. In fact, I feel as though I'm still in my early twenties these days. " He rested his elbows on his bent knee, and continued onward, though there was some hesitation within his voice when it came to speaking of his daughter. " ... Sifana is as healthy and hardy as ever. Due to our fight, she's decided to follow in the steps of her old man, it seems... " He shook his head, grin turning to a visage of bittersweet pride. "... Not exactly the road I wished for her to take, but if that's what she wants, I've got no right to hold her back. Due to her training, along with my own, we've temporarily moved back home, to Sadauris. She's been left in capable hands, while I'm here to complete a sacred pilgrimage. "

"Ahh, Sifana has also chosen to walk the path of a warrior!" Tyra chirped, bouncing in place slightly as she began to think of the young minotaur challenging her to a match one day. "I would be honoured to face her in a friendly spar one day!"

For a moment, Lorec turned his head towards the elk skull, which was still resting upon his rucksack. His brows rose a tad, remembering how difficult it was to talk down a Great Saduarian Ash Elk with bare minimal equipment and while solo. His actions indicated that this skull must have been an integral part of his journey... Snapping his head back to Tyra, he spoke out one last time. " So Tyra, what brings you here? "

She blinked as she eyed up the skull on Lorec's rucksack. She wasn't sure, but it had to be something important. Lorec wouldn't have it if it weren't important, after all.

"Ah!" She grinned at his question. "I had heard stories of the mountain here, and of its trials! It would be a great honour to be the first Shatterhoof to master the mountain, yes?" She puffed out her chest with pride.

@@Unicorncob

Lorec's smile faded as his lips creased back into their usual stoicism. Reaching towards the Zweihander, Lorec hoisted the colossal armament back into its rightful place, which was upon his backside with sheathe protecting the restored blade from the elements. Whoever had reforged the sword certainly was of superior talent, considering that the blade looked sharp enough to cut a leaf that was dropped onto its surface. With Tyra now barely standing as tall as his knee, Lorec crossed his arms, staring down at the mare who aspired to be a legend. "... Well then, looks like we are here for the same reason. I'm also looking to scale the mountain. And as for my daughter, I can't exactly say I'm thrilled. You already know what I had to put behind me, Tyra. Do you really think I wish that same possibility on her? "

Edited by Guts

Lorec's smile faded as his lips creased back into their usual stoicism. Reaching towards the Zweihander, Lorec hoisted the colossal armament back into its rightful place, which was upon his backside with sheathe protecting the restored blade from the elements. Whoever had reforged the sword certainly was of superior talent, considering that the blade looked sharp enough to cut a leaf that was dropped onto its surface. With Tyra now barely standing as tall as his knee, Lorec crossed his arms, staring down at the mare who aspired to be a legend. "... Well then, looks like we are here for the same reason. I'm also looking to scale the mountain. And as for my daughter, I can't exactly say I'm thrilled. You already know what I had to put behind me, Tyra. Do you really think I wish that same possibility on her? "

"Ah, this is good fortune!" Tyra grinned, at hearing Lorec was also there to climb the mountain. "Perhaps we may work together to reach the summit, yes?"

Her grin faded as he went on about Sifana, and she swiftly shook her head. "That is not what I meant! I simply thought she might pursue a path I followed, by travelling and meeting new challenges on her own terms. I meant no offense, old friend."

@@Unicorncob, @, @@P-Jay, @@J.R., @@DwhitetheGamer,

Mori's walk towards the tavern was suddenly interrupted by a truly odd spectacle- the odd pony from the train dancing in the square, and a minotaur and a... rather short pony trading conversation nearby. It was interesting to say the least. After giving the Widow a short period to comment on events that were occuring- which, surprisingly, she remained silent during- Mori quietly took out her shovel and, after a quick glace at the map she had picked up from the harbors, made her way around the center of town before exiting the town via the northern road.

As she walked, a musical note entered her head. Then another. Then... another. She shortly found herself humming to a familiar tune as she walked along the northern path. Soon after, her friends began mimicking the tune, the several dozen of them clinging to her mane vibrating in harmony to the music. Soon after, much to her surprise, the Widow herself joined in. Mori shifted the tune, moving from humming to chanting as she continued down the rocky road- and, much to her pleasure, the spirits soon followed suit, and before long, a few spirits were mimicking an organ, and the Widow was chanting the main melody to the song. It seemed so simple a pleasure, but Mori's spirit soared within her as she mentally guided the spiritual choir.

Those in the northern section of town would be surprised to hear what seemed to be an entire chorus, but when, in fact, it was merely Mori as she walked along the path, fading slowly as she began to put the miles behind her...

((She'll show up in to the hamlet in a few real days' time from now. If anything happens on the road, P-Jay- anything interesting that she might be interested in checking out- just mention me. :catface:))

After checking out what few books he could from what was left of the library, Ice had started doing some other things. Primarily of which was stocking up on what little supplies and information he needed. He had already cooked the salmon he had found over a controlled fire he built near a clearing just outside of the town, and had put it out.

Now that he had done that, it was onto the next thing on his list. Which was naturally scouting ahead. From whatever he could find, he wanted to be able to get a visual feel for the type of terrain he'd be traversing on the way to the mountain. Ice climbed up a tree, and used a pair of ice binoculars to look out over the horizon farther than he could before.

"This should be good."

• Brohoof 1

@@@P-Jay,

Copper stopped, for he could've swore he heard singing from a distance.  It sounded, beautiful to him, and he wanted to hear it again.  So he used his magic again to fly to the northern section of town, as it was apparent it was where the music was.

When he landed, he could see Mori walking.  Was she the one responsible for this?  He shrugged, not knowing what had happened.  He trotted to meet her once again, saying in a more delighted tone, "Excuse me.  What in Equestria was that beautiful music and song?  Did you do it?"

@@DwhitetheGamer,

Mori ignored Copper at first, relishing in the music as it quietly toned down. Still smiling, she opened her eyes before they began again... and jumped about a mile in the air (metaphorically) when she realized he was standing nearby. The spirits very quickly resumed their normal whispers, more agitated than before seeing how they were interrupted. "Ah... hello, Master Strikes. I did not see you there..."

"Ah, the fool seeks us out. Are you enchanted by our clarion call, young one? Would you like to join the choir...? Fuhuhuhuhu..." A single spectral claw reached out from her hood and attempted to gently stroke Copper's face, and the faint beginnings of a glowing, predatory grin appeared in her mane. "I am sure that with a pretty voice like yours, our eulogies will sound sweeter still..."

"Please..." Mori whispered softly, pulling back the hand into her mane and tucking it into her hood. "Not now..."

Shaking her head slightly, she gave an embarrassed smile to Copper. "The song is a classical piece sometimes used at funeral processions. We were informed it was relatively well known on the mainland. Perhaps it is not familiar to you; but the song is traditionally played on the piano. I never learned how to play one as a child, so we found a modified version of it for choral use. It's one of the songs we like to sing while walking..."

"Did you do it?"

"Eh heh... heh..."

The whispers of her companions intensified still, apparently very clearly put off by being ignored by the stallion. She carefully lowered her hood and, producing a simple wooden comb, began to alternate between stroking it and combing the billowing mist that made up her mane, now left free to gust and flow in the chill breeze- an obvious nervous tic of some sort. "Please do not take offense, my friends... I am unsure if he knows of your presence..." she whispered before looking back at him and, nervously trying to appear natural, responded with, "We sang it together, yes... my friends and I..."

@

Copper just looked at Mori, unsure of what to say.  But at the moment of being called a fool, his look intensified into one of pure rage, and he spoke quietly but with pure anger evident, "The only fool here... is you.  You do not respect us mortals, especially those with power beyond your own in your former life, so hush now, or else you shall pay the price."

Afterwards, he calmed himself down, and spoke in a more gentle tone to Mori.  "Forgive me, I mean no harm unless I'm physically threatened, so as long as your friend stays out of my body, you and I will be okay."

When Mori spoke her last bit, Copper knew right then what she was talking about, since a spirit was talking to him.  "The spirits that surround us, can they hear me?  May I talk to them?"

• Brohoof 1

"The only fool here... is you. You do not respect us mortals, especially those with power beyond your own in your former life, so hush now, or else you shall pay the price."

"Fuhuhuhuhu... how easily your rage flows. If I were not bound by these peasants, I would have your soul on a platter before me, boy. Or perhaps in the gutter where ponies with such a lack of control over their emotions belong. How would you like that, hmm? Unable to do anything as your essence rots away before your very eyes..."

"Please..." begged Mori, eyes widening at his growing irritation. "Ignore her... she delights in antagonizing others. It is all she can do in this form; she can do no harm unless we allow it."

"The spirits that surround us, can they hear me? May I talk to them?"

"Well... um... my friends are..." She paused for a moment. "... well... I guess the best way to explain it is in a... metaphor, is it called? I don't know too many literary devices... Imagine if a single spirit was a cup of water. The best way to describe it is, when they made their home in my mane, they poured their glass of water into a single pond. They mix with all the other water and lose their identity, somewhat... She is the only one strong enough to maintain her own personality, and even then she has been... affected by the others. It is a long story."

"Anyways..." she said quietly. "If you wish to talk to them, there is nothing stopping you, but... I would not expect a coherent response from anyone except... her. They tend to communicate in simple terms or emotions..."

@

Copper had had enough.  He was growing sick and tired of Widow relentless taunting, and he exploded.  

"THEN DO IT!  STRIKE DOWN ON MY SOUL AND FEED ON IT!  IF YOU'RE THAT HUNGRY YOU WILL BREAK YOURSELF FREE FROM THESE FUCKING SPIRITS AND ENTER MY BODY!  YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A USELESS, PATHETIC, IGNORANT, WASTE-OF-MY-TIME DOUCHEBAG WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT HERSELF!  IF YOU-"

He stopped, realizing he was about to cry.  He just allowed it, bursting out and went on his knees, covering his eyes.  He knew he couldn't win, and he hated himself for bursting out.  But for now, he just cried.

@@DwhitetheGamer,

Mori was startled by the outburst and physically started to back away as he screamed at the spirit, carefully taking out her shovel and preparing herself in a defensive stance in case the pony flat out attacked her.

The Widow herself, however, took no pity on Copper sobbing on the ground before her.

"Oh, is the poor abused pony going to crawl up into a corner and cry himself a river? Can't take a few words- no matter how true they may be? I will not waste my infinitely important time dealing with overly-emotional brats like you. You merely weaken the population with your very presence, allowing me an easier time when my shadow will spread across the entire world..." As she continued to speak, Mori's mane billowed and shifted, and the whispers became much more pronounced- and audible to even Copper. Eventually, a pair of claws and a vaguely pony-shaped form clawed it's way into focus as it reached towards him. "But your power- your life force- it will do nicely as an appetizer, even as I leave you to rot on the cold stone ro-

CLANG!!!

Mori had swing her shovel perpendicular to her current stance, slamming the forming monster in the face with the shovel blade. Unlike normal weapons, however, the shovel did not pass through the ectoplasm- it made a hard stop right on the demonic spirit's nose. It immediately retreated, going up all the way towards Mori's head and bundling itself up in a tight ball, making her appear to have her hair done up in a neat bun. All of the whispers ceased immediately.

"Oww... your magic, your shovel, you wound me so... Accursed bindings..."

She held the position for a few moments before turning and quietly stalking back towards Copper. "I am so sorry, Master Strikes... I didn't think you'd take it so hard. Everyone else seemed to ignore her taunts..." She paused for a moment. "Are... you okay? I have some bread here, if you want some food... I know that I like to eat when I get stressed."

((I have decided to place emphasis on Mori's speaking role by putting it in a fancy font.))

• Brohoof 1

@

Copper still cried for a moment, but at word 'abuse', EVERYTHING seemed to have stopped.

Copper stood up again, the fury of his eyes returning at a greater force than before, when the strike happened.

"Abuse?"

He slowly walked up to Mori, the intense rage of his eyes tearing through Mori's soul like tearing apart paper, as he screamed even louder than before, his purple aura erupting in his wake.

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I HAVE BEEN THROUGH!"

It was too painful, his life.  All of the spirits could tell, he was abused in his past, and he hated every bit of it.  The reminder of abuse made him enraged, as his painful memories of him being beaten by not his parents, but other ponies for being different flooded his mind.  

Then he retreated back, his crying intensifying as he spoke to them all.  *sniff* "Why must Mori suffer for the actions by a pathetic spirit who doesn't know anything about my abusive life?" *sniff*

Ice meanwhile, had been busy looking over ever bit over the land ahead. The shouting from somewhere in the middle of town disrupted his concentration for a bit as he sat on top of the tree. "Woah..." It sent a chill through Ice's spine. Not because of the shouting itself, but because he wasn't exactly excited for whoever had to deal with the consequences of being a public nuisance. Of course, he for dang sure didn't wanna go check it out. Firstly, he was too busy trying to figure out the area he would traverse to get the mountain. Secondly, he knew some things just weren't worth it. From where he was, however, it sounded awfully faint, and made him start to think. "Jeez, I didn't know Griffons could give birth to that many children at once. Unless..."

"Is he... still upset? Fuhuhu... what a crybaby."

Mori ignored the tiny voice in the back of her head as she carefully backed away, her shovel still at the ready. She opened her mouth to speak- but what was left of her mane did it for her.

"Her curse... to bear... for her life..."

"If only they were capable of spewing out sentences that did not sound like they came out of a play."

Mori remained silent before stowing her shovel on her back. "Do not cry, Master Strikes... We understand how it is to feel abused in that sense. We were scorned and beaten whenever we left our home, even for necessities such as food and water..." She sighed. "So is the lot of those born different. Whether blessed or cursed, greater such as yourself or lesser such as me... most ponies will look down on us in an attempt to make themselves feel better for mediocrity. But such a thing is in the past for us, and we must learn to release these harmful memories, lest they detract from the task ahead."

After a pause, she continued. "... shall we sup together? She is incapable of harassing you anymore, at least for the time being... perhaps some food is in order." She carefully sat down and withdrew from her bags some bread and the canteen of cider from the train earlier. She tore off a sizable chunk and offered it to him with the canteen. "Dwell not on the past. Eat and drink if you would, Master Strikes, so to return some of your natural color."

@

Copper looked at the offering of food, and smiled warmly at the mare.  "Thank you."  he said, starting to eat slowly after speaking.

After about nine minutes of eating and drinking, he sighed happily at the mare.  He quietly cleaned himself up before saying.  "Thank you, again.  The food certainly has helped me calm down, for now."  He then gained an unamused expression while speaking to Widow.  "Widow, how would you feel if you were in my hooves, being bullied by someone like you?"

"Best of luck!" The griffon called out after him, as he left. Adding 'he'll definitely need it', once he was out of earshot...   The inn was homely, and radiated a positive vibe. It was surprisingly stocked, as if the majority of the hamlet's people resided inside there. A younger, male griffon sat at the desk, raising an eyebrow when the newcomer asked for a jacket.    He must be going up the mountain. That's why anyone ever comes around here, anyways.    "Yeah, we could use some split wood. Gets cold at night this time of year, and I've kinda neglected that chore. I'll trade ya my jacket--it's pretty durable and insulates warmth well, and I just got a new one--no sense keeping both. There's an ax and logs out back, knock yourself out."

Rhetoric smiled broadly "Why thank you sir, hopefully you should have a chord of wood before the sun falls" he trotted outside and saw the small pile of logs that needed to be split and with a snort of happiness picked up the near by axe and began to spilt the wood.

Such chores were tedious and boring and sweat inducing but considering it was a part of his past life and he prided himself on a job well done, the wood was indeed split and stacked within a timely manner, surprisingly before the day was done. When he entered the inn once more, the scholary pony was dripping with sweat and a smile "That should cover for the week more or less. Um before I leave, do you know if there's anyone here willing to trade an old hatchet for some work? I could use anything I can get you see"    

Rhetoric smiled broadly "Why thank you sir, hopefully you should have a chord of wood before the sun falls" he trotted outside and saw the small pile of logs that needed to be split and with a snort of happiness picked up the near by axe and began to spilt the wood.

Such chores were tedious and boring and sweat inducing but considering it was a part of his past life and he prided himself on a job well done, the wood was indeed split and stacked within a timely manner, surprisingly before the day was done. When he entered the inn once more, the scholary pony was dripping with sweat and a smile "That should cover for the week more or less. Um before I leave, do you know if there's anyone here willing to trade an old hatchet for some work? I could use anything I can get you see"    

The griffon behind the counter blinked. "The week? I was expectin' a day, or two, three at the most..." He rubbed the back of his head. "Always thought ponies were...Ah, it doesn't matter. You've gotten me out of a chore for a week--thanks, friend. Here's your coat..."

He reached into the closet, pulling out a woolen, puffy jacket--looking like what an Eskimo would wear. "As for...Wait...You're not...?"

He stared for a minute. "...Ah. You, uh...Anything I can say, to change your mind about going up there?"

The griffon behind the counter blinked. "The week? I was expectin' a day, or two, three at the most..." He rubbed the back of his head. "Always thought ponies were...Ah, it doesn't matter. You've gotten me out of a chore for a week--thanks, friend. Here's your coat..."   He reached into the closet, pulling out a woolen, puffy jacket--looking like what an Eskimo would wear. "As for...Wait...You're not...?"   He stared for a minute. "...Ah. You, uh...Anything I can say, to change your mind about going up there?"

Rhetoric laughed "Good sir, I don't think so, I've made my mind and frankly I would prefer not to know everything about the moutain... But thank you kind sir, I appreciate the concern though. However I am determined to go up... so I still must inquire about that hatchet sir" Rhetoric pulled over the jacket onto his frame and smiled